Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Teens' Lounge

advertisement
Unread 01-02-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
Newly Joined
kinemorto has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default I can't do this anymore

I doubt I'll get any response from this. But I dont have anywhere/anyone to talk to & I need to vent.
I was diagnosed with school refusal/phobia not too long ago, although I really have not gotten any treatment for it. I've seen a therapist a couple of times but really it hasn't helped much. it hasn't helped at all actually. I have an appointment soon for a psychiatrist to maybe get some medication. I hope I get something because I'm willing to try anything and I'm sick of living this way, but I worry that I won't get prescribed anything, and I worry even if I do that it won't help much. And if I do it won't fix anything in my life except maybe calm me down. I'll still be worthless and a failure. I'll still be failing all my classes. I'll still be living with parents that don't understand
School causes so much anxiety for me. I don't think anyone wants to go to school, but I really don't. Just walking into school upsets me. I can't stand a lot of the people at my school, they're so many annoying kids. I hate working with others in group projects. I literally have like ~3 friends at school and of course I barely have any classes with them. I hate talking in front of class, presentations, etc. I hate math class. No matter what I do I can't understand any of it. I hate sitting alone everyday at lunch. I hate feeling like I'm trapped inside school. I hate the sense of worthlessness & hopelessness I feel there. I hate seeing others my age have fun, hang out with friends, talk to their friends at school. I'm failing all my classes basically. And the semester ends in a few weeks. My gpa is already terrible. there's no way any college will accept me with my grades and attendance (I've missed so much school), not even the local community college. I always wanted to go to university but I'm not even good at anything. There's nothing that interests me as a career. When I was younger for some reason I thought I'd be so successful in life lmao. I'm going to achieve nothing in my life. I'm going to be working a minimum wage job for the rest of my life, living in poverty, doing nothing of value. Why not just end it now? There's no hope for me. Nothing can fix this. Why is it so hard to ask..I just want to be an average student who can go to school on a daily basis, have a few actual friends, be happy..be normal. To make things worse my parents don't even try to understand or support me. Nobody in my family understands. I feel so alone. All my parents do is yell at me for what i can't help. I want to leave this house so bad, but I can't for at least another 10 months and I doubt I can afford to move then. I hate myself so much. I don't see any value in my life
kinemorto is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 01-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
Reclusive Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
7,785 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: I can't do this anymore

Hello kinemorto: I'm not supposed to be here in the Teen Lounge since I'm ancient! But I noticed this is your first post here on PC. And it sounds like you're having a really rough time. So I wanted to at least welcome you to PsychCentral. May the time you spend here be of benefit. By the way, may I suggest you introduce yourself in our new members introductions forum?

https://forums.psychcentral.com/new-...introductions/

Skeezyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2017, 04:57 AM   #3
Grand Poohbah
Community Liaison

waggiedog has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
2,615 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I can't do this anymore

Hello Kinemorto. Yes hunny, The Syeezyks has given you some good signposts there. Try and go along to new member introduction, as it's a very good place to start.

Because we know you are new, we may be able give some pointers. It's def worth a try. I absolutes HATED school, but mostly I went, so as you say, lots of folk hate school but you appear to have a VERY HARD time. It's almost as though it's a phobia and you do need some help. Xxxx.
Unread 06-09-2017, 11:59 PM   #4
Psych Mental has no updates.

Cool Re: I can't do this anymore

Hope and positivity are great things. Positive people are healthier and statistically live longer and are less prone to disease. You have your whole life ahead of you. Don't do something you might regret later. You have to work for things in life. Life isn't going to hand you everything on a silver platter. I promise you , go talk to new people on your classes , make new friends , and take up a hobby you're passionate about and I promise you will thank me. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinemorto View Post
I doubt I'll get any response from this. But I dont have anywhere/anyone to talk to & I need to vent.
I was diagnosed with school refusal/phobia not too long ago, although I really have not gotten any treatment for it. I've seen a therapist a couple of times but really it hasn't helped much. it hasn't helped at all actually. I have an appointment soon for a psychiatrist to maybe get some medication. I hope I get something because I'm willing to try anything and I'm sick of living this way, but I worry that I won't get prescribed anything, and I worry even if I do that it won't help much. And if I do it won't fix anything in my life except maybe calm me down. I'll still be worthless and a failure. I'll still be failing all my classes. I'll still be living with parents that don't understand
School causes so much anxiety for me. I don't think anyone wants to go to school, but I really don't. Just walking into school upsets me. I can't stand a lot of the people at my school, they're so many annoying kids. I hate working with others in group projects. I literally have like ~3 friends at school and of course I barely have any classes with them. I hate talking in front of class, presentations, etc. I hate math class. No matter what I do I can't understand any of it. I hate sitting alone everyday at lunch. I hate feeling like I'm trapped inside school. I hate the sense of worthlessness & hopelessness I feel there. I hate seeing others my age have fun, hang out with friends, talk to their friends at school. I'm failing all my classes basically. And the semester ends in a few weeks. My gpa is already terrible. there's no way any college will accept me with my grades and attendance (I've missed so much school), not even the local community college. I always wanted to go to university but I'm not even good at anything. There's nothing that interests me as a career. When I was younger for some reason I thought I'd be so successful in life lmao. I'm going to achieve nothing in my life. I'm going to be working a minimum wage job for the rest of my life, living in poverty, doing nothing of value. Why not just end it now? There's no hope for me. Nothing can fix this. Why is it so hard to ask..I just want to be an average student who can go to school on a daily basis, have a few actual friends, be happy..be normal. To make things worse my parents don't even try to understand or support me. Nobody in my family understands. I feel so alone. All my parents do is yell at me for what i can't help. I want to leave this house so bad, but I can't for at least another 10 months and I doubt I can afford to move then. I hate myself so much. I don't see any value in my life

Last edited by CANDC; 06-13-2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Remove All Caps
Psych Mental is offline   Reply With Quote