Old 02-18-2019, 11:23 AM   #1
Calypso2632

Calypso2632 Working on it

My Mood: Cna recertification

3 yr Member
54 hugs
given
Red face Cna recertification

I took my Cna recertification test February 14 and have to call for the results this Thursday. I was incredibly anxious leading up to the test and had to call my psychiatrist to call something in for my anxiety. I'm worried I may have failed the clinical portion because I had to do the blood pressure more than once due to bad hearing which I explained to the instructor. Ugh. I hate this waiting. This anxiety. And if I do pass I need all new scrubs and pants. My old ones were garbage and I tossed them because I was in a really bad place mentally, and drinking heavily, and going for disability. Now I'm completely sober for 4 months plus now, on my own and ready to rejoin the work force. I'm hoping my previous employer will rehire me if I'm given the chance at interview to let her (the director of nursing) know that I, and my situation have improved immensely. God I'm nervous tho!! I've been out of work since early 2014. I'm totally out of practice doing this stuff!!!
Calypso2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 02-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #2
luvyrself
Veteran Member
luvyrself has no updates.

3 yr Member
60 hugs
given
Default Re: Cna recertification

I have a thrift shop nearby that carries lots of scrubs. If you tell me your size and light colors or dark,I can tlll you what I find. I am a retired school librarian so I am pretty trustworthy. CNA is such a great field!
luvyrself is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #3
MickeyCheeky
Wise Elder

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

2 yr Member
26.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm happy for you, Calypso2632! I'm glad you're going back to work soon. That's a big accomplishment. It means that you've been working hard to get better and now your hard work is finally paying off! Be proud of yourself for that. I hope they will rehire you or that you will find something else soon. You deserve it. You've been through so much. I thin it's normal to be anxious after all this time. I'm sure you'll be great! Just try to do your best. That's all you can do after all. I also think that luvyurself has made a great offer to you! I'd suggest to accept it if you can. I hope you'll get the help you need and deserve. You're a kind, thoughtful, supportive, wise and wonderful person. Try to hang on. You can do this! You're strong, I know that. I believe in you. I hope things will get better soon for you. Is there anything we can do to help you? Please let us know. Remember that we're here for you if you need it. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. Sending many hugs to you
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-18-2019, 06:12 PM   #4
Calypso2632

3 yr Member
54 hugs
given

Thank you both!! My size is generally hard to find.. 5xl top.. ugh. I'm not a small person. I don't wear scrub bottoms as I tend to blow them out bending and squatting and they have no give. For tops I usually pick out ones that are patterns not plain colors because they hide sweat and spills better. I'm not choosy about the pattern generally as long as it's not for the dentist or the vet's. I usually work in with the elderly. They also seem to enjoy the bright colors. And thank you so much for the offer to go look!! I keep checking my thrift store, and already know my local stores that carry scrubs don't go above a 3xl. So I've picked a few on Amazon but need the money to order them. Also found yoga pants on there in plain black with flair legs like I use for work in multi packs for a decent price. But it all comes down to money. Ugh. Lol. I'm still going over and the testing in my head and just want Thursday here already!! Tell me my fate!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-19-2019, 10:45 PM   #5
Monticello

Monticello has no updates.

28 hugs
given

Congratulations on your sobriety! I hate waiting for test results. I had to do the same thing this summer. All your CNA knowledge is still in your head and will all come flooding back to you as soon as you start working again. Do you use plastic or soft rubber ear tips on your stethescope? You can buy soft rubber tips at stores that sell scrubs and stuff for pretty cheap and they make a big difference in what you can hear.
Monticello is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-20-2019, 01:06 AM   #6
seesaw
Human

seesaw grieving

3 yr Member
641 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Good luck. You are doing all the right stuff. Fingers crossed for you.
seesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-20-2019, 05:28 PM   #7
BeyondtheRainbow
Elder

BeyondtheRainbow has no updates.

3 yr Member
1,851 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I used to get my scrubs off ebay. I could get either individual pieces or (my favorite) bundles. I think that I averaged something like $2.50/piece. Not every piece fit but most did and I'd say 99% of what I ordered worked out.
BeyondtheRainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-21-2019, 12:57 AM   #8
Calypso2632

3 yr Member
54 hugs
given

I PASSED!!! I'm active on the registry!! Now to come up with money and get the scrubs and get a job... someone I worked with at my old place said they are hiring.. so I'm going to see about applying on Monday. My landlord extended an offer a while back about going in a hundred dollars towards the cost of my Cna test and I'm going to see if maybe that money could still be good towards work uniforms..? I managed to get the cost of my test covered by a back to work type program. @BeyondtheRainbow great idea about eBay I have an account and didn't even think to check there!! I saw this post and jumped right on!! There are some tips in my size in prints that are cheaper than Amazon. Woot!! As for the stethoscope most nursing homes use a nurse betty now so manual blood pressure really isn't done. And thanks for the ideas and support!!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-21-2019, 01:42 AM   #9
BeyondtheRainbow
Elder

BeyondtheRainbow has no updates.

3 yr Member
1,851 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Congratulations!!
BeyondtheRainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-21-2019, 04:34 PM   #10
Calypso2632

3 yr Member
54 hugs
given

Well I borrowed money from my landlord, loaded the card and hit eBay. Got some stuff coming. Had to go with individual pieces, not really much in the way of what I was looking for in my size. Found 3 tops and 2 bottoms. That's a good start for now!! Going to go apply Monday. Saw my psychiatrist today and got a little something for anxiety to help me through this process. I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be, but I'm still anxious. Hopefully everything will fall together!!
"Thanks for this!" says: