Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Transgender & Other Gender Support

advertisement

Old 01-08-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
Poohbah

-Astral- has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
21 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Confused -

i feel so ****ing confused about my gender being male i feel is wrong for me but its reasons like a member of mt family will not understand i remain female at the moment i think i want to be female sometimes but i really want to be male i have to comform to what my famly wants me to be I AM MALE YET BECAUSE OF OTHERS I CANT BE MYSELF my true self is male i need to get help for this i told my dr and my psych that i want to be male they told me to live as a man for 9 months first before i can talk to anyone like a gender threapist
i have to be stable for myself and for this
am going to get in touch with the LGBT centre they offer counselling
get my name down and get on the waiting list

-Astral- is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #2
Apparition

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
10.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Confused -

Well... I don't know how things work where you live. Perhaps the reason you have to live as a man for 9 months, before seeing a gender therapist, has something to do with the health care system in the U.K.? That just seems backwards to me. Normally I would think you would start seeing the therapist first.

I'm sorry you're stuck living as someone you feel you're not due to your family. I know something about this though. I'm kind-of doing the same thing. Good luck with counseling at the LGBT center. That sounds like a great idea!
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-10-2018, 07:35 AM   #3
Poohbah

-Astral- has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
21 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Confused -

well am no longer talking to any of my family so **** them , Am going to be who i want to be if they dont like it then too bad the only family members i talk to my is teenagers nieces other that them the rest of them can **** themselves i dont have to deal with people like that and am i hell getting treated like dirt by them my husband is happy and supportive of me being transgender he says he loves me even if i was male and my friends who are mostly LGBT are supportive there like my family i dont need blood family at all i love my new family

-Astral- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:01 AM   #4

objtrbit has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
3 hugs
given

Hi there Astral,

I'm an ftm transman, pre T pre op. I've known for 7 years, I'm 28. I'm glad you were able to get away from your family. When I first found out I had to have someone call me "he" for awhile before I found out how much it fit me. Hopefully you have some transgender friends to have your back, it's so hard without support.
objtrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 01-16-2018, 09:36 PM   #5

Keyplayer has no updates.

My Mood:

553 hugs
given

Hi ,

It must be different in the UK , in the US , if you suffer from dysphoria , you can either seek out a trans friendly doctor or a therapist.

I have found that a therapist need not specialize in gender issues or even sexual issues to help . I have had amazing support from my therapist , and as soon as I get some unresolved issues straightened out I am going to move to a safe location and start living my life .

I have also found the age does not matter if you are healthy , lucky I am.

I have no idea if I would ever go so far as SRS , but I am not gay , I love women , I always have , so much so I want to be one. Males , I have no thoughts of ever hanging with the guys in any fashion.

I have lived with dysphoria for a long time , when I could have transitioned , I would have been sent to a mental institution , but today thing are different.

All we really need is a trans - person in the Oval Office to make things right !! LOL

OK good luck all my best , be who you are supposed to be , your supposed to be happy.

Take care ,

Keyplayer
Keyplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:47 AM   #6
Albie has no updates.

My Mood:

1 hugs
given

It's a difficult situation lucky some of us have support of others and love ones to help. I would agree if u r in a toxic environment to get out and just be yourself!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:52 AM   #7

uhmno cheers peers

My Mood:

8 hugs
given

In Germany, you can get in touch with a therapist right away but I know things are different in the UK at least I heard that the waiting lists are kinda long. However, I would guess that you can talk to a gender therapist even before you lived as a male for 9 months...I mean therapist are generally helping you transition and outing/living as male is certainly part of it.
uhmno is offline   Reply With Quote