Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Work and Careers

advertisement
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 04:20 PM   #271
blue_eyed_siamese has no updates.

8 hugs
given
Default Re: Working with a Disorder Check-In Thread

Finished a project today, but I can't shake the idea of wanting a new job (ok, new career). I should be plenty happy to be in the position I am in, but the gratitude is just not there. I feel like a miserable shmuck.
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 11-01-2017, 11:47 PM   #272
Grand Magnate

Turtle_Rider has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
1,539 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
Wow that is a difficult decision, turtle. I guess I would weigh whether or not I think they're likely to stay in business? Also, I know this is kind of shady, but you could take the new job so you get out of the toxic environment you are in currently, and keep looking for something more permanent in the meantime...

I might do that if I was in your shoes.

Seesaw
Still unsure. I have been stalking their website, social media, and shop for few days. I concluded that the business is really bad. I didn't find a customer or review. They don't even have a signboard in their shop. It's a custom phone case shop btw.

I thought about the shady way too, but it could further damage my resume. I have not sent a reply yet. I'm going to discuss it with my family again.

Anyway, many thanks Seesaw.
Hugs from:
Old 11-04-2017, 06:16 AM   #273
Awesoment

seesaw anxious

My Mood:

3 yr Member
376 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Rider View Post
Still unsure. I have been stalking their website, social media, and shop for few days. I concluded that the business is really bad. I didn't find a customer or review. They don't even have a signboard in their shop. It's a custom phone case shop btw.

I thought about the shady way too, but it could further damage my resume. I have not sent a reply yet. I'm going to discuss it with my family again.

Anyway, many thanks Seesaw.
Always a good idea to discuss with your family.

Primary Dx: PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder[/SIGPIC]
Secondary Dx: OCPD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-09-2017, 03:21 AM   #274
Grand Magnate

My Mood:

2 yr Member
1,539 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I rejected the offer a week ago. I saw so many warning signs. My family didn't think they will be able to survive.

I'm just getting 2 replies from my applicant. No interview invitation yet. I hope I get one soon.

I decide to take a break from job searching. I feel wear out over this problem and other relationship problem.
Hugs from:
Old 11-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #275
Minnow has no updates.

My Mood:

Love this thread and new to the site...
Work is my problem most of the time and feeds my anxiety/depression. I'm insecure about my abilities and generally do the minimum to get by which leads to more anxiety. Oddly, I've been promoted several times in recent years and am a senior exec. Procrastination, work avoidance, surfing the web and chatrooms consume most of my day. Could be self sabotage to create the storm my life needs. My counterpart at work just gave his notice so I feel like the last man standing. I have no idea how I'll handle my job and his...
Old 11-14-2017, 02:24 AM   #276
Grand Magnate

My Mood:

2 yr Member
1,539 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I did not get the invitation from those 2 companies. I guess maybe I'm rejected.

On the other side, I get another offer again. This is from the company that I applied 6 months ago. I originally wanted to go to that company, but they did not reply/see my application. When they contacted me, I was already hired to the current company. Now, they're offering me again. I hope this one would end well.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:03 AM   #277
Poohbah

reb569 ??!!??

My Mood:

297 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Rider View Post
I did not get the invitation from those 2 companies. I guess maybe I'm rejected.

On the other side, I get another offer again. This is from the company that I applied 6 months ago. I originally wanted to go to that company, but they did not reply/see my application. When they contacted me, I was already hired to the current company. Now, they're offering me again. I hope this one would end well.
Good Luck! I hope you get it! I just want to point out that when I got my current job (been here 13 years), I put in 2 to 3 resumes daily for 6 months and got 3 interviews. You just have to keep trying over and over again until something matches up.

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. Iíve always felt that I wasnít a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-17-2017, 12:45 AM   #278
Grand Magnate

My Mood:

2 yr Member
1,539 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

A little vent today.

I get 3 offers this week, but none of them are right. Bad company reviews, slow/no response, or unprofessional word (One of them used bad slang word instead of formal one). The good side is, at least they make my current company looks so much better.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:37 AM   #279
Grand Poohbah

daisydid is going places

My Mood:

45 hugs
given

Didn't know where else to post, but I have to get this out lest I...

Was reading a thread on PC talking about how mental illness impacts people in their professions, and I feel like the post was targeted toward me. The general premise was that there are people here on the forums in careers where they care for others, and teachers came up specifically. That the poster would be upset to know that their child's teacher was mentally fragile, especially children "developmentally disabled."

So I'm a special education teacher, and I already struggle with imposter syndrome so much. I fear constantly that I'm doing a disservice to my students by teaching at all. I'm not sure if this person was thinking of me, but unless I shake this feeling I'm not sure how I go to work on Monday.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #280
Veteran Member

SheilaKathy I love my Creator!

My Mood:

525 hugs
given

I am a caregiver also. My client is disabled and so am I on several different planes both physical and mental. I do the best for my client that I can do. That is all anyone can expect of me. Sometimes I feel that my client's family believes there could be a better caregiver for him. I just get a feeling... However, my client likes me, so that is that. His condition demands as little change in caregivers as possible. His needs come first, not the opinions of his family.
Closed Thread