Old 02-21-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
Bonkammerat
Bonkammerat has no updates.

My Mood: Trying something new

4 hugs
given
Default Trying something new

Hello.

I was recently diagnosed with STPD after a year of intense mental instability.
It occured to me that I have lived most of my life without ever having met people with the same personality traits as I have, coupled with the same diagnosis. It doesn't come as a surprise to me, though, since I am not prone to open up and be transparent around strangers, meaning that the likelyhood of actually meeting such a person is extremely low.

So here I am, for the first time, trying to reach out to you in the hope of finally finding common ground with people.
I don't know what I want to accomplish with this post, nor do I have any idea if it'll work out in my favour, but I deem it necessary to reach out to someone since I am at an all time low in my life.

If you've come this far and haven't died of boredom yet, feel free to share anything you would want to discuss in accordance to the topic (if it can even be considered a topic).
Bonkammerat is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 02-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
Skeezyks
Apparition

Skeezyks has no updates.

3 yr Member
12.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Trying something new

Hello Bonkammerat: I see this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to PsychCentral! I hope you find the time you spend here to be of benefit. May I suggest you introduce yourself over on PC's New Member Introductions forum? Here's a link:

https://forums.psychcentral.com/new-...introductions/

Here are links to some articles from PsychCentral's archives on the subject of Schizotypal Personality Disorder that may be of some interest:

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/s...lity-disorder/

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/s...der/treatment/

https://psychcentral.com/blog/schizo...rs-yet-unique/

https://psychcentral.com/blog/the-li...-eccentricity/

There's a lot of support that can be available here on PC. The more you post, & reply to other members' posts, the more a part of the community you will become. Plus there are the chat rooms where you'll be able to interact with other PC members in real time (once your first 5 posts have been reviewed & approved.) So please keep posting!
Skeezyks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:21 AM   #3
Atypical_Disaster
Elder

Atypical_Disaster has no updates.

5 yr Member
7,514 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Trying something new

Hello there,

I'm not schizotypal(I'm a blend of narcissistic and antisocial), but I figured saying hello is only polite. We need more people with personality disorders besides BPD around here. No disrespect intended to the borderline community here, it's just that there's nine other PDs and it would be most excellent to see more discussion in these other forums!

If I may ask, how did you get diagnosed and how long did that process take? I ask because I haven't met anyone diagnosed with STPD though I wonder if I've met a couple of people who did have it but were not diagnosed as such.

I hope my little post finds you well.
Atypical_Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-30-2018, 08:02 PM   #4
Bonkammerat

4 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atypical_Disaster View Post
Hello there,

I'm not schizotypal(I'm a blend of narcissistic and antisocial), but I figured saying hello is only polite. We need more people with personality disorders besides BPD around here. No disrespect intended to the borderline community here, it's just that there's nine other PDs and it would be most excellent to see more discussion in these other forums!

If I may ask, how did you get diagnosed and how long did that process take? I ask because I haven't met anyone diagnosed with STPD though I wonder if I've met a couple of people who did have it but were not diagnosed as such.

I hope my little post finds you well.
Hello!
I apologize for not having responded to your comment for so long. I was under the impression that I would be notified by email if anything new was to pop up in this thread - i might have to re-check my email properties.

Anyway, your response is much appreciated. I'd be happy to answer to your question;
I got diagnosed with STPD in december last year, and the process took approximately 5-6 months. It's been one heck of a journey...
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-30-2018, 08:09 PM   #5
Bonkammerat

4 hugs
given

I did post a response to your part, but I'm not sure if it went through or not.

Your question is very much appreciated, here's the answer to it:

I was diagnosed late decemeber last year, and the process took me approximately 5-6 months. I believe that part of the reason that it took this long, is because i prioritized school above seeking efficient treatment.
My self-harming- and suicidal behaviour really kickstarted everything, since it drew me loads of attention undivided. (i dont recommend this as a mean of beeing 'noticed')

Anyway, thank you for asking me a question. If you or anyone else would like to know about my experience or anything related to the PD, feel free to ask
"Thanks for this!" says: