Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > > >



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
mgran
Grand Poohbah
 
mgran's Avatar
mgran has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,987
8 yr Member
77 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Wow! What happened?

How sad! There have been no posts in this section for a year. Surely there are some successes we can share?

I've managed a year without further increasing my debt... in fact I managed to get some of it wiped out in court, so I'm better off than I was. I've got safety measures so that if I become too ill again things won't go pearshaped, and so far this year, though there was one scare, things haven't in fact gone pear shaped at all. My son has been accepted to college to do the course he wants, I'm in voluntary work, helping other people, I've started learning violin two months ago and am already Grade one, my guitar playing continues to improve, and I've got friends at church.

Who else has a positive story?
mgran is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 12-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
newhere
New Member
newhere has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
5 yr Member
Default

I wondered the same . good for your success .keep up the good work .
newhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Limburglar
Junior Member
 
Limburglar's Avatar
Limburglar has no updates.
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Posts: 16
5 yr Member
Default Re: Wow! What happened?

I think everybody is a success story.
Limburglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
lil-angel-wings
Member
 
lil-angel-wings's Avatar
lil-angel-wings has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: HEAVEN...Im just visiting here for a while
Posts: 495
My Mood: Wow! What happened?

5 yr Member
123 hugs
given
Default Re: Wow! What happened?

here! here!

limburglar i fully agree
lil-angel-wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
hopefultohelp
Member
 
hopefultohelp's Avatar
hopefultohelp has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: hopefultown USA
Posts: 22
My Mood: Wow! What happened?

5 yr Member
Default Re: Wow! What happened?

Hi everyone!

I have an absolutely positive SUCCESS story!

My daughter who is now going on 27 years old was diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder when she was 16 years old. She says she remembers symptoms as far back as when she was 11 years old. She had basically all the same symptoms as so many people have written about on this site. Paranoia, thinking people were talking about her, not seeing things in a realistic way, feeling like she should just end it all, staying in her room for 3 1/2 years holed up away from everyone and the whole world. She felt like she could fly at times, had an overinflated sense of self at times and yet at other times felt like she was nothing, she stopped talking to any friends she had, she was basically tormented, not having the ability to work, drive, go to school, socialize, or even bathe daily. Everyday tasks such as brushing her teeth were difficult and would take much longer than need be. She felt like helicopters flying by were coming to get her or ambulances or fire engines were warning her of impending danger in her future. When she would read of others experiences with this illness, she could relate to what they were going through.

In January 2011, my husband and I watched a documentary on the negative effects of taking meds. This motivated me to research and see if there was a natural alternative. After reading the testimony of a woman who claimed to be cured of schizophrenia by following a specific vitamin regimen, I was very, very intrigued! She said she went to see an Orthomolecular Psychiatrist. I thought "what in the world is Orthomolecular?" I started to google this term and came up with a man named Abram Hoffer. He is now deceased (2009) but during his lifetime as a doctor, he worked with over 5000 patients with schizophrenia and saw a HUGE rate of recovery by orthomolecular means and a healthy and strict diet. Orthomolecular means "Mega Vitamin". I ordered a few of his books on Amazon. One of the books is a small paperback pamphlet that cost me about $6.00 It is called Orthomolecular Treatment for Schizophrenia (Mega Vitamin Supplementation and Nutritional Strategies for Healing and Recovery). We decided to give it a go. We started my daughter off slowly on "everyday" vitamins (the two main ones being vitamin B3 (niacin-the no flush kind), and vitamin C) and added others (a total of seven) over about two months time. We just went along with what the book stated. At first her psychiatrist was not too keen on the idea that we wanted to lower the dosages of her meds and see if she could eventually get off of them. She agreed that we could try. She worked with us to lower the dosage of meds. As my daughter was consistent with taking the seven vitamins each day, getting proper amount of sleep (she has needed nine or ten hours per night for years), as well as following a strict diet of no dairy products, no meat, little sugar, brown rice, beans, and mainly fruits and vegetables (we would make homemade fruit and vegetable juice every day), her Psychiatrist noticed the incredible change in my daughter (AND I MEAN INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!) It has been a little over a year since she started taking the vitamins and she is doing FANTASTIC!!!!!! She is off 2 out of 3 meds and is taking only 1/2 mg. of the last med (down from 4 mg) The psychiatrist is soooo impressed that she wanted to know exactly what it is that we have been doing with my daughter that she is coming along soooo very well. I gave her the book we used because she said she wants to share it with some of her other patients!!!!!!

My daughter is getting back to how she used to be before she displayed any of the symptoms of schizoaffective disorder. She is thinking more clearly, she actually leaves the house now and goes on walks with us, goes shopping, has friends again, feels more comfortable in social situations/conversing with others, wants to learn how to drive, she may even go visit a friend in another state soon!!! The way she is now is nothing short of a miracle!!!!!!!!! If this has spoken to you, I would encourage you to order the book from Amazon and read about it yourself. If you would like any more info, just message me and I would be happy to chat with you about my daughters progress!

NOW THAT'S GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hopefultohelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
Queen.A
Member
 
Queen.A's Avatar
Queen.A has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: West Africa
Posts: 51
My Mood: Wow! What happened?

5 yr Member
20 hugs
given
Default Re: Wow! What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefultohelp View Post
Hi everyone!

I have an absolutely positive SUCCESS story!

My daughter who is now going on 27 years old was diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder when she was 16 years old. She says she remembers symptoms as far back as when she was 11 years old. She had basically all the same symptoms as so many people have written about on this site. Paranoia, thinking people were talking about her, not seeing things in a realistic way, feeling like she should just end it all, staying in her room for 3 1/2 years holed up away from everyone and the whole world. She felt like she could fly at times, had an overinflated sense of self at times and yet at other times felt like she was nothing, she stopped talking to any friends she had, she was basically tormented, not having the ability to work, drive, go to school, socialize, or even bathe daily. Everyday tasks such as brushing her teeth were difficult and would take much longer than need be. She felt like helicopters flying by were coming to get her or ambulances or fire engines were warning her of impending danger in her future. When she would read of others experiences with this illness, she could relate to what they were going through.

In January 2011, my husband and I watched a documentary on the negative effects of taking meds. This motivated me to research and see if there was a natural alternative. After reading the testimony of a woman who claimed to be cured of schizophrenia by following a specific vitamin regimen, I was very, very intrigued! She said she went to see an Orthomolecular Psychiatrist. I thought "what in the world is Orthomolecular?" I started to google this term and came up with a man named Abram Hoffer. He is now deceased (2009) but during his lifetime as a doctor, he worked with over 5000 patients with schizophrenia and saw a HUGE rate of recovery by orthomolecular means and a healthy and strict diet. Orthomolecular means "Mega Vitamin". I ordered a few of his books on Amazon. One of the books is a small paperback pamphlet that cost me about $6.00 It is called Orthomolecular Treatment for Schizophrenia (Mega Vitamin Supplementation and Nutritional Strategies for Healing and Recovery). We decided to give it a go. We started my daughter off slowly on "everyday" vitamins (the two main ones being vitamin B3 (niacin-the no flush kind), and vitamin C) and added others (a total of seven) over about two months time. We just went along with what the book stated. At first her psychiatrist was not too keen on the idea that we wanted to lower the dosages of her meds and see if she could eventually get off of them. She agreed that we could try. She worked with us to lower the dosage of meds. As my daughter was consistent with taking the seven vitamins each day, getting proper amount of sleep (she has needed nine or ten hours per night for years), as well as following a strict diet of no dairy products, no meat, little sugar, brown rice, beans, and mainly fruits and vegetables (we would make homemade fruit and vegetable juice every day), her Psychiatrist noticed the incredible change in my daughter (AND I MEAN INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!) It has been a little over a year since she started taking the vitamins and she is doing FANTASTIC!!!!!! She is off 2 out of 3 meds and is taking only 1/2 mg. of the last med (down from 4 mg) The psychiatrist is soooo impressed that she wanted to know exactly what it is that we have been doing with my daughter that she is coming along soooo very well. I gave her the book we used because she said she wants to share it with some of her other patients!!!!!!

My daughter is getting back to how she used to be before she displayed any of the symptoms of schizoaffective disorder. She is thinking more clearly, she actually leaves the house now and goes on walks with us, goes shopping, has friends again, feels more comfortable in social situations/conversing with others, wants to learn how to drive, she may even go visit a friend in another state soon!!! The way she is now is nothing short of a miracle!!!!!!!!! If this has spoken to you, I would encourage you to order the book from Amazon and read about it yourself. If you would like any more info, just message me and I would be happy to chat with you about my daughters progress!

NOW THAT'S GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for this information! You cannot imagine how glad I am to read your post. Now, that's a success story!
Queen.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #7
Anonymous32470
Guest
Anonymous32470 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Wow! What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefultohelp View Post
Hi everyone!

I have an absolutely positive SUCCESS story!

My daughter who is now going on 27 years old was diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder when she was 16 years old. She says she remembers symptoms as far back as when she was 11 years old. She had basically all the same symptoms as so many people have written about on this site. Paranoia, thinking people were talking about her, not seeing things in a realistic way, feeling like she should just end it all, staying in her room for 3 1/2 years holed up away from everyone and the whole world. She felt like she could fly at times, had an overinflated sense of self at times and yet at other times felt like she was nothing, she stopped talking to any friends she had, she was basically tormented, not having the ability to work, drive, go to school, socialize, or even bathe daily. Everyday tasks such as brushing her teeth were difficult and would take much longer than need be. She felt like helicopters flying by were coming to get her or ambulances or fire engines were warning her of impending danger in her future. When she would read of others experiences with this illness, she could relate to what they were going through.

In January 2011, my husband and I watched a documentary on the negative effects of taking meds. This motivated me to research and see if there was a natural alternative. After reading the testimony of a woman who claimed to be cured of schizophrenia by following a specific vitamin regimen, I was very, very intrigued! She said she went to see an Orthomolecular Psychiatrist. I thought "what in the world is Orthomolecular?" I started to google this term and came up with a man named Abram Hoffer. He is now deceased (2009) but during his lifetime as a doctor, he worked with over 5000 patients with schizophrenia and saw a HUGE rate of recovery by orthomolecular means and a healthy and strict diet. Orthomolecular means "Mega Vitamin". I ordered a few of his books on Amazon. One of the books is a small paperback pamphlet that cost me about $6.00 It is called Orthomolecular Treatment for Schizophrenia (Mega Vitamin Supplementation and Nutritional Strategies for Healing and Recovery). We decided to give it a go. We started my daughter off slowly on "everyday" vitamins (the two main ones being vitamin B3 (niacin-the no flush kind), and vitamin C) and added others (a total of seven) over about two months time. We just went along with what the book stated. At first her psychiatrist was not too keen on the idea that we wanted to lower the dosages of her meds and see if she could eventually get off of them. She agreed that we could try. She worked with us to lower the dosage of meds. As my daughter was consistent with taking the seven vitamins each day, getting proper amount of sleep (she has needed nine or ten hours per night for years), as well as following a strict diet of no dairy products, no meat, little sugar, brown rice, beans, and mainly fruits and vegetables (we would make homemade fruit and vegetable juice every day), her Psychiatrist noticed the incredible change in my daughter (AND I MEAN INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!) It has been a little over a year since she started taking the vitamins and she is doing FANTASTIC!!!!!! She is off 2 out of 3 meds and is taking only 1/2 mg. of the last med (down from 4 mg) The psychiatrist is soooo impressed that she wanted to know exactly what it is that we have been doing with my daughter that she is coming along soooo very well. I gave her the book we used because she said she wants to share it with some of her other patients!!!!!!

My daughter is getting back to how she used to be before she displayed any of the symptoms of schizoaffective disorder. She is thinking more clearly, she actually leaves the house now and goes on walks with us, goes shopping, has friends again, feels more comfortable in social situations/conversing with others, wants to learn how to drive, she may even go visit a friend in another state soon!!! The way she is now is nothing short of a miracle!!!!!!!!! If this has spoken to you, I would encourage you to order the book from Amazon and read about it yourself. If you would like any more info, just message me and I would be happy to chat with you about my daughters progress!

NOW THAT'S GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first of all, congratulations to your daughter for reducing her meds successfully and functioning much better. I wanted to send you a PM but was not sure how to do this. so, i post here some of brief thoughts here.
I believe there is some validity to orthomolecular treatments, but keep in mind, toxicities do potentially occur with such high doses of vitamins as well. Thus, after careful consideration, i will continue to take supplements, but do so in balance with other variables. the meditterranian diet is a good dietary choice as well. i had the experience of "flushing" with vitamin B-3 niacin. this is all too common of a side effect for niacin treatment. Because of this, i no longer take niacin as part of my vitamin regiment. wishing you and your daughter all the best.
  Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 05-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
hopefultohelp
Member
 
hopefultohelp's Avatar
hopefultohelp has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: hopefultown USA
Posts: 22
My Mood: Wow! What happened?

5 yr Member
Smile Re: Wow! What happened?

Thanks for your reply!

I just wanted to point out that there is a "no-flush" type of Niacin that can be taken, it is called Inositol Hexiniacinate or Inositol Hexinicotinate. Either one will do without the flushing. This regimen has worked so well for her that I just needed to share it with everyone here!





Quote:
Originally Posted by guru2013 View Post
first of all, congratulations to your daughter for reducing her meds successfully and functioning much better. I wanted to send you a PM but was not sure how to do this. so, i post here some of brief thoughts here.
I believe there is some validity to orthomolecular treatments, but keep in mind, toxicities do potentially occur with such high doses of vitamins as well. Thus, after careful consideration, i will continue to take supplements, but do so in balance with other variables. the meditterranian diet is a good dietary choice as well. i had the experience of "flushing" with vitamin B-3 niacin. this is all too common of a side effect for niacin treatment. Because of this, i no longer take niacin as part of my vitamin regiment. wishing you and your daughter all the best.
hopefultohelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
Anonymous32470
Guest
Anonymous32470 has no updates. Edit
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Wow! What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-angel-wings View Post
here! here!

limburglar i fully agree
Quote: "currently on no meds" dx. sz.

a Question for you... how did you sucessfully go off your meds?
How long has it been? and to what do you attribute your success.
i have been wanting/needing to go OFF all meds but am being forced under court order, and then they lie about it. tell me i can go off the treatment plan at any time. it's not fair to me! the side effects profile of this **** is killing me !
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #10
hopefultohelp
Member
 
hopefultohelp's Avatar
hopefultohelp has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Location: hopefultown USA
Posts: 22
My Mood: Wow! What happened?

5 yr Member
Default Re: Wow! What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru2013 View Post
Quote: "currently on no meds" dx. sz.

a Question for you... how did you sucessfully go off your meds?
How long has it been? and to what do you attribute your success.
i have been wanting/needing to go OFF all meds but am being forced under court order, and then they lie about it. tell me i can go off the treatment plan at any time. it's not fair to me! the side effects profile of this **** is killing me !
Hi Guru!

Please check out my original post in this section dated 4/26/12. It should answer all of the above questions. We attribute her success to eating a healthy diet, taking the vitamins consistently and last but not least - Jesus!!!

I hope all the best to each one of you who try this method. It is truly worth checking out and trying. My daughter noticed a difference in her mental health within one month, but it just keeps getting better as time goes on. Just make sure to stay on a healthy diet (mainly fruit and vegetables, home made juices if possible, no dairy and as little meat as possible, a small amount of sugar if any, no white rice, no white bread, stay away from processed foods! And, it is imperative to get enough sleep every night! I know this seems almost impossible to some of you, but trust me, it is sooooo worth it!!!!!!!!

Go for it and get better!!!!

Hopefultohelp
hopefultohelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.




advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp


 
Helplines and Lifelines