Major Work Anxiety - Forums at Psych Central

Old 03-19-2019, 07:21 AM #1

Have Hope has no updates.

129 hugs
given
Default Major Work Anxiety

I feel a lot of pressure right now and a lot of anxiety around work. I already have an anxiety problem and take meds for it as needed. But I feel tons of pressure because I have a client I must please and do well with or else we may lose them. Weíre already in hot water with them because of another team messing up from my company. My boss told me last week that the work I hand in to them this week has to be awesome. Then heís pressured me to get it to them as soon as possible. I need to take my time with it though in order for it to be awesome. Itís not a simple project. I just feel so much pressure and anxiety over it. If we lose them I donít want it to be because of me.
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet. To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:53 AM #2

Nowinners has no updates.

1,413 hugs
given
Default Re: Major Work Anxiety

It is possible that because of what has already transpired, that client is already "shopping". They may already have decided to go but the time is not right for it yet. I think you are putting to much pressure on yourself. Anxiety motivates us to work harder but if the client leaves, it may be a reflection on your entire company, not just you. Not fun to be put under so much pressure though.....
Nowinners is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-19-2019, 08:10 AM #3
Veteran Member

Veteran Member
luvyrself has no updates.

3 yr Member
63 hugs
given

You need to relax enough for maximum performance, especially if this is an issue of creativity. People often get their best ideas in the shower, waking up, etc. Donít clench up, a tough order, I know. Exercise,bubble bath, pamper your inner genius and go for it!
Xanax as needed
luvyrself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-19-2019, 11:41 AM #4

129 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowinners View Post
It is possible that because of what has already transpired, that client is already "shopping". They may already have decided to go but the time is not right for it yet. I think you are putting to much pressure on yourself. Anxiety motivates us to work harder but if the client leaves, it may be a reflection on your entire company, not just you. Not fun to be put under so much pressure though.....
Thanks a great point! They could be shopping. I just hate the pressure I feel. Itís not my fault that the other department messed up, but now all the burden is on me to make them happy. Ugh.
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet. To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
Hugs from:
Old 03-19-2019, 11:42 AM #5

129 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyrself View Post
You need to relax enough for maximum performance, especially if this is an issue of creativity. People often get their best ideas in the shower, waking up, etc. Donít clench up, a tough order, I know. Exercise,bubble bath, pamper your inner genius and go for it!
I love this! Thanks. I do get more creative and have my best brainstorming moments outside the office! Lol. Iím at lunch thinking about that project now even.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:06 AM #6

129 hugs
given

Argh. The anxiety and stress I feel is just too much. I know I do some of it, and perhaps even a lot of it to myself. But it doesn't help that my boss tells me this project must be awesome or we could lose the client. I am putting a lot of pressure on myself a as a direct result.

A co-worker of mine just coasts through work, unlike me. I wish I could be more like her and adopt her attitude, which is "it's just work".

But if we lose the biggest client because of ME, I worry I will get let go. They've done it before and will do it again, if need be. I worry so much about everything, but that's my greatest fear.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:19 PM #7

129 hugs
given

Well, I handed in my project today to my boss. He said it was perfect! So, there's that to celebrate. Now I just need the client to be happy with it too.
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-20-2019, 07:00 PM #8

Nowinners has no updates.

1,413 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
Well, I handed in my project today to my boss. He said it was perfect! So, there's that to celebrate. Now I just need the client to be happy with it too.
Nowinners is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-20-2019, 07:35 PM #9

129 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowinners View Post

Thanks! LOL, those dancing chilis are too cute!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-21-2019, 06:14 AM #10

129 hugs
given

I wish I didn't have this difficult new client. They are not helping my anxiety problem.

They picked apart my work last week, so we as a team had to defend ourselves. I feel like the director on their team is just looking for reasons to fire us already.

He seems to have a negative attitude towards us, and it's probably because another team from my company messed up their portion of the work. They're also coming off of a negative experience working with a different company for their project, so they're very skeptical of our work now, scrutinizing and questioning every little detail along the way.

So now all this pressure is on ME to perform and to keep the client happy. That is why my boss pressured me last week to get this project done asap.

I am glad I took the time I needed with it though, in order for my boss to say it was "perfect". That's music to my ears right now. I suppose that may be what matters the most? If my boss is happy with my work?

I have to anticipate that this client is going to be difficult and will probably come back with criticism or questioning of this, that, and the other with what I handed in to them. So today I am bracing myself for that possibility.

I have to manage my anxiety somehow. I don't want to take my "as needed" anxiety med every single day as a result of my work making me overly anxious. But I feel like I need to take it today. I suppose I could since I haven't in a couple days.

ARGH. Damn anxiety. It's going to make me nuts.
Hugs from: