Old 07-06-2018, 04:21 AM   #411
Arbie
Grand Member

Arbie has no updates.

My Mood: A rant thread (anyone is welcome to add to this) #4

214 hugs
given
Default Re: A rant thread (anyone is welcome to add to this) #4

Other people think the rules don't apply to them, and they get break after break after break. I mean YEARS spent working with them. Meanwhile, Vocational Rehabilitation doesn't even consider me employable and won't help me.

Justice?
Arbie is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 07-06-2018, 11:55 AM   #412
Patagonia
Grand Magnate

Patagonia Pessimistic cynic. Beware

5 yr Member
94 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Lost & Found, to me, is just not the same as free! It’s not a right you have to take something bec no one else has. Does that make sense? It’s not something “you think we can use.” What if someone is still looking for it or has not realized that item is gone?
Doesn’t make sense to me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 07-07-2018, 11:33 AM   #413
healingme4me
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison Leader
Community Liaison

healingme4me Needs a little reading lamp.

5 yr Member
6,407 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Fortnite!!! Bleeping fortnite and all its little extras....

Because it all leads to mom..geez...I was only asking..mom..geez..what do you mean I cannot sell off all my other stuff? Why are you snapping no? It was just a question--yeah one that is the same question several times a week...after I was assured that this one save the world would handle the earning of the necessary coins that would satisfy the new releases of items....
I cry foul! And now I am forced to repeatedly say...no no no no no no no...which is not exactly where I want to be while on vacation...
Which by the way...your brother actually turned in items that had been collecting dust for lego sets which are actually something to show for...

Last edited by healingme4me; 07-07-2018 at 11:47 AM..
healingme4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #414
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

nonightowl wonders if anyone cares about her updates

10 yr Member
4,424 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry Re: A rant thread (anyone is welcome to add to this) #4

In just a few days, I've had one thing after another go wrong. This past weekend we were without hot water AGAIN. &^$#*@ landlord too cheap to get plumbers to work outside business hours; I bet they don't want to pay the extra money. Ironic, considering they just raised the rent. 2nd time it's happened in just a month. 2 days last time too---also on a WEEKEND "conveniently".

I dropped one of my little magnet clips under the stove and can't get it to it so far. I also dropped this little thingy that secures the frame for my window fan down the drain. It's the size of a dime with a hole in it. I don't know what it's called.

An item I wanted has been discontinued, as I found out when I placed my order on the phone this morning.

The moisturizer I bought on sale that I wanted so badly is EMPTY. I pumped and pumped it but not a drop came out. It was the last one left, until they get more in stock later in the week. And because of the STUPID holiday, I had to wait till Thur or Fri. They still had no new shipment by then, and now they said try on Tuesday.

The package did look shabby and like it had been opened, as it was taped but I don't know if all are taped. I tried another store, and they didn't have it either. I asked for a raincheck (for that sale price), and they said they can't give the same sale price as the original store. But the original store said I could get a raincheck from any store to use at any store.

And last Tues morning my sink started backing up. At first I thought just running the garbage disposal would clear it, as it usually does. No, it just made the other side back up. I didn't want to be bothered with maintenance, so I tried Drano. (It has worked before)

I let it sit a half hour, then poured a kettle of boiling water down. It just made it worse. 😒 It looked someone put stuff like broccoli and lettuce leaves down the drain. At least it's not something worse or gross like a lot of grease. One time all this grease came up....

And since the library was CLOSED Wed, I had to come on Tues morning to do my computer stuff. I don't have time in the afternoon since I have to go to my group (last session thankfully).

Then get this, most of the computers were out of order! But I got on one in time before it got busy.

I knew I was taking a chance by not sitting in the kitchen and watching the water but I can't sit there. Too depressing; I've had enough **** for two days. Enough disruption, like NO HOT WATER.😠

And last night, the hot water was cold for about an hour again. I thought, "Oh no....when it's supposed to be 100+ and humid???!! I need that shower to work with warm water. Cold water is uncomfortable, even with hot temps. But I did take one a cold and QUICK shower yesterday cause I was afraid we'd run out of hot water again.

It came back hours later, but I didn't want to take that chance. And I don't like to take my shower that late anyway.

And I don't want to shower at the gym again. There's hot water sure, but no pressure. The showers aren't clean enough. And since it's a 10 minute walk from home, I'll just end up sweating again as soon as I step outside. (I don't drive cause parking there is horrible. Not enough and people circle or just sit and wait for someone to leave, causing gridlock and horn honking)

A rant thread (anyone is welcome to add to this) #4

"Darn...What chapter was that in?"

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 07-08-2018, 04:43 PM   #415
Mountaindewed
Grand Magnate

Mountaindewed I like eggs.

2 yr Member
41 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I’m very aggravated at these two people who are constantly going back and forth about their body perspective. Do you want to lose weight or not? Are you happy or not? Then they just start shoving all this crap in my newsfeed. When In reality, they are both incredibly unhappy about how they look, and are just trying to make themselves feel better. If you are truly that unhappy, do something about it instead of complain. Make it happen. Have a better attitude. Find a solution to the problem. If you truly do want this, you’ll make it happen. I guess they just don’t want it enough, or they’d have it by now or be making process
Mountaindewed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:46 AM   #416
Patagonia
Grand Magnate

Patagonia Pessimistic cynic. Beware

5 yr Member
94 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozdickens View Post
I’m very aggravated at these two people who are constantly going back and forth about their body perspective. Do you want to lose weight or not? Are you happy or not? Then they just start shoving all this crap in my newsfeed. When In reality, they are both incredibly unhappy about how they look, and are just trying to make themselves feel better. If you are truly that unhappy, do something about it instead of complain. Make it happen. Have a better attitude. Find a solution to the problem. If you truly do want this, you’ll make it happen. I guess they just don’t want it enough, or they’d have it by now or be making process

Sometimes I wish it was easy. Can’t count the number of people who told me, “find a solution, make it happen,” when it came to my mental health problems. Losing weight does not equal happiness. Maybe there’s something below the surface?

Very black & white thinking, IMO.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 07-09-2018, 10:46 AM   #417
healingme4me
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison Leader
Community Liaison

5 yr Member
6,407 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I don't know if I'm writing here out of anger or frustration or out of the complete shock of it all. But here goes...

So she(my sister-half sister, dad's 2nd marriage and I was 'kicked out' at 15 and sent to my mom's before she was born-sister) was arrested a couple of weeks ago for assault and battery on her landlord then released with a court date.

I was out with the kids at the end of June and received a text to call my stepmom. I thought not much of the text, figured I would call when I got home. A couple hours later, I received a text from my dad. Dad and stepmom are divorced, by the way, and he remarried in December and lives accross the country. My dad's text was that sister was boarding a plane with her daughter and moving in with them. The text was like a telegram with start/end written in the message. I stopped what I was doing and called my stepmom.

That's when I found out the landlord situation plus having been one that had petitioned courts myself a few years ago to relocate with my kids(at the time living here was a nightmare) and I became rather versed at custody laws, dos and don'ts because of it. She had only purchased 1 way tickets.

My stepsister had convinced her that taking her daughter without return tickets was foolish. Plus my half sister was behaving volatile and with great heightened hostile behavior to everyone and anyone. She had sold my dad the story of homelessness and nowhere to live.

So she left without her 2yr old daughter. Got there. Was so willful about not walking to the terminal where they were to meet. Insisted he pick her up where she wanted him to pick her up. Which resulted in a $100 fine for him. Then the ride to his home she went up one side of him and down the other. Refused to say a word to his new wife. Then took off a day or so later.

Was sending texts to stepmom that were alarming. That was before bolting from my dads. I played intermediary and was telling his new wife that help was the only solution.

All the while not once did she call to check on her daughter.

Heard yesterday that my dad was asked to pick her up. She was with "friends" a half hour away. That she was on his case claiming he owes her large sums of money and it's all his fault for working out of state when she was a teen. She's 27 now.

She was telling my stepsister that she was on the coast. My dad isn't on the coast. She's now with him as of last night. All bruised and battered but claims stepmom did that. She was posting selfies in a tshirt on a fb account that I found days after she took off from my dad's. Hmm. No bruises in those photos

She says she plans to return for the court hearing. Claims she's looking for work.

Stepsister is planning to petition for custody. She wasn't able to have kids. Has a husband, nice home and comfortable life. Stepmom refuses any financial help until under therapeutic care. Dad's new wife says she needs more help than they can give. And I'm in shock. Disbelief. And just wow...
Hugs from:
Old 07-11-2018, 04:06 PM   #418
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

nonightowl wonders if anyone cares about her updates

10 yr Member
4,424 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Re: A rant thread (anyone is welcome to add to this) #4

Forgot to say in my rant below that with all that, I also got bitten by what seems to have been a mosquito.

The bite left a quarter-sized, swollen, red, ITCHY, painful welt that stuck around 3 or 4 days I think. Then, it shrank to the size of a dime, no longer itching. Now it's almost gone, thankfully. When it first flared up I had to keep using Neosporin.

I seem to be susceptible to these things. And I never feel it when they bite......

I hate hot, humid weather which is what insects seem to like (which we are having). They certainly seem to be around a lot more than when it's cold.

"Darn...What chapter was that in?"

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #419
Fharraige
"I'm scarlet inside"

Fharraige "'Cause in my head there's a Greyhound station"

8 yr Member
9,392 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Why does it cost the same amount to move into a two-bedroom apartment instead of a three-bedroom one? My daughter is bamboozled with that one. The rent is $500 less but the same move-in cost. And they were $1000 short.

BP Type 1, GAD, PTSD, BPD
Trileptal, Neurontin, Viibryd and some other stuff

My poetry and prose
My Flickr Photostream
Fharraige is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 07-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #420
healingme4me
Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison Leader
Community Liaison

5 yr Member
6,407 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm tired. Must it be analyzed?