Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Sexual and Gender Issues

Unread 07-18-2017, 08:30 AM   #11

ingalot has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
46 hugs
given
Default Re: Seeking information and advice

Ive known the guy for about two years now, we study the same thing at university. I trust him and have huge amounts of respect for him because of consideration hes shown in the past, checking for consent and making sure im comfrtable with certain levels of physicality. This is partially about sex but a lot of my issue lies in me not being able to initiate anything other than a hug or kiss and it bothers me to be so shy/incapable/anxious/unconfident
ingalot is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 07-18-2017, 09:57 AM   #12
Poohbah

Hopingtrying has no updates.

2,549 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingalot View Post
This is partially about sex but a lot of my issue lies in me not being able to initiate anything other than a hug or kiss and it bothers me to be so shy/incapable/anxious/unconfident
The first time is the scariest--the more you do the less scary it will be. Sometimes it can even get mundane at times (I have been married 29 years).
Hopingtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 07-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #13
Administrator
Community Support Team

sabby has no updates.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
6,000 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I would like to clear up the age issue that a member brought to light in this thread.

In Feb. 2012 the OP posted they were 15yrs old. "Hi, I'm from australia, and 15 y/o." It makes sense that now they are 20yrs old since it's been 5 years ago they made that post in New Members.

To the OP, it's very possible that you really are not as ready to initiate or have sex with your boyfriend just yet. That could be why part of you is resisting. My suggestion is that you take everything slowly and one day at a time. When the time is right, you will not question it and it will happen naturally.

Wishing you well!
sabby is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 07-25-2017, 01:23 AM   #14
lina33 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 hugs
given
Thumbs up Re: Seeking information and advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingalot View Post
I havent been able to find the information i want online and im a bit lost as to where to look so i thought that posting here might here.

I am a virgin, and very very inexperienced in anything remotely sexual. My boyfriend is not. I am very confortable and feel very safe with him, and since i am the lesser exerienced one he is happy to go at whatever pace i desire and doesnt care that we havent had sex yet (weve been dating four months so not long but weve talked about it a few times)

So the ball is in my court, so to say, except despite me being very attracted to him and very fine with the idea of us moving past just making out, i cant physically get myself to initiate anything further. Perhaps its because i dont know what to do, perhaps its a confidence thing. Idk. But my body physicaly wont do what im thinking of doing.

Would anyone have any tips on gaining confidence or even how to start? Im so clueless its a bit embarrassing :/ i truly want to give more to my bf who is so kind and caring and patient with me, and i would like to take things further but i dont know how to start.

I wouldn't reccomend your first time being under the influence.

Although he has experience, I don't expect that he's got everything quite figured out comfortably yet, or he could just be sexually passive as which would explain his patience. ((Or your boyfriend just happens to be a gentleman, and you should keep him!!!))

Having a reliable private place where you won't be walked in on, bothered, or having to worry about when people come in is important to relieving anxiety and allowing yourself to become comfortable with him in that way. I assume you're college aged?

Protection. Having the right kind of protection prepped, can relieve any stress ahead of time. Always use condoms, but if you're still worried about it breaking, (because it's your first time, and of course you are,) there are these things you can get in the same aisle as you buy condoms, VCF, or vaginal contraceptive film strips that are good in case things go wrong. Sort of like a pre-planned plan B. I wouldn't rely on them, also they do not protect against STDs. Make sure to read the directions carefully and place it in right BEFORE you get .... started with him.

Noise. In the off chance you have a private place, but it's not too private. A bit of background noise, like the TV radio anything, can help to make you less nervous, and help you maybe even to help tune out some of the panic.

Shave. Nothing preps you like looking your best. Plan to look your best by shaving, doing your hair, what ever you do to make yourself feel beautiful. The more attractive you feel, the more confidant you are. Don't forget your favorite perfume.

Finally I leave you with this, start at his waist band. He'll likely help you if you're shaking, (he'll help you in a hurry too!) Don't too much. Do your thinking before you get him alone. make sure this is what you truly want. And have a night you won't forget for the rest of your life.
lina33 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 07-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #15
lina33 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 hugs
given
Ribbon Re: Seeking information and advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby View Post
I would like to clear up the age issue that a member brought to light in this thread.

In Feb. 2012 the OP posted they were 15yrs old. "Hi, I'm from australia, and 15 y/o." It makes sense that now they are 20yrs old since it's been 5 years ago they made that post in New Members.

To the OP, it's very possible that you really are not as ready to initiate or have sex with your boyfriend just yet. That could be why part of you is resisting. My suggestion is that you take everything slowly and one day at a time. When the time is right, you will not question it and it will happen naturally.

Wishing you well!
Well put, I couldn't have said it better myself.
lina33 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: