advertisement

Old 02-03-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
ladytiger
Poohbah
ladytiger has no updates.

My Mood: Is this bullying?

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Is this bullying?

This morning I got called out again by another lead about not answering the phones. This lead told my lead such a mess so much tattle telling at my job and *** kissing! There are other leads who won't go live on the phones but I'm always being single out all the time.

I've been applying to jobs while working. I'm also networking to see who knows of good places that are hiring. This job is beyond ridiculous just now toxic so much for we're a family. I have better things to do a company whose products don't work.

I need to get out of this job asap. I have tons of skills to go elsewhere I really don't need this job. I'm looking at gov jobs hard to get into them so much waiting.

Just venting
ladytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 02-04-2018, 05:19 PM   #2
sans

sans has no updates.

5 yr Member
639 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Is this bullying?

Best of luck ladytiger,
Good for you to network and find something while youíre still employed. I always find it easier to secure a new job if I havenít let go of the old one yet.
Sans
sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
ladytiger
Poohbah

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!

Thank you. I applied to a few interesting jobs I applied to yesterday. I'm also looking at a possibility of a 2nd part time job to supplement my income but I'm hoping I shouldn't need to if I can transition to another full time job elsewhere. It's hard for me 2 get a 2nd part time job as I've ran into a lot of employers who expect me to drop my full time for such crap pay and I told them not happening.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:54 AM   #4
golden_eve
Grand Magnate

golden_eve has no updates.

3 yr Member
2,906 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Some people do get singled out more than others. It could be bullying. My boss used to single me out ALL the time, and she bullied me. Sounds toxic and sounds like you're doing the right thing by trying to get out. Hope you can find something good for yourself soon. ((((Hugs))))

~Bob Marley
golden_eve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:23 AM   #5
nicoleflynn
Magnate
nicoleflynn has no updates.

5 yr Member
51 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Verbal abuse.
nicoleflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #6
ladytiger
Poohbah

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!

What's the reasoning 4 singling out someone I wonder? For 16/hr the job is not all that! I can't wait 2 leave
Old 02-12-2018, 04:42 PM   #7
ArchieAus
ArchieAus has no updates.

They say there's always three sides to an argument . Your side , their side and then the truth . A flawed analogy for sure , but generally in any dispute it goes the same way . The supervisor says that person is impossible to deal with , the employee says the supervisor is impossible to work for ..and every varying shade of grey along that spectrum . Often it comes down to human nature and compatibility , but luckily there is a process to follow regarding the rules of engagement , so blatant bullying can be addressed , but it's by no means perfect .
The bright side is us flawed humans are still in the process , probably in 50 years some bright spark will develop the artificial intelligence supervisor . You can buy a model for your company , which will be programmed to analyze all your workers psychological needs and to be firm but fair on any dispute , implementing the company policies to the letter , recording every conversation for later evaluation.
Glad I won't be around for that . I'll settle for hating my boss and moving on till I find a decent one .
ArchieAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #8
ladytiger
Poohbah

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_eve View Post
Some people do get singled out more than others. It could be bullying. My boss used to single me out ALL the time, and she bullied me. Sounds toxic and sounds like you're doing the right thing by trying to get out. Hope you can find something good for yourself soon. ((((Hugs))))
All my life I've been singled out. So many cut throaters at work now. I got turned down for a few jobs sigh saw a job fair coming up but it's on the day I'm working and can't take anymore time off.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:06 PM   #9
seesaw
Human

seesaw is struggling with excessive daytime sleepiness

3 yr Member
563 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm not sure if it's bullying or not. You say you're getting called out for not answering phones. Is answering phones part of your job duties? I understand you say that other leads don't answer phones either but they don't get called out for it. But you have, so obviously the standard is that you need to do so. You also don't know everything that gets said to those leads, so I would try not to assume that they also haven't been talked to about not answering phones.

I don't doubt that your work environment is toxic. So many work environments are constructed to be just that. It's almost an epidemic in American culture, it seems. I wonder why so many work places seem toxic? I think it may be an effect of the Peter Principle, which basically says that people rise to their own level of incompetence. I do think, in some ways, we can contribute to the toxicity of our environment by not setting boundaries or by expecting things out of our work environment that aren't possible - like when people want to socialize at work, for example, and it's frowned upon. (Not saying that's happening here, just an example.)

I hope you are able to find a new job. When you are able to find a new job, make sure that you decide what your boundaries will be. I often find that toxicity arises from people backstabbing, gossiping, and over socializing, but that's just my experience. Although it certainly happens otherwise, like with leaders who like to blame employees for their incompetence or pit employees against each other.

The best you can do right now is take the feedback you've been given, to answer phones, and do it, so they don't single you out for that again.

Is there any other thing they are singling you out for?

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #10
ladytiger
Poohbah

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
I'm not sure if it's bullying or not. You say you're getting called out for not answering phones. Is answering phones part of your job duties? I understand you say that other leads don't answer phones either but they don't get called out for it. But you have, so obviously the standard is that you need to do so. You also don't know everything that gets said to those leads, so I would try not to assume that they also haven't been talked to about not answering phones.

I don't doubt that your work environment is toxic. So many work environments are constructed to be just that. It's almost an epidemic in American culture, it seems. I wonder why so many work places seem toxic? I think it may be an effect of the Peter Principle, which basically says that people rise to their own level of incompetence. I do think, in some ways, we can contribute to the toxicity of our environment by not setting boundaries or by expecting things out of our work environment that aren't possible - like when people want to socialize at work, for example, and it's frowned upon. (Not saying that's happening here, just an example.)

I hope you are able to find a new job. When you are able to find a new job, make sure that you decide what your boundaries will be. I often find that toxicity arises from people backstabbing, gossiping, and over socializing, but that's just my experience. Although it certainly happens otherwise, like with leaders who like to blame employees for their incompetence or pit employees against each other.

The best you can do right now is take the feedback you've been given, to answer phones, and do it, so they don't single you out for that again.

Is there any other thing they are singling you out for?

Seesaw
Yes I do phone work for 2 hours a day. I see it daily in our lead room that leads aren't taking calls when supposed too. I see the same names daily besides mine. One lead called me out had to talk to my boss I said when does she gets to act like boss of the lead room? He said She's not supposed 2 do that exactly my point.

It's been a lot of cut throating at work recently. That girl singles me out a lot I don't know her but I've seen her in the office. I'm beyond tired of this work drama the agents and everybody don't like being on the phones anyway.

It's so fake at work they kiss the owners *** a lot. I got turned down for more jobs that i applied too. I'm still looking for other jobs not the ones I want those are the ones I keep getting.