Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Sexual and Gender Issues


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #1
Junior Member
Veeda has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 20 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

Default Life long fetish and OCD

I have had issues with a disturbing fetish for as long as I can remember. I also have severe OCD which makes it more convoluted. The object in question is everywhere in society and my OCD causes extreme apprehension and questions of whether I am a bad persons or not...I hate feeling this way and hate the obsession as well but it becomes too powerful to avoid at times which causes more distress
Veeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 03:34 AM   #2
Junior Member
Dangerman has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: Uk
Posts: 14
My Mood:

Default Re: Life long fetish and OCD

May a ask what the object is?
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 04:43 AM   #3
Junior Member
Veeda has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 20 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

Default Re: Life long fetish and OCD

Being fully resuscitated with a defibrillator and oxygen mask either in the ER or OR both scenarios have haunted me for most of my life
Veeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 05:08 AM   #4
Junior Member
Dangerman has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: Uk
Posts: 14
My Mood:

Default Re: Life long fetish and OCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeda View Post
Being fully resuscitated with a defibrillator and oxygen mask either in the ER or OR both scenarios have haunted me for most of my life
Please note I can only give my personal opinion.

I'm the last person in the world who could or for that matter would judge you (given the bizarre nature of one of my fetishes)

Yours is an unusual one and in all likelihood Impossible to act upon ( for real)

You say "it's haunted you" are you sure it's a fetish? And not a phobia?

If it is a fetish, what about experimenting with role play, there are lots of people with medical fetishes that I'm sure would like to act out that scene with you.

Obviously your OCD may cause some issues depending on how it affects you.
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 05:10 AM   #5
Junior Member
Dangerman has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: Uk
Posts: 14
My Mood:

Default Re: Life long fetish and OCD

On a side note I notice your mood is "ashamed" please don't feel ashamed about talking about your desires and dreams.
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 05:56 AM   #6
Junior Member
Veeda has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 20 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

Default Re: Life long fetish and OCD

Thank you I appreciate that. I just really don't understand why I have been stuck dealing with these intrusive scenarios; most of my life actually. Ashamed to discuss it because of what others might say or think
Veeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 06:18 AM   #7
Junior Member
Veeda has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 20 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

Default Re: Life long fetish and OCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerman View Post
Please note I can only give my personal opinion.

I'm the last person in the world who could or for that matter would judge you (given the bizarre nature of one of my fetishes)

Yours is an unusual one and in all likelihood Impossible to act upon ( for real)

You say "it's haunted you" are you sure it's a fetish? And not a phobia?

If it is a fetish, what about experimenting with role play, there are lots of people with medical fetishes that I'm sure would like to act out that scene with you.

Obviously your OCD may cause some issues depending on how it affects you.
It started as a phobia then curiosity and inadvertently became sexual used which reinforced the guilt and BDD as well as the OCD. I had joined an online group once that was centered on this topic and really that about role playing it as a way to maybe alleviate the intensity and frequency of these feelings
Veeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 06:42 AM   #8
Junior Member
Dangerman has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: Uk
Posts: 14
My Mood:

Default Re: Life long fetish and OCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeda View Post
Thank you I appreciate that. I just really don't understand why I have been stuck dealing with these intrusive scenarios; most of my life actually. Ashamed to discuss it because of what others might say or think
Your anonymous here so that helps ( for me anyway)
Even with with that I've had bad experiences of people ridiculing me for my fetish (not on this site) but I tend to ignore them.
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 06:44 AM   #9
Junior Member
Dangerman has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: Uk
Posts: 14
My Mood:

Default Re: Life long fetish and OCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeda View Post
It started as a phobia then curiosity and inadvertently became sexual used which reinforced the guilt and BDD as well as the OCD. I had joined an online group once that was centered on this topic and really that about role playing it as a way to maybe alleviate the intensity and frequency of these feelings
Did that help?
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2017, 07:14 AM   #10
Junior Member
Veeda has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 20 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood:

Default Re: Life long fetish and OCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerman View Post
Did that help?
It helped with knowing that I wasn't the only one who had similar thoughts. It it didn't help with the feelings of guilt or intensity of these feelings as it made me want to engage in actual role play type scenarios
Veeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp

Helplines and Lifelines