Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Transgender & Other Gender Support

advertisement

Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #1

uhmno cheers peeps

My Mood:

3 hugs
given
Confused loose skin after top-surgery

Hi there,

I had periareolar mastectomy (also known as keyhole) 2 months ago and most of the swelling has gone down by now but I have got one problem. It seems like there is still some loose skin on my chest like you cant see it when I am standing or sitting upright but when I lean over you can see a skin fold. I am wondering if this is normal and is gonna go away after a few more months? Also, I am scared that if I would ever lose weight that it will get worse.
uhmno is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 02-14-2018, 08:27 PM   #2
Apparition

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
9,225 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: loose skin after top-surgery

I'm sorry I can't address your concerns. But I simply wanted to wish you the best with your recovery.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:59 AM   #3
Grand Poohbah

ringtailcat has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
490 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: loose skin after top-surgery

I had some "excess tissue" after my top surgery several years ago. I waited about 6 months to see how I was healing and if anything would change. After deciding these areas weren't going to go away, I went back to my surgeon and he removed the areas I wasn't happy with. He is the one who labeled these as "excess tissue" when his office got the approval from my insurance company.
Not saying this will be the way it goes for you... my insurance paid 100% because of the way it was labeled.

Congrats and best of luck!!

ringtailcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:57 AM   #4

uhmno cheers peeps

My Mood:

3 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringtailcat View Post
I had some "excess tissue" after my top surgery several years ago. I waited about 6 months to see how I was healing and if anything would change. After deciding these areas weren't going to go away, I went back to my surgeon and he removed the areas I wasn't happy with. He is the one who labeled these as "excess tissue" when his office got the approval from my insurance company.
Not saying this will be the way it goes for you... my insurance paid 100% because of the way it was labeled.

Congrats and best of luck!!
I know that my insurance would cover my revision if I wanted one but at the moment I am just hoping it will tighten by itself. Thank you.
uhmno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:37 PM   #5
Albie has no updates.

My Mood:

1 hugs
given

Just curious what size where I before? I went the other way with male breast augmentation.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote

« Confused - | - »