Depression quiz - Forums at Psych Central


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2018, 08:59 AM #1
Buffy01 Buffy01 is offline
Magnate
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 2,353
Buffy01 Buffy01 is offline
Magnate
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 2,353 (SuperPoster!)

3,491 hugs
given
Default Depression quiz

My depression quiz went down some from 76 to 67. It say I have severe depression.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 12-30-2018, 01:21 PM #2
Skeezyks's Avatar
Skeezyks Skeezyks is online now
Apparition
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 17,202
Skeezyks Skeezyks is online now
Apparition
Skeezyks's Avatar
Skeezyks has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 17,202 (SuperPoster!)

3 yr Member
12.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Depression quiz

Progress is progress no matter how small! So I celebrate the reduction in your score from 76 down to 67.
Skeezyks is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-30-2018, 01:46 PM #3
Buffy01 Buffy01 is offline
Magnate
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 2,353
Buffy01 Buffy01 is offline
Magnate
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 2,353 (SuperPoster!)

3,491 hugs
given
Default Re: Depression quiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Progress is progress no matter how small! So I celebrate the reduction in your score from 76 down to 67.
Thank you! Thank you for pointing out something positive to look at with my scores. I been suffering from depression for a while. Any suggestions on how to feel better.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:54 PM #4
Skeezyks's Avatar
Skeezyks Skeezyks is online now
Apparition
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 17,202
Skeezyks Skeezyks is online now
Apparition
Skeezyks's Avatar
Skeezyks has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 17,202 (SuperPoster!)

3 yr Member
12.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Depression quiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy01 View Post
Thank you! Thank you for pointing out something positive to look at with my scores. I been suffering from depression for a while. Any suggestions on how to feel better.
I don't know as I have any particularly innovative suggestions to offer. In my case I've simply always just pushed through no matter what. It often wasn't pretty. But I just made myself do whatever was staring me in the face. As my father used to say many years ago: "You're not required to like it. You're just required to do it." For better or worse, I took that as my mantra.

Perhaps you've already seen these. But here are links to 4 articles, from PC's archives, that offer suggestions for coping with depression. I don't know as there's anything particularly unique in what they suggest. But I suspect that's because, when it comes right down to it, there aren't a whole lot of really unique ideas out there:

Top 10 Daily Habits To Keep Depression Away

10 Things I Do Every Day to Beat Depression

9 Steps to Treat Depression Naturally

10 Drug-Free Alternative Treatments for Depression

By the way, the last article here lists binaural beats as one alternative treatment. Another member here on PC whose insights I quite respect has, in the past, had good things to say about this. If you haven't tried it, there are lots of binaural beats videos on YouTube plus there are websites on the subject you can visit. (Headphones required.)
Skeezyks is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-30-2018, 09:16 PM #5
Buffy01 Buffy01 is offline
Magnate
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 2,353
Buffy01 Buffy01 is offline
Magnate
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 2,353 (SuperPoster!)

3,491 hugs
given
Default Re: Depression quiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
I don't know as I have any particularly innovative suggestions to offer. In my case I've simply always just pushed through no matter what. It often wasn't pretty. But I just made myself do whatever was staring me in the face. As my father used to say many years ago: "You're not required to like it. You're just required to do it." For better or worse, I took that as my mantra.

Perhaps you've already seen these. But here are links to 4 articles, from PC's archives, that offer suggestions for coping with depression. I don't know as there's anything particularly unique in what they suggest. But I suspect that's because, when it comes right down to it, there aren't a whole lot of really unique ideas out there:

Top 10 Daily Habits To Keep Depression Away

10 Things I Do Every Day to Beat Depression

9 Steps to Treat Depression Naturally

10 Drug-Free Alternative Treatments for Depression

By the way, the last article here lists binaural beats as one alternative treatment. Another member here on PC whose insights I quite respect has, in the past, had good things to say about this. If you haven't tried it, there are lots of binaural beats videos on YouTube plus there are websites on the subject you can visit. (Headphones required.)
Thank you for this information. I will try it out.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

Psych Central Forums

Psych Central is the leading mental health website, overseen by mental health professionals since 1995.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.
Please read the full disclaimer.