Old 02-19-2019, 03:45 AM   #31
sarahsweets
Poohbah

sarahsweets Humor is my end game..

My Mood: A Bad/Wrong Decision?

90 hugs
given
Default Re: A Bad/Wrong Decision?

I think what you did was brave and ultimately what you had to do. In a perfect world HR would actually protect its employees but they are more interested in protecting the company. Be on the lookout for any kind of passive aggressive retaliation.
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 02-19-2019, 05:58 AM   #32
golden_eve
Grand Magnate

golden_eve has no updates.

3 yr Member
3,422 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I think what you did was brave and ultimately what you had to do. In a perfect world HR would actually protect its employees but they are more interested in protecting the company. Be on the lookout for any kind of passive aggressive retaliation.
Thanks so much for saying this! I appreciate it.

God, I hope there's no retaliation. That would make things FAR worse for me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-19-2019, 01:21 PM   #33
Guiness187055
Grand Magnate

Guiness187055 Is sedated

2 yr Member
689 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

As a general manager I tell my staff come to me with any issue. If i can't solve your issue then feel free to go over my head.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #34
resurgam
resurgam has no updates.

"I have a feeling that the end result would not have occurred if I had only gone to my boss about this issue. "

you say this but then you repeatedly state he is the best boss you have ever had & tell him so....my question is what exactly is he?

I think deep down you went to hr to get your point across. you could have waited one day for him to return and had a meeting..it sounds like this was a long term problem, not something that just popped up...you knew he was out....I think it's pretty common knowledge to not jump the chain of command

I was a supervisor in a large gov't operation....I t is stressed that folks run the chain...don't jump the steps....really if we can fix a problem at the lowest level then that is so much better..not everything needs to hit the top level to be remediated...not should it be. and a good top level manager will ask: have you addressed this issue with YOUR supervisor? it just makes everyone look bad. you telling your boss belatedly that he is the best thing since sliced bread really doesn't mean much at this point..if he was so great you would have waited to speak to him..& respected him on this point.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-19-2019, 05:39 PM   #35
golden_eve
Grand Magnate

3 yr Member
3,422 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurgam View Post
"I have a feeling that the end result would not have occurred if I had only gone to my boss about this issue. "

you say this but then you repeatedly state he is the best boss you have ever had & tell him so....my question is what exactly is he?

I think deep down you went to hr to get your point across. you could have waited one day for him to return and had a meeting..it sounds like this was a long term problem, not something that just popped up...you knew he was out....I think it's pretty common knowledge to not jump the chain of command

I was a supervisor in a large gov't operation....I t is stressed that folks run the chain...don't jump the steps....really if we can fix a problem at the lowest level then that is so much better..not everything needs to hit the top level to be remediated...not should it be. and a good top level manager will ask: have you addressed this issue with YOUR supervisor? it just makes everyone look bad. you telling your boss belatedly that he is the best thing since sliced bread really doesn't mean much at this point..if he was so great you would have waited to speak to him..& respected him on this point.
You're implying that I disrespected my boss? Honestly I don't appreciate your post very much and I don't find it to be very supportive.

For your information, everything turned out just fine. I met with my boss 1:1 today. He said he is not angry with me, when I asked. He said it's good that our CEO knows the reports are too lengthy, and it was a productive meeting about how to reduce the size of these reports.

Also, as I have made perfectly clear in this thread: this was an ongoing issue, it was the heat of the moment, I was overwrought and needed someone to talk to.

So thanks, but no thanks. I don’t need any lectures thank you. I’m freaking 48 years old and have worked full time for 25 years. Plus I work in a small family like organization that cannot be compared with your larger govt organization.

You show NO empathy and neither do those who “thanked” your post: seesaw, Guinness and cold soul. NOT SUPPORTIVE. If you’re going to just lurk don’t bother with a “thanks” on an unsupportive and Unempathetic post.

Last edited by golden_eve; 02-19-2019 at 08:40 PM..
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-19-2019, 08:00 PM   #36
golden_eve
Grand Magnate

3 yr Member
3,422 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I’m going to ask admin to close this thread.

I thank those who have been supportive of me in this situation.

Last edited by golden_eve; 02-19-2019 at 08:12 PM..
Old 02-19-2019, 10:07 PM   #37
resurgam
resurgam has no updates.

when you post to a public forum and ask for opinions, that's what you get...opinions. some you like, and some you don't. sorry you found mine not to your liking. in a perfect world everyone would say, gee, you did everything right & let's hug it out. but it's not a perfect world..as you know because you posted an issue at your workplace. I posted my response and opinion, not in an effort to hurt you but to post my response, just as all the others did.
Closed Thread