Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 04-10-2018, 10:55 PM   #1
xTornadox
Newly Joined
xTornadox has no updates.

Default I am in love with an animated fictional character, anyone else?

I am 12 and I am in love with an animated fictional character. There are so many things wrong with this.
1. This character is younger then I am by 4 years and he doesn't age but my feelings aren't changing.
2. I began to like this character when I was 7 so this has been going on for 5 years and instead of getting over it I've only grown more and more obsessed.
3. This character is video game/cartoon character that is an anthropomorphic animal. Oh god, some ppl might be able to put the pieces together and figure out who the character is but I can't bring myself to say it because I feel embarrassed ( not guilty or ashamed) but embarrassed because I know so may ppl look down on this sort of thing and think that it's wrong.
4. It's not such an unhealthy obsession that it stops me from having friends or going out or having other hobbies but I do spend half or sometimes more then half of my time thinking about this character. I watch the episodes from the show's over and over, watch YouTube videos about the character, look at pictures on google, read fanfiction and play as many of the games as possible. I have a plush doll of him that I sleep with.

I am not sexually attracted to the character but in my opinion he is the most adorable thing to exist on this planet and yes I know that's excessive but it is my opinion and how I feel. I love his back story, his personality, the way the character has changed in the games and shows over the years, I love all versions of the character and I love his voice even though he's had different voice actors over the years and his voice changes I love them all. Absolutely no one knows I feel this way. Is it wrong for me to feel this way? What if as I get older I stay in love with him even though he's a child that isn't aging will it be really wrong of me then?

Is there anyone else who loves a fictional character? Especially animated ones and/or anthropomorphic ones? If so, please share who if your comfortable with doing that and maybe I'll share who mine is (if it's not dead obvious already).
xTornadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 04-11-2018, 03:34 AM   #2
BlueMoonBlueEarth

BlueMoonBlueEarth has no updates.

3 yr Member
Default Re: I am in love with an animated fictional character, anyone else?

Hi, I'm just out of my teenage years but I've been through something similar to this so I thought I'd reply.

Nearly four years ago when I was a teenager, I posted in the Depression section of the forums opening up about me having strong feelings for a fictional character that I had developed for two more years prior. I was bullied pretty badly in my teenage years and I became attached to a really kind, compassionate character, and over the course of a few months I fell in love with her.

Sadly, my emotions became extremely painful and a source of deep shame, and I decided my feelings weren't healthy for me and cut all ties with the programme to focus of self-healing. It's been six years since I first felt this way for this character and I still haven't fully recovered from that period in my life, but I do feel better than I did a few years ago. I was an emotional wreck a few years ago. I still think of her often, though.

I have to go somewhere right now, but maybe I'll get back to you later. Wish you well!
BlueMoonBlueEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: