Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

Old 10-16-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
Anonymous50287
Anonymous50287 has no updates. Edit

Default Cyber Sex

Nobody ever really talks about it, but I suspect it's quite common in this day and age. Whether it be with a partner or internet friend or whomever.

Any thoughts on the impact on mental health, if any? I think it can be a huge source of stress relief and relaxation. However for some people it might be uncomfortable. I guess it also is like real life in whether or not you are emotionally invested.

Any thoughts?
Hugs from:
Old 10-17-2018, 05:34 PM   #2
danvb
Poohbah

danvb has no updates.

My Mood: Cyber Sex

8 yr Member
235 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Cyber Sex

As long as it's between consenting adults, cyber sex can be a great way to share your sexuality with another person, especially for those who have been in a long term relationship with a significant other. Cyber sex can just be another tool in your bag of tricks to keep your relationship fresh and exciting. When it comes to sex, nothing is off the table so long as it's between consenting adults.
danvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:15 AM   #3
mogwai

mogwai has no updates.

11 hugs
given
Default Re: Cyber Sex

Is cyber sex the same as sexting, roleplaying/describing acts? I've never really seen the appeal of it and it doesn't do much for me. Even in a relationship it feels awkward and I avoid it. It's like the anxiety of sex and spontaneous creative-writing, without any of the pleasure of sex. Maybe if my partner and I were talented writers of erotica it would actually be hot, but my experience with it is mostly half-assed strangers on hookup apps saying variants of "I'm gonna do [basic sex act] to you"

What kind of things are you supposed to say? (you don't have to get detailed, i just don't understand the usual format or back-and-forth conversation)
mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote