Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Sleep Issues & Dream Interpretation

advertisement
Unread 09-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member
rdgrad15 Keep striving to be happy! :)

My Mood:

163 hugs
given
Default Dream of dark campus

I had a dream where I was on my college mpus waiting to be picked up by a friend. It was early evening but it was still light out and there were still lots of people around. Nothing out of the ordinary. I leave to hang out and it jumps to late in the evening where it is pitch black out. My friend is about to drop me off on campus and then I would catch a bus ride back home from there. I noticed something was strange as we approached the campus. All the lights on the road and a shopping complex across the street from the college were on, but the campus was completely dark. We went up the driveway, past a convent which was also completely darkened. Then we turned onto the road heading to the main academic building and the dorms.

There was absolutely no light. Even lights that stay on overnight, like emergency lights and outdoor lights, were off. I was filled with a tremendous amount of concern and dread. I told my friend that we need to turn around and leave immediately and go to a different bus stop location. She agreed but then she kept pulling into a parking spot, backing up, only to go back into the same spot a few times. She seemed very confused and I got extremely confused and felt a profound sense of dread. I also felt like I was being drained of energy. I opened a window to help but to no avail and then everything went black. The dream ended with us not leaving the campus. The strange thing is that the bus stop id across the street from campus, not on the campus so I don't know why we went on campus. It was a very weird dream.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 09-04-2017, 11:12 AM   #2

SorryShaped has no updates.

Default Re: Dream of dark campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
I had a dream where I was on my college mpus waiting to be picked up by a friend. It was early evening but it was still light out and there were still lots of people around. Nothing out of the ordinary. I leave to hang out and it jumps to late in the evening where it is pitch black out. My friend is about to drop me off on campus and then I would catch a bus ride back home from there. I noticed something was strange as we approached the campus. All the lights on the road and a shopping complex across the street from the college were on, but the campus was completely dark. We went up the driveway, past a convent which was also completely darkened. Then we turned onto the road heading to the main academic building and the dorms.

There was absolutely no light. Even lights that stay on overnight, like emergency lights and outdoor lights, were off. I was filled with a tremendous amount of concern and dread. I told my friend that we need to turn around and leave immediately and go to a different bus stop location. She agreed but then she kept pulling into a parking spot, backing up, only to go back into the same spot a few times. She seemed very confused and I got extremely confused and felt a profound sense of dread. I also felt like I was being drained of energy. I opened a window to help but to no avail and then everything went black. The dream ended with us not leaving the campus. The strange thing is that the bus stop id across the street from campus, not on the campus so I don't know why we went on campus. It was a very weird dream.
Does this friend lead or join you in dark things? Things you know wherein you're not in the best of intents?
Here's my take...
The getting stuck there is indicative of feeling trapped in darkness, something in your life that's not right and you know it. The confusion of the friend is indicating you might be the leader, tho not intentionally or could be the friend is simply joining you and doesn't know what they are doing is or isn't wrong. This could also be your hidden desires that you don't think you can tell your friend even though they already have an inkling at least, but you think this friend won't understand. You want out of something in your life that's making you very uncomfortable or even putting you in danger, and you want to feel safe because you may not have that right now, but you have no idea how to get the control to get there, because you aren't the driver.
The takeaway:
You can get the control you need and face your fears head-on. Walk from the darkness you know you're in and into the safety of the light.
SorryShaped is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-04-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
Grand Magnate

Thunder Bow is a Medicine Man

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Dream of dark campus

Maybe you feel stuck in a real life situation that is draining your energy.?

www.lightningthunderbow.com
Thunder Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: