Unread 05-24-2017, 07:27 AM   #1
Grand Magnate

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

My Mood:

4,566 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Need support

My last year at school is being so stressful, I don't know if I can take it anymore.. I will probably fail, I feel like I know absolutely nothing about every subject Even just going to school is becoming harder and harder.. I can't focus on my studies and homeworks at home.. how will I survive when I'll get out of school?

Could use some hugs.. sorry for the rant..
MickeyCheeky is online now   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 05-24-2017, 08:00 AM   #2
Poohbah

Hopingtrying has no updates.

3,212 hugs
given
Default Re: Need support

It can be hard to ask for help because it is embarrassing when we feel like we are not succeeding but I would let most of your teachers know about your dilemma. I say most because by this point in time you are probably aware of which teachers are sympathetic. Good teachers do what they can to help their students pass. They might provide tutoring or extra credit that will enable you to graduate. If one of your teachers is unfair in a way that could jeopardize graduation, perhaps talk to a school counselor, headmaster or some other school figure that can intercede.

Don't worry about your later life. Just figure out how to graduate--you do not want to go through this again. I have seen many students who did not get good grades make a very good living later (including kids from my son's generation). I think school grades are a good predictor for how you might perform in college if you immediately go. However, not everything we learn in school applies to real life. In the US, the people I know who make good livings without college are in the trades (construction, auto repair, etc) and/or own or work in their own (or their family's) business. In the high school I went to (admittedly times have changed) less than half of the boys went on to college. They tended to work on their parent's ranch, in their dad's backhoe (a type of construction) business, enlist in the military, etc.
Hopingtrying is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 05-24-2017, 08:05 AM   #3
Grand Magnate

My Mood:

4,566 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Thank you, Hoping Teachers can only do so much.. they try their best to help their students but in the end it's up to them. I guess it's fair that way, but I'm still struggling with studying and all that. Not to mention, like you said, I'm embarassed to ask for help..
Hugs from:
Unread 05-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
Poohbah

3,212 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCheeky View Post
Thank you, Hoping Teachers can only do so much.. they try their best to help their students but in the end it's up to them. I guess it's fair that way, but I'm still struggling with studying and all that. Not to mention, like you said, I'm embarassed to ask for help..
Maybe if you think about how awful it would be stay in school longer it will motivate you. Try to just ask one teacher--if that goes well, maybe you will have the courage to tell others about your problem. You can do it!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 05-24-2017, 08:13 AM   #5
Poohbah

3,212 hugs
given

Quote:
PS--Take a break from being so helpful here. You are an awesome, sympathetic listener but it takes time to read and respond to other people's PC posts.....(I am not talking about your thread--it might help you--I am talking about reading other people's new threads.)
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 05-26-2017, 02:36 AM   #6
Marilyn2016 has no updates.

My Mood:

PC PoohBah!

Just wanted to drop in and lend some support. If you ever feel like it's getting too much for you, feel free to message me. I can connect to studies being overwhelming. It's not easy, and life on top of it makes for a rough time sometimes. What are you studying at the moment? What do you have trouble focusing on? What do you wish you were doing instead? lol. Just curious. I'm a professional student. lol. So, if you ever need an ear, some encouragement, or just to rant, like I said, my door is always open! Sending you positive vibes, and best wishes!!
Marilyn2016 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 05-26-2017, 08:02 AM   #7
Grand Magnate

My Mood:

4,566 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Thank you a lot I'm studying IT at the moment.. I don't like it. But I struggle with focusing on all the subjects.

Thank you again for the kind words
Unread 05-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #8
Account Suspended
Turtle_Rider has no updates.

2 yr Member
1,092 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Kind of remind me of my last year in uni. I was struggling too, I thought to failed and spent another semester or probably dropped out.

*Hugs* last year always the hardest. Just do your best and what you can do, don't think whether it is bad or good enough!
Turtle_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 05-27-2017, 11:13 AM   #9
formerly hankster

unaluna wore shoes like this in the sixties. Now she's in her sixties :(

My Mood:

5 yr Member
26.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Thank you a lot I'm studying IT at the moment.. I don't like it. But I struggle with focusing on all the subjects.

Thank you again for the kind words
(((Mickey))) IT - you have my sympathy! I once told an employer, "oh yes, ive taken LOTS of database classes!" I didnt explain that i had to take the same class 3 times before i passed it. But i eventually became quite the expert. Eventually! It helps to have an excellent tutor, someone who can really explain things to you in a way that makes sense. Kind of like a good t!
unaluna is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 05-28-2017, 03:23 AM   #10
Poohbah

reb569 ??!!??

My Mood:

278 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Don't be embarrassed to ask for help. My daughter struggled with that when she started having focus and concentration issues from her depression. She did make it through her senior year.

I was very concerned about one class, since she had been doing so well but got behind when she was hospitalized. I reached out to her teacher a few weeks before graduation and asked him what she needed to do to pass the course (it was one of two she needed to graduate, the others were all extra college courses) and he responded back that, "I will not let her fail." He gave her extra time to get her work in, and she pulled through it.

"I feel like an outsider, and I always will feel like one. Iíve always felt that I wasnít a member of any particular group."
~ Anne Rice
reb569 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: