Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Sleep Issues & Dream Interpretation

advertisement
Unread 09-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #1
YaGirlShi has no updates.

Confused Dream Interpretation?

I always have different dreams and some I remember very vividly because they have a couple of things that are reoccurring in my dreams.

First, I have someone I'm close with chasing after me and wanting to hurt or kill me.

Second, I can fly but only by jumping and when no one is looking at me. And when I am in a situation where I have to fly higher because someone is trying to get me, it suddenly becomes very hard and they almost catch me.

Third, I have a smoking habit in dreams but have never tried smoking in my real life, even though I did consider it to be cool as a kid because my family does so, I have no interest now.

And finally, I'm either in an empty neighborhood or when it's the case of someone chasing me, I'm in a very public setting (Most of the time outlet malls or big areas with big brand name stores all around but they are always closed or abandoned).

I just want to know why I keep having dream like these and why these are the only ones I remember when I wake up.
YaGirlShi is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 09-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #2
Grand Magnate

Thunder Bow is a Medicine Man

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Dream Interpretation?

You are trying to get above it all in real life. Smoking means you are trying to cope with the situation. The one who is chasing you, is probably bullying you in real life. The empty stores means the bullying is empty.

www.lightningthunderbow.com
Thunder Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2017, 12:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

ciderguy Effing okay.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
3 hugs
given
Default Re: Dream Interpretation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaGirlShi View Post
I always have different dreams and some I remember very vividly because they have a couple of things that are reoccurring in my dreams.

First, I have someone I'm close with chasing after me and wanting to hurt or kill me.

Second, I can fly but only by jumping and when no one is looking at me. And when I am in a situation where I have to fly higher because someone is trying to get me, it suddenly becomes very hard and they almost catch me.

Third, I have a smoking habit in dreams but have never tried smoking in my real life, even though I did consider it to be cool as a kid because my family does so, I have no interest now.

And finally, I'm either in an empty neighborhood or when it's the case of someone chasing me, I'm in a very public setting (Most of the time outlet malls or big areas with big brand name stores all around but they are always closed or abandoned).

I just want to know why I keep having dream like these and why these are the only ones I remember when I wake up.
First: your mother wants to kill you because of your relationship with your father. Reverse-Oedipus-Complex. Oh, and, as a woman, you feel castrated and suffer from penis-envy.

Second: Icarus-shared-universal-memory. Your ‘wings’ are fashioned with wax; you fear that if you fly too high, the sun will melt your wings and you will fall into your enemy’s arms. You fear failing your father, Daedalus.

Third: Smoking. Your personal search for the Golden Fleece. You have a strong desire to try many, if not all, illicit drugs. You want to begin with cannabis (to be ‘cool’) but you also want to plunge that spike into your vein that let’s you know that you’re a man… heroin. Only when you’re drugged will you find you prize, the Fleece.

Finally: you’re naked in these empty public places whilst being pursued… by your father, also naked. Very typical dream for a girl, castrated and full of penis-envy and craving the love and protection of your father, or a father figure.

To close: I’ve read English translations of Freud’s ‘The Interpretations of Dreams,’ many times over. It isn’t if you’re climbing the Washington Monument or riding a train into a long, dark tunnel. I submit that the best person to interpret your dreams is you. I dreamt for years that my wife was an unfit mother because… she did all those terrible things that I loved in her.

Freaky-deaky.
I know what happens. I read the book.
ciderguy is offline   Reply With Quote