Stress At School - Forums at Psych Central

Old 11-11-2014, 12:09 AM #1

SilentNinjaReader has no updates.

3 yr Member
Default Stress At School

School is really stressing me out. I'm currently taking 4 AP's, about to start a college course in two months, and I'm also going to self-study for two other AP's. I've been diagnosed with depression, insomnia, and possibly even inattentive ADHD since I'm on Adderall to help with my awful concentration. I have other issues going on as well, but I just don't know how to cope with this work load. It's just too much. I don't know what to do!

What I'm pretty much asking is, how do you cope with the stress from school and other external factors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SilentNinjaReader is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:09 PM #2
Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison
kaliope has no updates.

5 yr Member
10.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Stress At School

cut back the course load to a manageable level. there is no reason to stress yourself out.

kaliope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-11-2014, 08:01 PM #3
Poohbah

Poohbah
Idiot17 has no updates.

5 yr Member
2,124 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Try to see if you can cut some things out of your daily schedule. Stress most times doesn't get you anywhere good. See where you can slack off.
Do you have time in your day to have an hour for yourself, to just relax and do what you do whether it's music, writing, reading.... having time for yourself is also important.

The way I coped....I drowned myself in my studies and extracurricular. I didn't let myself think. I didn't let myself care about anything except my studies. I too suffer from insomnia and some nights i just had cat naps. Most people myself included don't know how I did it but I did crash. For one week. I couldn't get myself to care about it but then (I don't know how) I snapped myself back to my robotic schedule. Now I don't think the way I coped is healthy.
Idiot17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-02-2014, 12:15 AM #4

alicetailor has no updates.

3 yr Member

You should not feel stressed out. Attending schools is an important part of life . Try to keep yourself involved in other activities that you enjoy after the school.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:10 PM #5

ajohnson45 has no updates.

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNinjaReader View Post
School is really stressing me out. I'm currently taking 4 AP's, about to start a college course in two months, and I'm also going to self-study for two other AP's. I've been diagnosed with depression, insomnia, and possibly even inattentive ADHD since I'm on Adderall to help with my awful concentration. I have other issues going on as well, but I just don't know how to cope with this work load. It's just too much. I don't know what to do!

What I'm pretty much asking is, how do you cope with the stress from school and other external factors?

You must be crazy. I can't take AP. I get depressed after school and get no homework done most of the time so I would just fall behind if I did take an AP course.
ajohnson45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-07-2014, 10:58 PM #6

Alia8560 has no updates.

3 yr Member

I was in the same boat that you are now when I was in highschool. While it is definitely worth while to take AP courses and start the college track as soon as you can to shine up your college resume, your health comes before all else. What good is all of that stuff if you are breaking apart? I ended up committed to the hospital and missed my senior prom and graduation. That was this year. I had to finish school in the hospital because I had taken 6 AP courses each year through out high school and stressed myself to the point of a breakdown and several health issues. Take it easy. Take a manageable level of classes and make sure to set aside some you time. In that time do whatever makes you relaxed and happy. (By the way I just graduated highschool this year at 18 so Im not old yet). Good luck!

-Alia
Alia8560 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-13-2014, 09:38 AM #7

SilentNinjaReader has no updates.

3 yr Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. Because of everything I have decided to not take the other courses I was planning to self study for and the college course I was going to enroll in. I've given myself a strict limit of time to complete homework and time to relax. Hopefully this routine-like structure is what I need to start getting on the right path. I might even talk to my teachers about it in an SST meeting to help out with deadlines for homework and stuff. Thank you guys so much, I tend to need to have other people authenticate the fact that my reality is wrong before I accept it!

SilentNinjaReader is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote