Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Sleep Issues & Dream Interpretation

advertisement
Unread 06-18-2017, 11:03 AM   #1

addipaddi has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
2 hugs
given
Default Don't bring my kids into this..

Hi all!!

So, unfortunately I have a lot of bad dreams mainly because of my anxiety etc but this was the first time my bad dreams brought my kids into this.

I have two very young children, 1.5 and 6 months.

So my dream starts out completely normal, my dad and I go and look at a house. I've got my 6 month old with me. When looking at the bathrooms I noticed there were no toilets. When we get to the last bathroom, there's an extra door so I think there must be a toilet there. I open it, and suddenly the house turns into like a boat, there's the ocean out that door, and the house starts sinking.
Waves are crazy, im trying to push my daughter up to a flat spot in the floor so I can get up too, and I'm not tall enough. I start crying and ask my dad to help. He tries, but before I know if he got her up safely, I hear a scream - my son was with us and I didn't even know and he just got washed away with a huge wave.
In a split second I don't know what to do, keep my daughter safe or save my son.

I woke up shaking. I don't know the decision I made, maybe I woke up so I didn't have to make the choice. But I'm laying here, almost 2 hours later and I can't get back to sleep,.

Please help if you know what this might mean!!

advertisement
Unread 06-18-2017, 09:45 PM   #2
Magnate

Big Mama has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
634 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Don't bring my kids into this..

often times boats and water are common dreams for those who have suffered abuse or are currently dealing with some sort of abuse. Like living in a bad relationship, or working threw past abuse currently. The not knowing which child to save is symbolic of not knowing what part of you to save. It really doesn't have to do with your children but more how to save yourself. It is a dream accompanied by confusion an inability to choose. There is not correct answer and the choice is going to hurt you or someone you love either way.

I don't always get dreams right, but does this sound like a correct analysis to you. Not knowing your past history and the events leading up to this dream it makes it kinda hard to say. This is a very generic interpretation.
Big Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-19-2017, 01:24 AM   #3

addipaddi has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
2 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
often times boats and water are common dreams for those who have suffered abuse or are currently dealing with some sort of abuse. Like living in a bad relationship, or working threw past abuse currently. The not knowing which child to save is symbolic of not knowing what part of you to save. It really doesn't have to do with your children but more how to save yourself. It is a dream accompanied by confusion an inability to choose. There is not correct answer and the choice is going to hurt you or someone you love either way.

I don't always get dreams right, but does this sound like a correct analysis to you. Not knowing your past history and the events leading up to this dream it makes it kinda hard to say. This is a very generic interpretation.
Thank you heaps, it does make a lot of sense when you put it that way!!
Unread 06-19-2017, 02:18 PM   #4
Grand Magnate

Thunder Bow is a Medicine Man

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Maybe you are feeling this way in a real life situation recently?

www.lightningthunderbow.com
Thunder Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #5
dermald has no updates.

I had a water-based nightmare that involved my son when I was living with my now ex. She was highly abusive, psychologically and physically. The reason why I was there was for our son.

In the dream, I was alone with my son on the edge of a river, and we were having a picnic. I have him in one arm and the basket in the other. I set him down, and then the basket. But I notice him running around a lot, and felt that maybe he could end up getting away or hurt.

I look out to the river, and I see what looks like a little island. This is when I have the idea that I can carry him and the basket to the island. We can relax, and he can't get very far away.

I start to wade out toward the island, and the water is getting up above my waist. That's when I notice this log floating down the river. I figure I can catch the log, put my son and the basket on the log, and push it to the island.

As I'm trying to catch up to the log, it shifts direction and starts coming toward me.

It's not a log. It's a crocodile, about the size of a mini van.

I'm going backwards, trying to get to shore. I drop the basket. The bottom of the river turns to sludge, and I barely move.

I'm close to the shore, and the crocodile is almost upon me. There was this split-second thought where I could throw my son to the crocodile, which would buy me enough time to escape. This little thought informed me perefctly of what I had to do.

I threw my son to the shore, and the crocodile got me. I actually felt physical pain as I jerked awake from this nightmare.

The water and sludge represented the abusive relationship. The shore represented safety. The crocodile was my ex.

The good news is that this nightmare went away once I got out of the abusive relationship.
Unread 06-19-2017, 09:13 PM   #6
Magnate

Big Mama has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
634 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

glad you are no longer in that relationship. Our dreams tell us things in strange ways sometimes.

I had a reoccurring dream about boat and being held captive and used by the captain for his personal sexual gratification. I got pregnant and escaped the ship, had the child, only to be recaptured years later by the captain. In this dream I was running up steps and down dark hallways trying to get away from this monster of a captain. He wanted to get my child and disguard me. It was up to me to protect my child.

I was in an abusive relationship and had been threw lots of abuse and I wanted terribly to be able to protect myself and my children. I could in reality protect neither myself or my children. Still can't. Thank God I have an awesome T to help me threw this mess. She is my rock.
Big Mama is offline   Reply With Quote