Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
Anonymous50287
Guest
Anonymous50287 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a
Default Cyber Sex

Nobody ever really talks about it, but I suspect it's quite common in this day and age. Whether it be with a partner or internet friend or whomever.

Any thoughts on the impact on mental health, if any? I think it can be a huge source of stress relief and relaxation. However for some people it might be uncomfortable. I guess it also is like real life in whether or not you are emotionally invested.

Any thoughts?
  Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 10-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #2
danvb
Poohbah
 
danvb's Avatar
danvb has no updates.
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,284
My Mood: Cyber Sex

8 yr Member
235 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Cyber Sex

As long as it's between consenting adults, cyber sex can be a great way to share your sexuality with another person, especially for those who have been in a long term relationship with a significant other. Cyber sex can just be another tool in your bag of tricks to keep your relationship fresh and exciting. When it comes to sex, nothing is off the table so long as it's between consenting adults.
danvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:15 AM   #3
mogwai
Member
 
mogwai's Avatar
mogwai has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 40
11 hugs
given
Default Re: Cyber Sex

Is cyber sex the same as sexting, roleplaying/describing acts? I've never really seen the appeal of it and it doesn't do much for me. Even in a relationship it feels awkward and I avoid it. It's like the anxiety of sex and spontaneous creative-writing, without any of the pleasure of sex. Maybe if my partner and I were talented writers of erotica it would actually be hot, but my experience with it is mostly half-assed strangers on hookup apps saying variants of "I'm gonna do [basic sex act] to you"

What kind of things are you supposed to say? (you don't have to get detailed, i just don't understand the usual format or back-and-forth conversation)
mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:31 AM   #4
daggy
Grand Magnate
 
daggy's Avatar
daggy Time and Spacially challenged
 
Member Since: Nov 2008
Location: D`Aguilar Queensland Australia
Posts: 3,478
My Mood: Cyber Sex

10 yr Member
64 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Cyber Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogwai View Post
Is cyber sex the same as sexting, roleplaying/describing acts? I've never really seen the appeal of it and it doesn't do much for me. Even in a relationship it feels awkward and I avoid it. It's like the anxiety of sex and spontaneous creative-writing, without any of the pleasure of sex. Maybe if my partner and I were talented writers of erotica it would actually be hot, but my experience with it is mostly half-assed strangers on hookup apps saying variants of "I'm gonna do [basic sex act] to you"



What kind of things are you supposed to say? (you don't have to get detailed, i just don't understand the usual format or back-and-forth conversation)
Hi mogwai
To write erotica just take your mind out of the everyday and imagine . Not just the act of sex but what leads up to it. What kind of things that would feel good if you got the chance to try them.
The anticipation of something is sometimes all it takes without all the wham bam.
But then again it can be turned around and describing fast sex might be the thing that does it .
But a simple glance over the table and a toe run up his leg might be enough for someone to start filling in the gaps of a story.
daggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:49 PM   #5
daggy
Grand Magnate
 
daggy's Avatar
daggy Time and Spacially challenged
 
Member Since: Nov 2008
Location: D`Aguilar Queensland Australia
Posts: 3,478
My Mood: Cyber Sex

10 yr Member
64 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Cyber Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous50287 View Post
Nobody ever really talks about it, but I suspect it's quite common in this day and age. Whether it be with a partner or internet friend or whomever.



Any thoughts on the impact on mental health, if any? I think it can be a huge source of stress relief and relaxation. However for some people it might be uncomfortable. I guess it also is like real life in whether or not you are emotionally invested.



Any thoughts?
Ppl sometimes cant differentiate between real and imaginary. What you would like to do against what you cant do
daggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:56 PM   #6
daggy
Grand Magnate
 
daggy's Avatar
daggy Time and Spacially challenged
 
Member Since: Nov 2008
Location: D`Aguilar Queensland Australia
Posts: 3,478
My Mood: Cyber Sex

10 yr Member
64 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Cyber Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggy View Post
Ppl sometimes cant differentiate between real and imaginary. What you would like to do against what you cant do
Against what you can and cant do .
daggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp


 
Helplines and Lifelines