Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Sexual and Gender Issues

Unread 04-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #1

justxholdon has no updates.

My Mood:

7 hugs
given
Default Duty vs Desire || Potential SA triggers

*** SA trigger warning*** possibly?

I identify as asexual. My partner knows this and claims to be on the ace spectrum as well, but she's 'demi-sexual' which means she needs an emotional connection before she feels sexual arousal/attraction.

So I wrestle with feeling like I'm holding her back. I know what she wants and yet I've started pulling away from even innocent touches knowing where she wants it to go.

I give in occasionally. I start feeling guilty that it's been too long and that that's not fair and let her...you know.

And this is her birthday week so I feel like I should ... like that's what good gf's do right? I just I really hate sex.

I'm also on meds that contribute to low libido and difficult achieving orgasm.

Possible Trigger

The obvious answer is to just talk to her but how do you tell someone that? I'm so freaking mortified and terrified to post this. I'm not even sure if this is the right place for it. I'm sorry.
justxholdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 04-15-2017, 04:57 PM   #2
we are one

wiretwister Tigger going contently into the sunset

My Mood:

3 yr Member
612 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Duty vs Desire || Potential SA triggers

yes this is a good place to post ... you know that a loving caring relationship is a two way street ... what she is doing is causing distress ... and that's bad ... but you have to weigh that against breaking the peace ... but what is this doing to your opinion of yourself ... I think I would write out a very sincere letter ... and in a quite together time read it to her ... but only you know what is the best way to approach this ... I wish you sucess and happiness (together) ... Love .. Tigger.

SoonKyu is the light at the end of my tunnel.
wiretwister is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 04-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #3

justxholdon has no updates.

My Mood:

7 hugs
given

I was googling this a bit trying to figure out why I was feeling the way I was. And found for the first time in my life the words 'sexual coercion' and wow.

Wow, wow, wow.

Thank you Tigger for replying. It helps just knowing I got the words out and someone heard and didn't tell me the things I was fearing.
justxholdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2017, 07:38 PM   #4
Elder
Bill3 has no updates.

8 yr Member
12.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Possible Trigger

This is a major problem. Her behavior is inconsiderate and inappropriate and, I believe, contributes significantly to the distress you describe.

Quote:
The obvious answer is to just talk to her but how do you tell someone that?
Well it sounds like you have talked to her and told her that. I gather, though, that she is not taking your feelings into consideration.
Bill3 is online now   Reply With Quote