Welcome to Smoking Cessation Support - Page 3 - Forums at Psych Central

Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 PM #21

delvaughn1975 has no updates.

8 yr Member
21 hugs
given
Ooo Re: Welcome to Smoking Cessation Support

My husband and I are starting what I sincerely hope is our last quit tomorrow....

~ John 10:10 (AMP)
delvaughn1975 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:04 PM #22

Endeavy has no updates.

5 yr Member
227 hugs
given
Default Re: Welcome to Smoking Cessation Support

Hello everybody congrats to the people who have quit and I know just how hard it is especially when you have an addictive personality .My mum was diagnoised with lung cancer 3 months ago so we both decided (doctors orders really) to gradually cut down and for the 1st 4 weeks it went ok ,used patches and the inhalers and had the 1 cigarette a day (bad idea) well the stress of the diagnoses for mum and my BPD has made us both go backwards ,now we smoke 8-10 a day which for mum is not good but I think im not ready dont feel I have the will power anymore :-(
Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 AM #23

minefield has no updates.

5 yr Member
21 hugs
given
Trig Re: Welcome to Smoking Cessation Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
Want to quit smoking?

Here's your place to hang out, offer and receive support, and just generally find ways to help you quit today

DocJohn
Hello,

I am in the process of quitting cannabis and cigarettes so I can have a gum procedure to repair a receded gum. I have good teeth and this is the first work ever needed, the alt would be obvious and stand out I would loose my smile and I really don't want that, it will really make me feel ugly and horrible if I have to have that.

I am however having a really bad reaction to quitting, I have been having vivid scary dreams, I have been having scary thoughts, I have started grinding my teeth so bad I have damaged them, I'm awaiting a gum guard, my head aches and jaw hurts lots. I'm sweating and irritable, anxious and in so much discomfort. Unable to concentrate, sit still and my mind is racing. I have been trying to reach out for help but I am getting no where.

I called my pdoc to be seen sooner but no joy they have put me down for cancellations but that never comes through.

I called my GP and she said to stop the Nicorette patches and see if that makes a difference and to call her back if not. So that's not going to make quitting any easier.

I called NHS quit help line and they told me to start smoking again, that I should only quit one at a time.

So basically I'm stuck on my own with no other option, no help and no support. I'm beginning to loose my grip. Is quitting worth all this? I really don't want to go back this has been the most resolute I have been about quitting, I have enjoyed having the extra pennies, and liked not going through the panic of running out.

I only got 2hrs sleep last night coz I'm so scared of my dreams, I'm starting to feel like I'm loosing my mind :0(. I'm really sad and blue today.

I'm worried what harm I am going to do to myself if this continues, as i have a habit of taking ODs when I'm freaking out.

Any advice?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:42 PM #24
Tormented&Tortured

Tormented&Tortured
Tormented&Tortured has no updates. Edit

Good luck. You can do it
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:46 PM #25

bluegirl2004 has no updates.

5 yr Member

day 6 of quitting... don't feel awful physically, but psychologically it's a bear... a fierce battle is happening. Don't want to relapse at this point.
bluegirl2004 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 05-30-2013, 10:58 PM #26

Abby3622 has no updates.

5 yr Member
27 hugs
given

Would the patch be best if you are on a ton of meds? I am on celexa, trazodone, Norvasc and xanax when needed...

I want so bad to quit...both my docs know this but because of the amount of stress I am under at the moment, they want me to get a little bit more stable...

Gum is out of the question...tried it and it was nasty and hurt my gums too much...
Abby3622 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:59 PM #27

Abby3622 has no updates.

5 yr Member
27 hugs
given

YOU can DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am gonna annoy my son once I start...it will be pay back for when the turd was little and annoyed me haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegirl2004 View Post
day 6 of quitting... don't feel awful physically, but psychologically it's a bear... a fierce battle is happening. Don't want to relapse at this point.
Abby3622 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:51 PM #28

PROPHETOFDOOM13 has no updates.

8 yr Member

You have to sincerely in your heart want to quit more than you want to smoke ( no matter what no matter what ) :d
PROPHETOFDOOM13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:47 AM #29

RebeccaB7373 has no updates.

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine2 View Post
Thanks DocJohn!

Nicotine is a powerful drug and I've found it very hard to stop relying on it for relaxation and for stimulation...
I had less trouble getting clean and sober than breaking this habit. After quitting for five years, I picked it up again
This is my third day of not smoking, i am wearing a 7mg patch and use to smoke a pack a day. It is hard to fill my time with other things instead of smoking. I too am clean and sober and I have to agree the habit is hard to quit.
RebeccaB7373 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:54 AM #30

RebeccaB7373 has no updates.

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower55 View Post
Thanks so much, DocJohn!!!!
I'm really looking forward to meeting others here on this forum, who are going through the same troubles I'm going through with quitting this nicodemon!

I quit for two years then relapsed for a year. Recently, I quit again for three months, and relapsed a few weeks ago. I am now on Chantix. I will NOT quit quitting until I beat this evil stick!

So, lets all get together, sharing our experience, strength and hope; supporting each other. Tell our stories to each other. Help each other through the bad times and cheer each other through the good times.

We CAN do this!

I'll be posting some information for us all shortly. Remember, our quit is one day at a time.

Peace!
Well, I just have to say kudos for you fo quitting for two years! It's ok that you picked it back up, it's very hard to do, I think it's awesome that you have so much determination and ambition toquit smoking! I have been cigs free for 3 days, I am on the 7 mg patch and the only reason I have this long is because I had a tooth pulled an dont want to get dry socket. I just keep telling myself today's day 3 and tomorrow will be day 4! That's what I had to do when I was qutting drugs. I sat up in a dope house for 30 days telling myself todays another day, then finally got myself out.
RebeccaB7373 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote