Mountaindewed
Elder

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
50 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Coworkers think thereís an issue when there isnít?

A coworker came up to me today, and said ďI heard your having issues with this coworker.Ē I really am not. A couple weeks ago a couple coworkers overheard this coworker being rude to me behind my back and made a big deal out it and confronted her about it. Now itís this big deal in the work place. I honestly donít really pay that much attention to this coworker. Yeah sheís rude sometimes but itís not that bad. And she does it to everyone. Not just me. I just feel like my coworkers are creating issues where issues donít need to be created. I am irked that they will really start something between me and her. I wish they would just butt out. If her behavior isnít bothering me, then it shouldnít be bothering them either. And believe me, I am one of the most sensitive people out there. I take offense to the smallest things. So if sheís not bothering me. Then they should leave me alone about it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?
Mountaindewed is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 02-22-2019, 08:28 PM   #2
CallMeRaven
Grand Poohbah
Community Liaison

CallMeRaven I love my daughter...

My Mood:

139 hugs
given
Default Re: Coworkers think thereís an issue when there isnít?

I would take it to a superior and have it dealt with. Where I work to talk like this is unacceptable. It hurts the workplace environment and there is enough stress without this.

Raven
CallMeRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-23-2019, 07:17 AM   #3
sarahsweets
Poohbah

sarahsweets Humor is my end game..

My Mood:

91 hugs
given

I would just flat out tell them : I am sorry this situation that you are creating bothers you because I havent given it another thought. If you have issues with Mrs coworker that is between you and her, leave me out of it."
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
Medusax
Veteran Member

Medusax has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
259 hugs
given

Ahhhh...my PET peeve. Gossip and drama mongers in the workplace. THIS is why I sit by myself and don't talk to any of my co-workers except one. I don't know WHAT is wrong with people. If someone tells me something, I keep it to myself. If I overhear anything, I keep it too myself. If I see someone kissing someone in the parking lot who they should not be kissing I just keep on going and say nothing because, frankly, I have my own things to do and I don't care. The older I get the more I hate people. I'll just say it. So, avoidance. That is all the advice I can give. If you have to get nasty to get the point across, well, then I do it.
Medusax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #5
Mountaindewed
Elder

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
50 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I feel like if coworkers continue to bring up the fact that I have more days off then them and other things like that then I will be discussing things with a manager. I had a coworker get upset at me because I wouldnít cover a shift for her. I couldnít cover it because I can only work a certain amount of hours because of my social security and I was already at my limit with the hours I was scheduled. Plus itís not my problem anyways. Itís hers. She was being rude and nasty about me not being able to cover for her. I let it slide this time because I really donít want any problems. My anxiety is already through the roof. I donít get why she thought it was my fault she couldnít get her shift covered.
Mountaindewed is online now   Reply With Quote