Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Sleep Issues & Dream Interpretation

advertisement
Unread 09-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #1

Anastasia~ I've been better. . .

My Mood:

376 hugs
given
Default Dreams Remembered

Maybe ten or so more years ago, I had the following two dreams:

1)
I am driving on a beach road with my Stepfather. I look in front of us and over a large bridge I see a tornado. We do a U-turn and end up running into the front lobby of a hotel.

2)
I am running toward my childhood home, and behind me is a huge tornado coming my way. SO I run to my house and there is a huge fence around it, so I ended up clinging to the fence. My childhood home was red brick, but in my dream it has been painted over white ( In Real Life: people living in the home painted the brick white).

3) This dream happened when I first started seeing my current T, after being terminated by previous T:
I see myself in the distance, and I am a werewolf howling to the full moon. Immediately, I am inside my childhood home, myself, I am in the kitchen looking at the island and on it are onions, like the kind you pick from your front yard as a child. The onions with the green stems were laying side by side in a row and I just looked at them. The roof was lower, and it was raining outside.

I had a difficult therapy session where I was triggered because I felt like T was ignoring me. I didn't want to feel that way. It was difficult and I went home. I was sitting thinking about session, and all of a sudden the three above dreams popped in to my head, one by one. I remembered that the first two I had on the same night, back when my Step dad was alive. Then the last dream, when I started seeing a new T.

I was awake when these three dreams showed up. It was like my collective unconscious sent me three emails.

I know that at the time I was under a tremendous amount of stress and was taking a lot of what T said negatively. A few weeks ago in therapy, I told T that I was thinking of my Stepdad a lot lately (who I absolutely loved).

??
Anastasia~ is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 09-04-2017, 04:50 PM   #2

SorryShaped has no updates.

Default Re: Dreams Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia~ View Post
Maybe ten or so more years ago, I had the following two dreams:

1)
I am driving on a beach road with my Stepfather. I look in front of us and over a large bridge I see a tornado. We do a U-turn and end up running into the front lobby of a hotel.

2)
I am running toward my childhood home, and behind me is a huge tornado coming my way. SO I run to my house and there is a huge fence around it, so I ended up clinging to the fence. My childhood home was red brick, but in my dream it has been painted over white ( In Real Life: people living in the home painted the brick white).

3) This dream happened when I first started seeing my current T, after being terminated by previous T:
I see myself in the distance, and I am a werewolf howling to the full moon. Immediately, I am inside my childhood home, myself, I am in the kitchen looking at the island and on it are onions, like the kind you pick from your front yard as a child. The onions with the green stems were laying side by side in a row and I just looked at them. The roof was lower, and it was raining outside.

I had a difficult therapy session where I was triggered because I felt like T was ignoring me. I didn't want to feel that way. It was difficult and I went home. I was sitting thinking about session, and all of a sudden the three above dreams popped in to my head, one by one. I remembered that the first two I had on the same night, back when my Step dad was alive. Then the last dream, when I started seeing a new T.

I was awake when these three dreams showed up. It was like my collective unconscious sent me three emails.

I know that at the time I was under a tremendous amount of stress and was taking a lot of what T said negatively. A few weeks ago in therapy, I told T that I was thinking of my Stepdad a lot lately (who I absolutely loved).

??
It seems your stepdad was good for you, offered protection and comfort. Great!
However, I think maybe you had some very stormy parts of those times that he helped you through. Do you think he took over where your bio father didn't keep up? I don't know that situation, so I ask.
The storms during your childhood, which is gone, put up in a fence, closed off, were weathered well, yes?
You may have just had affirmation dreams. These dreams, though not feeling it at the times in both childhood and during the dream, were you telling yourself that he was good for you. You should be thankful every day for him.
SorryShaped is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #3
Grand Magnate

Thunder Bow is a Medicine Man

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

You interpreted the dreams well.

www.lightningthunderbow.com
Thunder Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-05-2017, 12:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow View Post
You interpreted the dreams well.
I'm told I'm decent at it. My dreams have meaning too. They're usually very accurate and very profound
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #5

Anastasia~ I've been better. . .

My Mood:

376 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryShaped View Post
It seems your stepdad was good for you, offered protection and comfort. Great!
However, I think maybe you had some very stormy parts of those times that he helped you through. Do you think he took over where your bio father didn't keep up? I don't know that situation, so I ask.
The storms during your childhood, which is gone, put up in a fence, closed off, were weathered well, yes?
You may have just had affirmation dreams. These dreams, though not feeling it at the times in both childhood and during the dream, were you telling yourself that he was good for you. You should be thankful every day for him.

Thanks SorryShaped. Yes, I absolutely loved my Stepdad. I do think the was the father that I didn't have, yes He was good for me, and unfortunately passed away years ago. But I really miss him. Thank you so much!
Anastasia~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #6
Grand Magnate

Thunder Bow is a Medicine Man

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Dreams are scared mirrors and teachers.

www.lightningthunderbow.com
Thunder Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #7

Dreams are the mind's way of saying something very important to you only. Sharing dreams is your way to let others inside your head in ways sometimes even you don't understand.