advertisement
Unread 10-12-2017, 10:01 AM   #1
Grand Poohbah
here today has no updates.

5 yr Member
428 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Anybody feel disappointed with themselves? With their life?

I sure do, sometimes. Most of the time, actually. Not much I can do about it, though. Just let it be, I guess? Live and learn. Like, a lot! Not that it does me much good -- or anyone else, either. Still. . .maybe the purpose of my life was . . .my life. And it's not over yet. No expectations much at this point. So. . .maybe not so many more disappointments either?
here today is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 10-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #2
Seeker

Gus1234U AWAKEN~!

My Mood:

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Anybody feel disappointed with themselves? With their life?

there is a philosophy called "Radical Acceptance" that i am embracing as much as i am able. it postulates that it is not the external world which is the source of our misery, but our own internal perspective.

since i have lost everything but my home and my cats, i have nothing left to do but work on myself; and i find that it has made all the difference in how i feel about being alive. i am making real head-way on reducing dissatisfaction, blame, anger and all the miserable emotions, and resorting to positive exercises, letting go of all that and looking for whatever good the "friendly universe" might be sending my way.

instead of a miserable, lonely old age, i have found gratitude for my misfortunes; they help me to relinquish my grasp on 'should-have, would have', and practice accepting what is and doing my best to have a kinder response.

best wishes~

Unread 10-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #3
formerly hankster

unaluna wore shoes like this in the sixties. Now she's in her sixties :(

My Mood:

5 yr Member
26.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

You dont know what effect you are having on other people or karma or whatever RIGHT NOW. Hey when we were growing up, you couldnt get a phd in tv watching. You can now! Maybe after we are gone, people will be studying OUR little microwave emissions or whatever they are, and finding significance in them, while we die penniless and unknown like Van Gogh. You just do you
unaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #4
Reclusive Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
7,799 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Oh yes... this is where I live... completely, utterly disappointed, embarrassed, angered & confused... all at the same time. And it is too late to do anything about any of it now. It all just is what it is... or was what it was. I strive to live in the moment as much as possible. And I live a pretty-much reclusive lifestyle at this point... just treading water... waiting for the end to arrive...
"Oh, do not say / My spirit is not worn-- / As curtains furl / In the west wind, / I am more withered / Than the chrysanthemums' / Yellow flowers." (From a poem by the poetess Li Ching-Jau, China, Southern Sung period, c. 1125 A.D.)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: