Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #11
xmascarol
Member
 
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 438
8 hugs
given
Default Re: Lack of sleep is making me anxious and very nervous

As usual I got only 2 hours of sleep last night.I know the storm freaked me out.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 09-27-2018, 01:57 AM   #12
TerryL
Poohbah
 
TerryL's Avatar
TerryL has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,291
5 yr Member
1,044 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Lack of sleep is making me anxious and very nervous

you poor thing. i can so relate. i have been having insomnia too lately and feel unusually anxious. i didn't want to use melatonin as it is a hormone. i tried this herbal remedy from the health food store that was made from skullcaps. (that is a plant) that gives a very restful sleep but the night before i was especially anxious so one dose did not work. the directions said you can take up to 4 doses at a time but i was scared to do that. so i also tried acupressure. there are points on your wrists you can press to release your body's melatonin. there are many videos on youtube on how to do it. here is one YouTube
but that does not always work for me. i am now trying exercise. i have 2 and 3 lb hand weights and i just lift them a minute or so throughout the day. read that can help as well as exercising in the morning. (i just googled natural remedies for insomnia)

i hope something will work for you. having that little sleep is very dangerous.
TerryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 09-27-2018, 02:13 AM   #13
downandlonely
Poohbah
Chat Moderator
downandlonely has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 1,881 (SuperPoster!)
Default Re: Lack of sleep is making me anxious and very nervous

I'm sorry xmascarol. If the lack of sleep is a regular thing, you may want to see a doctor.

As far as natural remedies, there is melatonin and I believe Valerian root works as well. I tried melatonin, and it didn't really work for me. I haven't tried valerian.
downandlonely is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 09-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #14
MickeyCheeky
Wise Elder
 
MickeyCheeky's Avatar
MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 8,662 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Lack of sleep is making me anxious and very nervous

2 yr Member
24.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Lack of sleep is making me anxious and very nervous

MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #15
xmascarol
Member
 
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 438
8 hugs
given
Default Re: Lack of sleep is making me anxious and very nervous

Well I finally got a full night sleep I went to bed at 8:30 and when I woke up it was 6.I didnt do anything different.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:59 PM   #16
StreetcarBlanche
Member
 
StreetcarBlanche's Avatar
StreetcarBlanche I don't want realism. I want magic.
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 61
5 hugs
given
Default Re: Lack of sleep is making me anxious and very nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmascarol View Post
Well I finally got a full night sleep I went to bed at 8:30 and when I woke up it was 6.I didnt do anything different.
Hey that's great to hear. Hopefully now you'll be back on a regular sleep schedule.
StreetcarBlanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:10 PM   #17
xmascarol
Member
 
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 438
8 hugs
given
Default Re: Lack of sleep is making me anxious and very nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by downandlonely View Post
I'm sorry xmascarol. If the lack of sleep is a regular thing, you may want to see a doctor.

As far as natural remedies, there is melatonin and I believe Valerian root works as well. I tried melatonin, and it didn't really work for me. I haven't tried valerian.
I have told both of ,my doctors I cant sleep and neither one of them just said oh you cant . They wont do a darn thing,it gets to be so frustrating,
xmascarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:12 PM   #18
xmascarol
Member
 
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 438
8 hugs
given
Default Re: Lack of sleep is making me anxious and very nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
Hey that's great to hear. Hopefully now you'll be back on a regular sleep schedule.
To my surprise I fell asleep about 11:30 last night when I woke up it was after 7;30 this morning ,I hope I can sleep tonight.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:14 PM   #19
xmascarol
Member
 
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 438
8 hugs
given
Default Re: Lack of sleep is making me anxious and very nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryL View Post
you poor thing. i can so relate. i have been having insomnia too lately and feel unusually anxious. i didn't want to use melatonin as it is a hormone. i tried this herbal remedy from the health food store that was made from skullcaps. (that is a plant) that gives a very restful sleep but the night before i was especially anxious so one dose did not work. the directions said you can take up to 4 doses at a time but i was scared to do that. so i also tried acupressure. there are points on your wrists you can press to release your body's melatonin. there are many videos on youtube on how to do it. here is one YouTube
but that does not always work for me. i am now trying exercise. i have 2 and 3 lb hand weights and i just lift them a minute or so throughout the day. read that can help as well as exercising in the morning. (i just googled natural remedies for insomnia)

i hope something will work for you. having that little sleep is very dangerous.
See when I dont sleep I not only get anxious but depressed as well I become very shaky and I feel like I am going to fall.I had run into things before.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 01:56 PM   #20
saidso
Member
 
saidso's Avatar
saidso has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2018
Location: Europe & UK
Posts: 276
87 hugs
given
Default Re: Lack of sleep is making me anxious and very nervous

In my mind two hours sleep is an emergency situation - either the doctor has to give me pills or I need to catch up during the daytime.

It's important (again just my experience) to deliberately spend time winding down mentally even if I can't sleep. Because my insomnia is a learned pattern and I constantly have to remind my body how to sleep regularly.

Stuff that I use to wind down is gentle exercise and gentle music, just lying in warm comfortable place, relaxing my eyes - and finding ways to relax the controlling part of my mind. Taking time away from thinking type activities at least one hour before bedtime.

I feel concerned for you. What people have written about medication mix and side effects makes sense, but then shouldn't your doctor review the medication mix.

Is there anything that helps for you, or that you notice in your environment that might help if you did more of it? For example when I was working long hours with no sleep, I walked by a meditation class and something inside me knew that I needed to do it, despite my difficulty in relaxing my mind. That's 18 years ago and despite initial difficulty I'm still benefitting from that class.

Reflecting more, I would enourage you to observe what works for you personally. Problems letting go enough to sleep are a very personal thing, on the level of deep intimacy. The trick for me has been observing what works and doing more of it - whether it's being more patient with myself, more assertive with my doctor, or more committed to a good sleep routine.


Big hugs!
saidso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.




advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp


 
Helplines and Lifelines