Unread 09-01-2017, 08:10 PM   #11
Legendary Wise Elder

Travelinglady is going to her BFF's funeral today. :(

My Mood:

5 yr Member
14k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: My girlfriend is always sick!

Asking questions is fine.

advertisement
Unread 09-02-2017, 07:39 AM   #12
Mad scientist ;)

Sometimes psychotic Hugs to all!

My Mood:

3 yr Member
11.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Two things.....1 hallucinations can cause pain....it thought I was having a heart attack while I was having hallucinations.....it felt like an electrical shock but could feel like anything. Second reactive arthritis moves...it' s an immune reaction and moves joints randomly I had this years ago and it's very painful but gets better with movement....

Sometimes psychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-02-2017, 09:51 PM   #13
Jimi the rat

-jimi- is a vermin. Please feed me anyway.

My Mood:

8 yr Member PC PoohBah!

I doubt they do knee surgery simply because someone is complaining. They need objective findings for that.

Also, if she is on a statin drug, I suggest you look up on that. Diet is a way more proper way of dealing with that stuff than taking meds, unless she has familial hypercholesterolaemia, in that case statins have a place. Just for normal high cholesterol. in women particularly, statins cause memory issues and often severe aching, actually with no positive benefits. In women, being on statins does not statistically prevent heart disease. Statins can also cause depression because it strips the brain from fat, which it needs to function.
Unread 09-04-2017, 11:38 AM   #14
Poohbah

Shazerac is attempting to contact the mother ship.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
379 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jimi- View Post
I doubt they do knee surgery simply because someone is complaining. They need objective findings for that.

Also, if she is on a statin drug, I suggest you look up on that. Diet is a way more proper way of dealing with that stuff than taking meds, unless she has familial hypercholesterolaemia, in that case statins have a place. Just for normal high cholesterol. in women particularly, statins cause memory issues and often severe aching, actually with no positive benefits. In women, being on statins does not statistically prevent heart disease. Statins can also cause depression because it strips the brain from fat, which it needs to function.
Statins were a nightmare for me. It felt like a had a full body migraine 24/7. My quality of life went down the toilet. I refuse to take them!

Eat a live frog for breakfast every morning and nothing worse can happen to you that day!

Please don't sew a label on me...I hate stitches

Bipolar type 2 rapid cycling DX 2013
Seroquel 100 > 75mg as of 9/1/17
Celexa 40mg > 30 mg as of 9/1/17 > 20mg 9/19/17
Xanax .5 mg prn
Modafanil 200mg > 100mg as of 9/1/17

Shazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #15
BrokeTech has no updates.

My Mood:

23 hugs
given

Quote:
I agree.

As someone who legit has something wrong physically pretty much daily, I am wondering: 1) what is her weight like, 2) what is her diet like, 3) what kinds of jobs has she had, 4) what is her family health history like?

I ask #1 and #3 because they both can cause issues with legs/knees. I spent several years playing basketball on hard concrete, many times in the wrong shoes for that kind of thing, and I started having mild knee problems (started in one knee). Then I started working full time, and I have had several jobs where a lot of standing/walking was required. At my current job, there are times when there's a lot of standing/walking. Consequently, my knees are just screwed, especially for someone my age (I am just 36). Sometimes I walk like an old person, and I have been known to take joint supplements that are for older people.

I also have a lot of other issues with pain--migraines, neck/shoulder/ear pain, menstrual cramps, gastrointestinal problems, and I also have chronic sinus/allergy issues. I have other family members who suffer from migraines and chronic sinus/allergy issues. But I also know I have anxiety issues, and stress/anxiety easily and quickly manifest in my body--mainly my head, neck, shoulder and ears (and a doctor helped me discover this after I went to several about earaches--he discovered muscle tightness on my body's problem side, which causes all that pain, and prescribed no-refill muscle relaxers. I'd love to get more of those). Even with that being the case...I know that my diet is garbage, and I am pretty sure that if I ate better the majority of these issues would decrease significantly. I've even read that before; I just don't have that kind of discipline.
BrokeTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2017, 04:13 PM   #16
rufiki has no updates.

My Mood:

You all have good suggestions/questions. She does have arthritis in her knees, I don't question that. What I found strange was that the day after they did the surgery on the worst knee, the better knee started hurting worse. There has been no improvement at all since the surgeries last winter.

She is quite heavy, not a small girl at all. I know that's not helping her knees. But she also has back trouble that never got better after her back surgery. And migraines, cramps, queasiness, and exhaustion. I just don't know. I don't think she's faking, and I don't think she wants to be sick. But she feels decent maybe once a week if we're lucky, most often less than that. Recently, she had stomach trouble for months that no doctor could find a physical cause for. They suggested it might be mental.
rufiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 06:10 AM   #17
Jimi the rat

-jimi- is a vermin. Please feed me anyway.

My Mood:

8 yr Member PC PoohBah!

Being overweight is hard because you're actually carrying a lot around. Now I'm not saying she should "just" lose weight, because it is not all that easy. But being heavy does make you tired. Imagine carrying another person on your back all day. You'd be exhausted. Then add statins to cause more symptoms... Like you need it!

I think the issue maybe is more that she is open about it? I know I would come across as the whiniest person if I actually told all my issues. I have chosen to shut the F up most days because when I grew up we didn't talk about pain and discomfort, it was a sign of weakness. Now I don't say this is the way to go, but it is how I was raised.

Like today I am itching from some foot fungus that flared a little from stress (yuk I know), my back feels stiff and hurts a bit, my right shoulder is giving me trouble again, I must go take the Prilosec soon or the heartburn will start, I don't feel much like eating, no appetite, but I will have to eat something... and this is a VERY good day pain and energy wise for me.

Back surgery has a very poor success rate, sad to inform you about that.

Maybe you need to help her getting into a habit of good eating and exercise by joining her in that. Now I cannot know if you guys' diet is crap and that you never go out to move around for fun, but it seems the curse of the western world to deprive our bodies of healthy nutrients and do everything we can to kill our energy.
Unread 09-15-2017, 02:38 AM   #18
Legendary

possum220 has no updates.

My Mood:

8 yr Member
2,784 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufiki View Post
You all have good suggestions/questions. She does have arthritis in her knees, I don't question that. What I found strange was that the day after they did the surgery on the worst knee, the better knee started hurting worse. There has been no improvement at all since the surgeries last winter.

She is quite heavy, not a small girl at all. I know that's not helping her knees. But she also has back trouble that never got better after her back surgery. And migraines, cramps, queasiness, and exhaustion. I just don't know. I don't think she's faking, and I don't think she wants to be sick. But she feels decent maybe once a week if we're lucky, most often less than that. Recently, she had stomach trouble for months that no doctor could find a physical cause for. They suggested it might be mental.
It's not as strange as it sounds. Once the bad knee was corrected the other knee was simply forced to keep up with the new. Maybe the good knee wasn't as good as people thought.

Medications that may have helped in the past may not be at the best level for her age. Older people and their bodies will tolerate less of some meds and the meds can be very hard on our digestive systems. Has she had her hormone levels tested recently? Maybe she isn't getting enough quality sleep? Exhaustion and anxiety alone can affect mental health dramtically.

Hope you gf can get a doc who knows about women's health and pysch health too. Hang in there.

possum220 is offline   Reply With Quote