Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Teens' Lounge

advertisement

Old 01-18-2017, 11:21 PM   #1

Desolation01 has no updates.

My Mood:

Default Career problems/Depression

Life is tough. I think of my life as a constant struggle. I'm only 15 and my future is already looking pretty dim. Since I was a boy just around the ages of 5, I had already figured out my career in life. I wanted to make a career out of the military. Sure, it's not the best paying job, or the most fun job, but it was always appealing to me. When I was 13 everything went downhill. In late March of 2015, I had gotten into a pretty bad accident. An aerosol can had exploded in my face while I was doing a chore. I was in the hospital for a week. In April, when I was discharged, is when My mental problems began. Depression developed, and it only got worse as the months progressed. The accident left me with 20/400 in my left eye and traumatic glaucoma. Now obviously I can't join the military with an injury like that. Currently I don't know what I want to do in life, nor do I wish to do any other career. This makes me feel like high school is pointless. I'm learning all this knowledge for what exactly? To graduate and get a job I don't want? Cause that's what it seems to be. So basically, I will be labeled "disabled" by society the rest of my life, working a career I don't want, taking eye drops and having surgeries the rest of my life, and many other problems not about my eye. Such as lacking a father figure. Anyways, I just needed to vent and get all this stress off my chest.
Desolation01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 01-19-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
Apparition

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
10.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Career problems/Depression

Hello Desolation01: I'm sorry you are feeling so defeated. Thank you for sharing your struggle. Hopefully being here on PC can be of some comfort & support. I send my best wishes to you with the hope that you might be able to find deep peace within...
Skeezyks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #3
Account Suspended
sunkissed915 has no updates.

1 hugs
given
Default Re: Career problems/Depression

That must be so hard! Maybe as time goes, you will find other things that interest you or an alternative plan that will work out! Hang in there!
sunkissed915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:01 AM   #4
Grand Magnate

Breadfish has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
1,064 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Career problems/Depression

I'm sorry this happened to you. I dreamed of going to sea (not necessarily in the military, any ship at sea would do) but my leg was amputated and now I can only go on river ships (not sure of the correct term in English).

Only thing I can tell you.. your interest in the military might wane a little as you get used to the idea of not going and mainly, you find another interest. I don't very often think about going to sea anymore. I've now "set my sails" on becoming a pharmacist.

-- J.R.R. Tolkien
Breadfish is offline   Reply With Quote