Grand Poohbah
Buffy01 has no updates.

My Mood: Help with hoarding

2,478 hugs
given
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
Thanks for keeping us on track, unaluna!

Hoarding runs in my family too. One of my parents had structural damage due to the weight of the stuff stored in a room. Both keep way too much. My siblings seem to have escaped it, sort of, but I am worried I am too much like my parents!

Clearing out the storage building will be good. It took me a long time to get rid of my clothes. I still hang onto too many for when I lose weight, lol.

I have been thinking about my food hoarding lately. I did some math and figured out that I have at least a two year supply of grains... if I eat grains every single day. Why did I do this??
I never heard of food hoarding. But there is a first time for everything.
Buffy01 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 03-28-2018, 09:44 PM   #12
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster

unaluna "President Coma Ti Chiamo" i.e., pres. watsisname

5 yr Member
37k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:

I have been thinking about my food hoarding lately. I did some math and figured out that I have at least a two year supply of grains... if I eat grains every single day. Why did I do this??
I blame amazon. Im not gonna make the ups guy deliver one box of oatmeal every week! But now i have a years worth of oatmeal!!
unaluna is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 03-31-2018, 08:01 AM   #13
hvert
Grand Magnate

hvert has no updates.

3 yr Member
1,339 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy01 View Post
I never heard of food hoarding. But there is a first time for everything.
I heard of it at a talk given by a cookbook author - she was confessing that she had a problem with it, and as she was talking, I realized, oh wow! that sounds familiar!

It's really easy, imo, to wind up with a year's worth of oatmeal. 5 lbs of oatmeal turns into 75 cups prepared - and it's not like that even takes up much room dry. But then how often do you want to eat oatmeal, right??

Two weeks ago I set a goal to not go food shopping for a month. I've only cheated once
hvert is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 04-02-2018, 06:15 PM   #14
Buffy01
Grand Poohbah
Buffy01 has no updates.

2,478 hugs
given

Quote:
I heard of it at a talk given by a cookbook author - she was confessing that she had a problem with it, and as she was talking, I realized, oh wow! that sounds familiar!

It's really easy, imo, to wind up with a year's worth of oatmeal. 5 lbs of oatmeal turns into 75 cups prepared - and it's not like that even takes up much room dry. But then how often do you want to eat oatmeal, right??

Two weeks ago I set a goal to not go food shopping for a month. I've only cheated once
I am glad that you set a goal. I need to set up a goal myself. I own sized some of my clothes from what I had when I clean out my drawer of clothes I couldn't wear. I dread this summer when I finally go through shed and get rid of all of my clothes and items I don't need anymore.
Hugs from:
Old 05-12-2018, 10:36 PM   #15
htoun
htoun has no updates.

2 yr Member
52 hugs
given

I have a goal but keep getting side tracked with life. I'm starting to do things again but it's frustrating. I have to get better at follow through as I have half finished projects every where. There are still two bags of donations in my bedroom and two in the hall. I just haven't had the energy to load them up and take them away. Hopefully I can get them dealt with soon
htoun is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 05-12-2018, 10:57 PM   #16
Buffy01
Grand Poohbah
Buffy01 has no updates.

2,478 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by htoun View Post
I have a goal but keep getting side tracked with life. I'm starting to do things again but it's frustrating. I have to get better at follow through as I have half finished projects every where. There are still two bags of donations in my bedroom and two in the hall. I just haven't had the energy to load them up and take them away. Hopefully I can get them dealt with soon
Hey your doing better than me. I am still struggling with my hoarding. I feel bad every time I try to get rid of anything. I have an attachment with my things.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:58 PM   #17
htoun
htoun has no updates.

2 yr Member
52 hugs
given

Buffy01 thanks. I go in and out of being able to get rid of things mostly cause I get to tired and frustrated to deal with anything. Sometimes though itís cause I want to own all of it. Right now Iím mostly just tired it seems such an effort to do anything. No one around here seems to notice or care one way or the other. Itís not like they help
htoun is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 05-28-2018, 10:10 PM   #18
Buffy01
Grand Poohbah
Buffy01 has no updates.

2,478 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by htoun View Post
Buffy01 thanks. I go in and out of being able to get rid of things mostly cause I get to tired and frustrated to deal with anything. Sometimes though itís cause I want to own all of it. Right now Iím mostly just tired it seems such an effort to do anything. No one around here seems to notice or care one way or the other. Itís not like they help
I'm still stuggling. Sometime this summer I am supposed to clean out the rent out storage which is going to be very hard because I need to get rid everything there is just no room for everything. I feel bad when I get rid of stuff. I replace some old clothes with new clothes. But it hard because I have attachment to my things. That is because of my severe loneliness I have.
Hugs from:
Old 05-28-2018, 11:49 PM   #19
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster

unaluna "President Coma Ti Chiamo" i.e., pres. watsisname

5 yr Member
37k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Im still chipping away. I dont want to die and leave a big mess for somebody to clean up! Otoh, i dont want to get rid of everything without ever having used it. I have an IDEA of maybe taking some things to goodwill this friday. I have the next 3 days clear with no appointments, and im feeling pretty good, so im gonna try to make a dent in the laundry and also now that my knee is better, get some walking clothes together (shorts, socks, tshirts).
unaluna is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 06-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #20
Buffy01
Grand Poohbah
Buffy01 has no updates.

2,478 hugs
given
Default Re: Help with hoarding update

I think I may know why I am hoarding. I pretty certain it because I don't have people in my life I am pretty much isolate myself.
Hugs from: