Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

Old 03-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #11
Calypso2632

Calypso2632 Working on it

My Mood: Why are sexual discussions so challenging for humans?

3 yr Member
54 hugs
given
Default Re: Why are sexual discussions so challenging for humans?

Society and people and religion has made sex "taboo" dirty sinful and unclean. Along with lots of filthy names getting called. Too many partners? Labeled. Too few partners? Labeled. Kink or fetish? Labeled. I dunno about other people but I wasn't raised to know what was going on. I had to figure everything out on my own. My sister is 8 years older than me so not close, no valuable connection when growing up. When I got my period I was a bit shocked but knew how to handle it and told my mom to go buy me tampons. She came back with these giant pads. I was like no. Wrong. I lost my virginity at a very young age but practice caution, used birth control and got myself on the shot as soon as I could. No help from mom or family. Years in small town church ingrained that premarital sex was gonna send me to hell. Mom was going to hell. Everyone literally was going to hell. I left when I got old enough to form my own opinions. Sex and relationships and views are different for everyone to figure out and unlearning what you're taught is hard...
Calypso2632 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-06-2019, 11:47 AM   #12
SilverTrees

SilverTrees is wishing everyone peace and hope.

395 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso2632 View Post
Society and people and religion has made sex "taboo" dirty sinful and unclean. Along with lots of filthy names getting called. Too many partners? Labeled. Too few partners? Labeled. Kink or fetish? Labeled. I dunno about other people but I wasn't raised to know what was going on. I had to figure everything out on my own. My sister is 8 years older than me so not close, no valuable connection when growing up. When I got my period I was a bit shocked but knew how to handle it and told my mom to go buy me tampons. She came back with these giant pads. I was like no. Wrong. I lost my virginity at a very young age but practice caution, used birth control and got myself on the shot as soon as I could. No help from mom or family. Years in small town church ingrained that premarital sex was gonna send me to hell. Mom was going to hell. Everyone literally was going to hell. I left when I got old enough to form my own opinions. Sex and relationships and views are different for everyone to figure out and unlearning what you're taught is hard...
SilverTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:01 PM   #13
daggy
Grand Magnate

daggy Time and Spacially challenged

10 yr Member
64 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Another day down and after listening to what my wife needed in the bedroom for her to release her tension I did what she wanted plus a little more and all without the penetration
So sex talk is way more than using the nice pleasantries to get someone to take their clothes off.
Just listening and knowing what the other person wants/needs can only be done by talking to the opposite sex.
If more people used their language skills instead of guessing what is expected of them life would be much easier.
daggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:12 PM   #14
SilverTrees

SilverTrees is wishing everyone peace and hope.

395 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggy View Post
Another day down and after listening to what my wife needed in the bedroom for her to release her tension I did what she wanted plus a little more and all without the penetration
So sex talk is way more than using the nice pleasantries to get someone to take their clothes off.
Just listening and knowing what the other person wants/needs can only be done by talking to the opposite sex.
If more people used their language skills instead of guessing what is expected of them life would be much easier.

Glad you and your wife are able to connect, Daggy. Your points about communication are well made!
SilverTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-07-2019, 12:34 AM   #15
daggy
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
64 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Why is sex such a challenge to talk about?
Because the answer is as large and complicated as the many positions you can find to have physical relations.
And then there are two different main sexes. Not to count all the variations.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-14-2019, 06:00 PM   #16
daggy
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
64 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggy View Post
Why is sex such a challenge to talk about?
Because the answer is as large and complicated as the many positions you can find to have physical relations.
And then there are two different main sexes. Not to count all the variations.
Actually, it's because the word is so hard to define.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: