Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Survivors of Abuse

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #1
Newly Joined
Faithgracehope has no updates.
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: Watertown
Posts: 1
Confused What is going on?

Trying to piece together all that's happened and it's too much. I feel like it's not real like this is all some crazy dream I'm gonna wake up from. Only I am awake. The abuse never stops. I've left my abusive husband but we have a child together so he keeps on getting to abuse me and now her. She comes home with all kinds of bad things he's said about me, and I'm helpless to stop it. He will abuse her and it will hurt her as she grows up and I can't stop it. Only I can somehow counteract it with good words. I also have parents who put me down all the time. Never highlight my strengths. Just constantly put me down. Like I'm a failure as a human being. It's been this way since I was a little girl. Now I'm slowly figuring all this out and it's too much I cant understand why someone especially parents can do this. And it's only to me so they are aware of it. It's like they hate me and want to make me pay someway. Did they not want to have me? I just can't wrap my head around this. I was isolated from family cause they would speak bad about me. I had no friends cause my ex wouldn't allow it . Please I need some support
Faithgracehope is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

Old 09-14-2017, 02:09 AM   #2
reb569's Avatar
reb569 ??!!??
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,229 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

297 hugs
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What is going on?

It sounds like a very bad situation. I'm sorry that you feel helpless in this situation. Are you seeing a therapist? I would highly recommend it if you are not. I would also get your daughter in to therapy too.

A therapist can help you work through this and help you take measures to put a stop to the abuse.

If you can't afford a therapist, try a local mental health association, or an organization like Catholic Charities, the provide low or no-fee assistance.

"Do you know whatís really scary? You want to forget something. Totally wipe it off your mind. But you never can. It canít go away, you see. AndÖ and it follows you around like a ghost."
~ A Tale of Two Sisters (Janghwa, Hongryeon) (2003)

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. Iíve always felt that I wasnít a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #3
Grand Magnate
Shazerac's Avatar
Shazerac is attempting to contact the mother ship.
Member Since: May 2015
Location: earth
Posts: 3,029 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

3 yr Member
1,895 hugs
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: What is going on?

welcome to Psych Central.

Please look into to ways to get help. A therapist, or like Reb said, a charitable organization, There are also support groups for survivors of abuse that are free. They can be very helpful.

you deserve to get the help you need. Maybe you could "figure it out" youself. But why do things the hard way?

Eat a live frog for breakfast every morning and nothing worse can happen to you that day!

"Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be left waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.Ē Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Bipolar type 2 rapid cycling DX 2013 -
Seroquel 100
Celexa 20 mg
Xanax .5 mg prn
Modafanil 100 mg

Shazerac is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.


HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp

Helplines and Lifelines