Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Transgender & Other Gender Support

advertisement

Old 10-21-2017, 02:37 AM   #1
gadgeteer has no updates.

Smile Identifying as being an androgyn in gender.

For about four years now, I have felt 'right' about my gender being androgyn -- what I consider being a melding of particular male and female characteristics that I embody in a hybridized form, being a bit of both yet not designating either of the binary genders. I think many people personally choose to disqualify this designation but I don't base the legitimization of the intrinsic nature of my gender identity by consensus. I would like to greet all of you gender questioning, trans-male, trans-female, cis-female, cis-male, (trans-)androgyn, and (trans-)agender individuals (agender people are individuals whom do not identify as being any sexual gender and are psychologically 'gender absent,') and anyone of any decided gender designation in-between.
gadgeteer is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 11-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #2
Account Suspended
All Is Revealed is back to normal.

My Mood:

282 hugs
given
Default Re: Identifying as being an androgyn in gender.

Awesome! It feels good when you love and accept yourself. It's also great that you're comfortable telling others who you are, and what you identify as.

It's good be in a world where diversity is growing.

All Is Revealed is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-26-2017, 07:36 AM   #3
Anonymous50025
Anonymous50025 has no updates. Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
For about four years now, I have felt 'right' about my gender being androgyn -- what I consider being a melding of particular male and female characteristics that I embody in a hybridized form, being a bit of both yet not designating either of the binary genders. I think many people personally choose to disqualify this designation but I don't base the legitimization of the intrinsic nature of my gender identity by consensus. I would like to greet all of you gender questioning, trans-male, trans-female, cis-female, cis-male, (trans-)androgyn, and (trans-)agender individuals (agender people are individuals whom do not identify as being any sexual gender and are psychologically 'gender absent,') and anyone of any decided gender designation in-between.
Golly! Will we ever be done mixing nouns and pronouns and adjectives and the like to describe how we use - and don’t use - our sexybits?

Androgyn = androgynous? (I’m guessing?) Aren’t you really, well, putting too fine a point on it (so to speak...) by bringing in those things that you embody rather than what is shared by other “androgyns?”

Things were so simple way back fifteen minutes ago... I was a handsome and well-hung bisexual male, taking shite from both gay and straight people because I would not accept that I was “really” homo or “really” hetero.

It was a headache back then. The ‘gender absent’ were folks who weren’t effing anyone but were still guys or girls. Generally, they had something between their legs even if they weren’t putting it to use. We had comics portraying the gender-WTF?!? “Pat” on SNL, e.g.

I’m bisexual. I am versatile and multi-faceted but, getting down to brass tacks, I have sex with men and women and transgendered folks, too. Queer, you might say. I form much, much stronger emotional attachments with women and I prefer poly-living arrangements with a minimum of two bisexual male-female couples.

And I said all of that without creating any new words.

Many people seem to want to overthink gender whilst abstinent from actual sex. Rolling around with five other warm bodies answers more questions about gender identity than cobbling together new terms, don’t ya think?
Old 01-05-2018, 06:47 PM   #4

Rand. has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
94 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciderguy View Post
Golly! Will we ever be done mixing nouns and pronouns and adjectives and the like to describe how we use - and don’t use - our sexybits?

Androgyn = androgynous? (I’m guessing?) Aren’t you really, well, putting too fine a point on it (so to speak...) by bringing in those things that you embody rather than what is shared by other “androgyns?”

Things were so simple way back fifteen minutes ago... I was a handsome and well-hung bisexual male, taking shite from both gay and straight people because I would not accept that I was “really” homo or “really” hetero.

It was a headache back then. The ‘gender absent’ were folks who weren’t effing anyone but were still guys or girls. Generally, they had something between their legs even if they weren’t putting it to use. We had comics portraying the gender-WTF?!? “Pat” on SNL, e.g.

I’m bisexual. I am versatile and multi-faceted but, getting down to brass tacks, I have sex with men and women and transgendered folks, too. Queer, you might say. I form much, much stronger emotional attachments with women and I prefer poly-living arrangements with a minimum of two bisexual male-female couples.

And I said all of that without creating any new words.

Many people seem to want to overthink gender whilst abstinent from actual sex. Rolling around with five other warm bodies answers more questions about gender identity than cobbling together new terms, don’t ya think?
Please keep in mind that this is an area for support for those who might not identify with their assigned gender and is meant to be a safe place to explore this. You might not understand another person's beliefs, values or identity, and that's OK, but I'd encourage you to remember that this doesn't necessarily mean the other person's feelings on the matter are invalid.

Language is always evolving, and you have used many words and phrases that would not have been understood 50 years ago. Also, androgyne is not a new word and dates back to the mid-1600's.

"The days were dark
And the nights were bright
I would never trade tomorrow for today" -Rush

Rand. is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: