Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Teens' Lounge

advertisement
Unread 12-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #1
Newly Joined
Completed it. has no updates.

Disk I have literally no idea what is going on in my head...

Ok, so... where to begin? In my mind I picture situations, possible future ones and also things that have happened in the past, constantly repeating them running then through over and over in my head and thinking of the worst possible outcome over and over until all I can think about is the bad thing... I think about everything from social situations to school work to relationships and it messes almost everything up... a recent example of this is a couple of months ago me and a girl were talking, we became really good friends and both started to get "feelings or whatever". I came up with the idea to talk about said feelings and we found out that we both thought the same thing bla bla whatever. We decided we should wait and let things happen naturally and that's pretty much it. Except after that things weren't the same I kept on thinking what would happen if I messed up ir if I had messed up and through playing this situation over and over in my head I had decided that I had ****ed up even though I knew that was an irrational thought which ened messing everything up. That made me think even more about it and how annoyed I was that I messed it uo because of nothing... this is just one example and I hope it makes sense because I can't really make sense of it... another thing is my thoughts always contradict themselves, at one point I'll think I shoukd tell people about what's going on in my head and the next ill be like nah it's better if no-one knows. I constantly change the way I'm feeling for literally no reason one second I'll be happy thinking everything is completely fine and the next ill break down like a lil piece of ****. I know I haven't done a very good job of explaining what is going on which is oartly due to the fact I don't really know it just feels like my mind exploded and I'm thinking about everything and nothing at once... butt tbh it's also due to the fact my structuring has gone to ****...
Completed it. is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 12-10-2016, 01:43 PM   #2
Reclusive Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

7,773 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: I have literally no idea what is going on in my head...

Hello Completed it: Welcome to PsychCentral. I hope you find the time you spend here to be of benefit.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2017, 08:14 AM   #3
J-jet has no updates.

Default Re: I have literally no idea what is going on in my head...

Hy. Its really late to reply but I read it just yet. I have sort of the same problem. THOUGHTS. I don't know if it'll help you or not. But it often works well with me. Keep repeating in your mind things like "don't linger on it, let it go, don't think. Push it back, push it back." Force yourself not to think. Well you will think eventually because it really can't exactly be escaped. But saying things like that helps sometimes. It may work for you too. Its likely that you do it already. And deep breaths. Tell yourself to calm down, talk to yourself like another person if that helps; who tells you not to think, push it away. Don't linger etc.
J-jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
Poohbah

Shazerac is attempting to contact the mother ship.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
379 hugs
given
Default Re: I have literally no idea what is going on in my head...

welcome to psych central

Eat a live frog for breakfast every morning and nothing worse can happen to you that day!

Please don't sew a label on me...I hate stitches

Bipolar type 2 rapid cycling DX 2013
Seroquel 100 > 75mg as of 9/1/17
Celexa 40mg > 30 mg as of 9/1/17 > 20mg 9/19/17
Xanax .5 mg prn
Modafanil 200mg > 100mg as of 9/1/17

Shazerac is offline   Reply With Quote