|10-31-2009, 09:56 AM||#1|
A lonely Loner
Puffyprue has no updates.
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: Away from Polaris
how to overcomes your sadness
How to Overcome Sadness
By eHow Contributing Writer
Everybody experiences sadness and depression in their lives, and knowing how to overcome it, and even that it can be overcome, makes emotional times easier to get through. It takes time and patience to overcome sadness, as well as the support of loved ones. Read on for some ways to get beyond whatever is making you so sad.
Express your feelings. Bottling your emotions inside won't make them go away and won't allow you to move forward. Cry, scream or write an angry letter. Don't mail it, but write it so you can say all the things you want to say.
Evaluate your life. If there are things that add to your sadness, such as drugs, alcohol abuse or a toxic relationship, break that cycle and end the pain. It will take time, but you will heal and be better for doing so.
Do something positive for someone else. The best way to overcome sadness and depression is to be of service. Serve food to the homeless, visit shut-ins in your neighborhood or go read to seniors or children in the hospital. Everyone will benefit from your actions.
Get plenty of exercise. Even if you're not in shape to run a marathon, taking a walk in the morning or after dinner will help relieve stress, which also helps you overcome sadness and depression.
Find something that makes you happy. Take in a funny movie or visit an upbeat friend. That attitude is just as contagious as sadness.
Consult a physician. Many times sadness and depression can be treated with medication to help you recover and return to your life. If you're suffering from sadness and depression for unknown reasons or extended periods of time, ask your doctor for help.
Make a list everyday of things you're grateful for. Make it a rule that you can't repeat anything from one day to the next. By doing this, you train yourself to search for positive aspects of life rather than focusing on the negative things.
2nd r article :
5 tips to overcome sadness
We all feel sad at times and if anyone disagrees we would classify them as a stone or a non-living thing. But, once you experience sadness for a short period of time, you also should know how to make yourself cheerful. Whatever be the loss, life must go on. There are plenty of good things in life that you must look forward to.
Here are few tips to forget your sadness and become cheerful.
1. Find out the real reason why you are feeling sad
Most of the time why we feel sad is because we don’t accept a thing that has happened. Loss of a someone or not getting a thing what we wish is often the reason that makes us sad. Instead of questioning ‘why it always happens to me’, accept the fact that it is gone or you are not getting that now. Accept the failure, it is OK to fail. You can always try next time. Accept the thing that happened, feel sadness at present and move on.
2. Talk to a trustworthy person about it
Talking about a sad thing, releases lot of stress. May be people have already undergone the thing that you are currently experiencing. Talk to a person whom you can trust, and share your sad feelings. If the person really cares about you, they will listen to you and may suggest you some ways to overcome it. But, trust me, just talking about a pain enormously reduces the pain.
3. Write / talk / paint your feelings
Most often not expressing your feelings and having them trapped inside you makes things complex. Your sadness no way to escape from yourself and you might feel sad all the way. I don’t know about you, but I like writing and writing about what makes me feel sad, how I would envision my future, liberates the sadness. You can talk to yourself or paint your feelings with colours, go back to your hobby until you forget the surroundings and truly immerse yourself into the work that you do.
4. Check your body; change your physiology
Anthony Robbins who wrote Personal Power used to say that by changing your physiology, you can change how you feel. It is instant, stand erect with a good straight posture and immediately you will feel you are feeling better. Go for a good walk or go for a swim which will immediately release your sad feelings because, your mind is occupied on the steps that you take or the strokes you make.
5. Take a break
If everything else fails and you are still not overcoming the grief or sadness, take a break. Stop the way you usually live, break the routine and go for a place where you have never been. Meet some strangers those you have never met before.
All the best for forgetting your sadness and becoming cheerful again.
3rd article :
How to Overcome Sadness
We all have bad days, but don't let them ruin how you feel about yourself or others.
1. List everything in your life you are thankful for and be happy. Put some humor in your life! Learn to laugh at yourself or rent your favourite funny videos. Do not make any big decisions while you're in this state. Wait until you're feeling better so you can rationally weigh the ups and downs of your decisions. Do something that you enjoy or that will keep you busy, like cleaning your house, volunteer, or read your favorite book.
2. Try to make some plans with your friends. Chances are that you'll have tons of fun. Don't expect too much of yourself. Face the things that you're dreading. Once you do, you're bound to feel a lot better. Buy yourself or someone else a gift. Relax. Take a long walk by yourself to think things over, take a bubble bath, or listen to soothing music. Be sure to get enough sleep by going to bed and waking up at a reasonable time. Being tired makes you feel more stressed and irritated, especially around others.
3. Give someone a hug. Everybody likes to get a hug once in awhile. It'll make both of you feel good. Know that what you are going through is very common. Talk to someone you trust about what you are feeling - they can help you sort through your emotions.
4. Get some exercise. When you exercise, your body makes more special chemicals called endorphins that help to improve your mood; You may also eat chocolate because it also helps. Regular exercise will also help to maintain a regular even appetite and sleep schedule - both important to your mental state as well. Practice deep relaxation exercises. Pray or read something inspirational . Don't dwell on your weaknesses or mistakes. Think of things that you love about yourself or that you've done to help someone. Be proud of yourself and your accomplishments.
5. Prepare for tests early. Eat healthier meals and snacks. A good diet helps you both physically and mentally.
6. Set realistic goals. Always take things one step at a time. Stop worrying about things that may never happen. Find yourself. Get involved with things you like to do. Keep a journal . Your journal can act as someone you can always vent to and will never judge you. Make time for fun.
7. Do something totally selfless and anonymous - volunteer at a shelter or local treatment facility. Give thought to how much you have if you have a roof over your head, food to eat and are healthy.
8. Do not try to get rid of your bad thoughts especially in loss of a loved one- by fighting them when they came to your mind. Just let them move through your head, think of them, but don't let them take control over you. Manage them, for example if you are at work, leave them for a better time to think of. Struggling in order to get rid of some thoughts will make them stronger.
9. Remember that your mind is a battleground and you are the one who has to write the story of this battle. If you solve any problem inside your head, no longer it's of importance that if the truth is the way you like it or not. Is there anything happening in the real world when you don't know of it. In better words from works of Jean Baudrillard the French philosopher if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, has the tree fallen at all?
* cry, not just about the bad stuff, but what you have to help deal with the bad stuff, friends, family, a possible lover, i know from experience, remembering that YOU ARE NOT ALONE and devoid of love, combined with tears of sadness, acrually obliterate your negative emotions. don't be afraid to do this.
* Relaxation and making time for fun are essential to making yourself feel better.
* If you are reading this to help someone else, the worst thing you can do is not to take the sadness seriously. The best thing you can do is to listen and tell that person that their sadness is real. Do not yell at them or dismiss them; you will only make that person crawl into his or her shell even more deeply.
* Help others
overall just remember that sadness is a natural part of life, and you cannot control or predict when you are going to feel sad . the only thing you can control is how you let that sadness affect your life.
best wishes for all of you
As long as people aren't asking me if i'm all right, i am alright.
|10-31-2009, 02:43 PM||#2|
thetimeis944 has no updates. Edit
Re: how to overcomes your sadness
wow.... this is exactly what I was looking for and I need to do something about this sadness I have. I kept if for months... then I started to understand things. I never thought I was such in deinal...I thought I was always honest with myself or to the others. I try so hard to keep all my sadness inside me and pretend like it will go away eventually.... Then I admitted about my sadness. I've been crying for 4 days now.
I was so scared about crying and it was painful but I am feeling so much better
Thank you so much for your post.
I'll remember them...
|12-30-2009, 11:17 PM||#4|
seekinlife has no updates.
Member Since: Dec 2009
Re: how to overcomes your sadness
great great thoughts. really needed to be reminded. what to do when you believe all of this is true and you are still stuck in sadness. letting go seems so easy ONCE YOU HAVE LET GO. exactly what binds one to anger resentment hurt when she really doesnt want to possess it?