Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > > >

advertisement

Old 11-08-2018, 12:49 PM   #1
xmascarol

xmascarol has no updates.

8 hugs
given
Default Happy Thanksgiving and what are your doing

I just want to wish everyone here a very Happy Thanksgiving. For me I will be staying home, my son has it his house but to many people are there. I cannot be around growds My son usually brngs me over some left overs.I hope someone makes a pumpkin pie.Love it with cool whip on the top. I will watch the parades. Then perhaps take a nap.I love this time of year I love the Christmas season I have so many good memories from my Christmas as a child, I can remember when my Grandmother us to have Christmas Eve over had her house Santa use to come and give us gifts. I found out later that he was my Uncle.We would have homemade pizza, fried shrimp ,fritz that is fried dough.I always put up her Christmas tree.She had a silver one with blue balls on it and that color wheel it was so much fun putting up that tree singing Christmas songs.However that tree is not my style love the fake green trees.Then we would spend time at my grandmas house for Christmas my birthday.I can remember way back then we use to get a a lot f snow,my brother and I would go slidding this is so funny one time I was slidding down the hill and my sled wouldnt stop I landed n the stream all soaking wet.I just tod my mom it was from the snow.What are your fondess memories for the holidays love to hear them.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 11-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
eclairparty98

eclairparty98 'On his way, foreseeing obstacles'

My Mood: Happy Thanksgiving and what are your doing

303 hugs
given
Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving and what are your doing

Awww, this is such a sweet post - I hope someone makes pumpkin pie for you to enjoy I've never tried it as it's not very popular here in the UK where I am. But I hope you get some! I understand not wanting to be around crowds, you are not alone - but regardless , I hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving!
eclairparty98 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-08-2018, 06:41 PM   #3
xmascarol

8 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclairparty98 View Post
Awww, this is such a sweet post - I hope someone makes pumpkin pie for you to enjoy I've never tried it as it's not very popular here in the UK where I am. But I hope you get some! I understand not wanting to be around crowds, you are not alone - but regardless , I hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving!
Thank you are so sweet yourself and I love the pix you have on your profile.Pumpkin pie is very popular here in the States they even have a delicious pumpkin coffee oh my goodness I cannot get enough pumpkin coffee.I love the pie with cool whip.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #4
Mountaindewed
Grand Magnate

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

2 yr Member
42 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

We will be having family at our house for Thanksgiving. We have a couple turkeys. My aunt makes taffy apple salad. My uncle makes homemade pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream. I work retail but my store doesnít really do Black Friday. I think I will only be working a 5 hour shift and Iíll be done with work by noon on Friday.

Would the parents of a soggy boy with cotton candy in his nose please come to the medical tent!

Rupaul: You can call me he, you can call me she. You can call me Regis and Kathy Lee. I donít care, as long as you call me.
Mountaindewed is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-09-2018, 04:14 AM   #5
xmascarol

8 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
We will be having family at our house for Thanksgiving. We have a couple turkeys. My aunt makes taffy apple salad. My uncle makes homemade pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream. I work retail but my store doesnít really do Black Friday. I think I will only be working a 5 hour shift and Iíll be done with work by noon on Friday.
I think I am coming to your house for the pumpkin pie and whipped cream.My dad when he was still alive use to make apple and pumpkin pies they were so good and the smell through the entire house was just wonderful.It smelled so good.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-09-2018, 05:53 AM   #6
healingme4me
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison Leader
Community Liaison

healingme4me Needs a little reading lamp.

5 yr Member
6,407 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Keeping it simple. Cooking up this turkey that is taking up space in my freezer. I need to pick up some stuffing mix, I think? Unless I have a couple boxes in my cabinet??. Make some buttercup squash. I'm on the fence about mashed potatoes. Do I want to go through all that work and all those dishes? By the time I purchase real butter and supplies, maybe a smaller premade could suffice? Considering how much is actually eaten.
My kids are the extent of my family gathering so everything is at a relaxed pace. Which I am thankful for on its own level.
I recently picked up cherry filling and I also have a pie crust in my freezer because every year I intend to make pot pie and every year...I don't get to it.
healingme4me is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-09-2018, 06:10 AM   #7
MickeyCheeky
Elder

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

2 yr Member
13.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

What a sweet thread. We don't celebrate here, but I wish everyone an Happy Thanksgiving! ((((Everyone))))

Last edited by MickeyCheeky; 11-09-2018 at 06:32 AM..
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-09-2018, 08:16 AM   #8
TishaBuv
Elder

TishaBuv has no updates.

3 yr Member
738 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

We got invited to our new in-laws, our sonís fianceís family. It will be very nice. They are good people and so are we. (I say a bit sheepishly). Really, we are. We are all recovering from trauma.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-09-2018, 08:17 AM   #9
Jennifer 1967
Legendary

Jennifer 1967 has no updates.

3 yr Member
44k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Weíll meet at my sisterís house for Thanksgiving. Iím thinking of trying some new dishes this year versus what we usually have. Really looking forward to it as my daughter will be coming in from college.

Thanks for a great thread. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone that celebrates it.
Jennifer 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-09-2018, 08:46 AM   #10
WishfulThinker66
Veteran Member

WishfulThinker66 has no updates.

71 hugs
given

Happy Thanksgiving to my American neighbours to the south!

I have always been a bit jealous of the way you all celebrate and kick off the festive holiday season. A huge holiday in comparison to our own celebration in October.

May you and family have a fabulous time of it.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: