Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Somatic Disorders

advertisement
Unread 04-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #1

posterestante has no updates.

My Mood:

31 hugs
given
Default Chronic fatigue

How do you cope with your fatigue? I don't want to get pills but I need some relief. My life sucks because of that.
posterestante is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 04-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #2
Wise Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

7,531 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Chronic fatigue

I'm an older person. And I presume many older people have difficulty sleeping. I do. I can only sleep on my side... preferably my right side. But if I lay on either side too long my shoulder gets sore. Oh... & I have to get up every couple of hours to go pee. Anyway, all-in-all I don't get a lot of quality sleep. Fortunately, I'm not employed. So I don't have to be rested so that I can "perform".

I avoid taking naps, even though I could because, if I nap during the day, I won't be able to sleep at night. Sometimes after I get up to use the bathroom, I can't go back to sleep. When that happens, I get up & do walking meditation. I walk slowly around-&-around our dark, quiet home typically for an hour... sometimes more... focusing light attention on each foot as it contacts the floor. I hear the sounds of the city. Thoughts come-&-go. I simply allow them to arise & fade at their own pace without becoming "hooked". During the day, I just keep busy doing whatever it is I need / want to do. Keeping busy keeps my mind off the fact that I'm tired. I'm not on any medications of any kind.
Skeezyks is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 04-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #3

posterestante has no updates.

My Mood:

31 hugs
given
Default Re: Chronic fatigue

I, on the other hand, can sleep but would like to sleep hours and hours and it's so difficult to get up at 6:30 am. And once I come back home I manage to practice piano for an hour and then I'm so tired I feel like having dementia. But I don't want just to go to work and then come back home and do nothing. It was like that in the past and it was even worse. I like my piano. I try to take supplements, to stretch while still at work (I can't exercise in the evening as it wakes me up in the night with very unpleasant and weird attacks like there was something wrong with my cardiovascular system) and I'm pretty sure right now it's psychical tension that causes my headaches and fatigue but still I'm helpless.
posterestante is offline   Reply With Quote