Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Teens' Lounge

Old 04-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
aehe98 has no updates.
1 hugs
Default I think my best friend (kinda idk) doesn't like me

It's basically how it sounds.
We don't talk anymore. When I try she reacts negatively and she never replies in our group chat.
I'm at university now so I can't just make plans to see her, I literally have no idea what's happening. Before I left in September she called me her best friend for the first time (I always thought we were best friends, but she had always denied having one). This was really important to me.
And now I feel like I'm a terrible friend. I don't want to just say something to her because I don't want to upset her or be annoying, I don't know what I would say anyway.
aehe98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #2
Grand Magnate
Breadfish has no updates.
My Mood:

3 yr Member
1,064 hugs
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I think my best friend (kinda idk) doesn't like me

Is it possible your friend is depressed or otherwise struggling? It might not be personal. I haven't heard from my best friend since December. I try to support her by rarely asking her stuff (and never personal stuff) via what's app and otherwise just sending her a message if I come across something I think she'd like, so she knows I'm still there.
"All the 'great secrets' under the mountains had turned out to be just empty night:
there was nothing more to find out, nothing worth doing, only nasty furtive eating and resentful remembering."

-- J.R.R. Tolkien
Breadfish is offline   Reply With Quote