Grand Poohbah
Buffy01 has no updates.

My Mood: Help with hoarding

2,440 hugs
given
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
It looks like we are going to have to step up our efforts. We are probably going to be moving in 3-4 months if our plants work out, and we don't want to move a bunch of stuff we never use.
The joy of moving! I am currently going through clothes I can't wear anymore and deciding what is special and what to give away. One of my sister is a hoarder and now one of my neighbor is a hoarder. I am working it one day at time.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 11-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #42
hvert
Grand Magnate

hvert has no updates.

3 yr Member
1,307 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Wow, good luck with the move prep! That sounds like a great motivator.

I am struggling. 6 years ago I decided to redo a room. I moved all the furniture into another room and hall, making those spaces unusable. I never finished the room. When my father died this year, I moved a bunch of his stuff into that half finished room for sorting.

So now I have a half finished room that has so much stuff in it I can't finish it. The room I moved all the furniture into - you can't even walk through it. There isn't even a path. I have stuff on my list like 'finish redoing room' but where am I supposed to put this stuff? It's so overwhelming. I wish I had finished the room shortly after I started.
hvert is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-22-2018, 06:13 AM   #43
rechu
rechu has no updates.

2 yr Member
24 hugs
given

Wow, things are happening faster than we thought, we should get mortgage approval this week and move next month!! I have started dealing with getting rid of more stuff.
rechu is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #44
Buffy01
Grand Poohbah
Buffy01 has no updates.

2,440 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
Wow, good luck with the move prep! That sounds like a great motivator.

I am struggling. 6 years ago I decided to redo a room. I moved all the furniture into another room and hall, making those spaces unusable. I never finished the room. When my father died this year, I moved a bunch of his stuff into that half finished room for sorting.

So now I have a half finished room that has so much stuff in it I can't finish it. The room I moved all the furniture into - you can't even walk through it. There isn't even a path. I have stuff on my list like 'finish redoing room' but where am I supposed to put this stuff? It's so overwhelming. I wish I had finished the room shortly after I started.
I feel the same way! That is like my bedroom closet.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #45
Buffy01
Grand Poohbah
Buffy01 has no updates.

2,440 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
Wow, things are happening faster than we thought, we should get mortgage approval this week and move next month!! I have started dealing with getting rid of more stuff.
Congratulations on the move. Congratulations on getting rid of more stuff.
Hugs from:
Old 12-01-2018, 08:26 AM   #46
hvert
Grand Magnate

hvert has no updates.

3 yr Member
1,307 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Good luck with the move, Rechu! Buffy1, I hope you are making some headway with your closet. I am not opening mine at the moment because I have too much other stuff to toss first, but mine are in a similar state and I know I could toss a lot.

I somehow crammed most of the contents of the unfinished room into a different space and have made significant progress towards finishing by working on it for a small amount of time every day.

I was also able to give some nice things I really don't need or use to a friend who will get some use out of them.

I am thinking about trying to sell a few things on eBay but am not sure it's worth the hassle. Has anyone tried selling on there recently?
hvert is offline   Reply With Quote