Ascended

elevatedsoul has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
1,713 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: somatization disorder

hey, sorry about writing those bad things..
i've been trying to stay away because i accidentally do things like that..
i dont like talking at all so i always feel so ashamed and ridiculous when i come back and read that i posted... things
i just dont want anyone to know how bad things are, but some how i end up saying things anyway
wish i wouldnt do that.. ill be fine though...
im just really tired i guess... mind gone rogue

thank you for taking the time to write such a caring response
elevatedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 07-21-2016, 02:03 PM   #22

PatternsInTheIvy is incredibly salty. >_>

My Mood:

36 hugs
given
Heart Re: somatization disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatedsoul View Post
hey, sorry about writing those bad things..
i've been trying to stay away because i accidentally do things like that..
i dont like talking at all so i always feel so ashamed and ridiculous when i come back and read that i posted... things
i just dont want anyone to know how bad things are, but some how i end up saying things anyway
wish i wouldnt do that.. ill be fine though...
im just really tired i guess... mind gone rogue

thank you for taking the time to write such a caring response
Nah, man. Don't feel bad. It's not an accident either. You need to get that out somewhere. It's a psych forum, dude. Kind of the point, you know? And if you're having issues with proper psychotherapy at the frequency you need it, you've gotta have an outlet somewhere.

Don't feel ashamed or ridiculous. I do the same s--t though. Feel like a dumbass when I end up talking about things, don't want to let people on, but then you don't say anything, and then you don't have any control because it just falls out of your mouth.

"Mind gone rogue." I like that.

I also had a friend describe it like this once: "It's frustrating when all you want is help because life feels like everything falling apart around you in some kind of f--ked up mess that primal gods of chaos themselves couldn't even imagine..."

Like I said, shoot me a DM sometime, dude. I don't want you doing the same thing I do. Not good for your psyche. At all. I know you're working on it, but do what you can outside of those two sessions a month you do get. Especially when you've got a community here that understands this BS.
PatternsInTheIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2016, 11:16 PM   #23
Poohbah

ickydog2006 has no updates.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
83 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

In answer to one of your questions (I'm not well-versed on all the new diagnosis stuff since I was diagnosed with conversion disorder 8 yrs ago and therapy has helped with most of my issues pertaining to this disorder), no, it's not just the classic form of depression causing pain and although many people suffering from Depression experience pain, it is usually described as fatigue or all over generalized muscle pain. So yes, given your pain symptoms a somatization disorder makes a lot of sense. Keep in mind one diagnosis often does not account for all symptoms, so although the pain would be attributed to somatization, dissociation or other mental health concerns may be attributed to depression or bipolar or anxiety disorders etc. Hope that helps some/makes sense.
Hugs from:
Unread 05-10-2017, 05:47 PM   #24
Veteran Member
eyesclosed has no updates.

My Mood:

78 hugs
given

elevatedsoul i got a dilusion diagnoisis after one visit with a pcp i had a doctorput tubes in myears but not my ear drums and I feel like a scape goat i dont ever wanna see a doc again i wont let anybody ever look in myears all the doc psych therapist say i'm delusional about a ear canal I should have but don't at first it was psycho somatic now i'm delusional yep seen this before the psych said no one told how why or what this is I dont believe it its just the doctor is more important than me make me look and feel confused like i am they could be doing anything they want with me now even if my nose is broke they can say its not
eyesclosed is offline   Reply With Quote