Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Sexual and Gender Issues

Unread 06-18-2017, 09:42 PM   #1

DodgersMom has no updates.

My Mood:

26 hugs
given
Default How to bring it up in therapy?

I posted this in another thread but just now saw this one and figured it's best to ask here

Ok...well I am a 35 yr old virgin who has also never kissed a guy or been on a date etc. I didn't think it bothered me until I asked this a few other places and I started to realize how much it really does

You see, I was raised by a Narssacist mom and was never "allowed" male friends growing up and was always told that only "trashy people have sex before marriage" and I was always threatened she would "beat my ***" if she found out I had done anything, needless to say, this fear haunted me and lead me to never do anything. I don't even have a male friend. Any males I've hung out with in the past, she questioned like crazy....

I am really unsure of how to bring this up in therapy and not because I am really embarrassed but more because I have such shame over this. I SHOULD be more ahead in life, most of my peers have at least gone on a date.

I also made the stupid mistake of telling a "friend" and now when I see her at game nights, she makes jokes about it in front of everyone. It drives me crazy and makes me feel like a loser. So many people know this about me and I never told them.

I think because in therapy we are talking about my mom issues and friend issues, this is relevant. I just don't know how to say it without feeling so awful about myself Any help?
DodgersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 06-19-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
Magnate

QuietMind has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
323 hugs
given
Default Re: How to bring it up in therapy?

A note which you give to T maybe? Shove it at her and say you're too ashamed to read it aloud - I've done that with my T.