Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Schizophrenia and Psychosis

advertisement
Closed Thread
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #551
Magnate

justmeandmyhead has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
29 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Roll Call 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow23 View Post
That's so exciting for you! I hope you can move soon. Do you need to do much work to the house?

I'm thinking about moving; hopefully this summer. I'm hoping to find a little house with a garden for Dog and I. I really like my flat, but it's way too cold in the winter, and the neighbours are going downhill since I moved in almost 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure one of them is a drug dealer!! :/ Plus, I really want a garden! Fingers' crossed I find something...

I'm really glad that you're feeling more confident at work now. I'm hoping that you get your license back without a hitch!

*Willow*

I don't think there's too much that needs doing to the house, we want to re turf the garden and there's bits and bobs but nothing major we can see.
I know how you feel, our flats have gone downhill since we moved in too. There's so much rubbish around now and I saw 3 rats the other night! I hope you find somewhere nice to move!
Thanks yeah I hope I get it back easy enough. It's all been a bit of a farce.
How are you doing? Are you still on a section?
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Unread 06-19-2017, 04:48 PM   #552
Obey™ Propaganda

newtus has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
880 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I just found out i am getting a pell grant for college for fall 2017 and spring 2018!

Life With Mental Illness
Photography Project & writings from people with mental illness

Struggle With Schizophrenia Blog
www.mozepray.com

My Youtube channel. Struggling With Schizophrenia videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MozePrayIII

Unread 06-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #553
Comfy Sedation

junkDNA im trying

My Mood:

3 yr Member
7,333 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

i got a pair of olive green velvet booty shorts

also i start my job tomorrows

cheer up little baby it wasnt always quite so bad
for every venom that had came out
the antidote was had
Unread 06-19-2017, 05:22 PM   #554
Obey™ Propaganda

newtus has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
880 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

My dad will be home in an hour and a half

Life With Mental Illness

www.mozepray.com

Unread 06-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #555
Obey™ Propaganda

newtus has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
880 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Roll Call 90

Yall KNOW when i talk about something, i talk about it to DEATH!

I am sooooo excited to go grocery shoppinggggg for the new fridge

At whole foods!!!!!!!!! Or sprouts. Or getting gluten free meals at walmart.

Life With Mental Illness

www.mozepray.com

"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-19-2017, 05:33 PM   #556
Day Tripper has no updates.

194 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkDNA View Post
i got a pair of olive green velvet booty shorts

Any chance of a fashion show?
Hugs from:
Unread 06-19-2017, 06:14 PM   #557

194 hugs
given

I'm titrating off my Lamictal from 375mgs to 0mgs. Today marks the last dosage of a two month process. It was my last 75mgs dosage this morning. The half life of Lamictal is 29 hours, so much is out of my system and by the end of the week i should see near complete positive and negative side effects return to what they were previous to medications. Also, I had two panic attacks today, due to the brain damage Wellbutrin caused, one at 2:30pm and another at 6:30pm. Before medication (lamictal or any ssri and snri) they ran like clockwork at 9:30am and then another at 5:30pm. If the Xanax works right then I will only have to take two doses at those times. I just hope they are strong enough. I would have kept taking Klonopin, but the klonopin has a 40 hr half life and builds in my system making it lethal to drive to work in the morning. Plus, Xanax is fast acting and the half life is about 11 hours so I was thinking it was a win-win.

My official diagnosis is a constant bipolar mixed episode of depression and mania (euphoria) + psychosis that never ends. So it's a severe bipolar case. The Geodon treats the mania thereby negating the psychosis, but it also doesn't cripple dopamine completely so it's a nice blend for my chemistry. However, I am going on a limb by not treating to the depression at all, because all meds that treat that cause anhedonia (no pleasure) symptoms. From what I recall the depression was severe, but I think it's worth it, at least for the time being. I'm going to have to self monitor very carefully.

My panic attacks always start in the gut, and i'm feeling discomfort there currently--even after I took my Xanax at 6:30pm--at which is the beginning stage of my panic attacks. I hope that I'm wrong. I can only take 1mg of Xanax 2X a day, and I've already have done that. The Xanax should be working better than this... Tomorrow I will stay away from caffeine and see if that reduces any symptoms.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 06-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #558
Reality Observer

WeepingWillow23 has no updates.

My Mood:

8 yr Member PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeandmyhead View Post
I don't think there's too much that needs doing to the house, we want to re turf the garden and there's bits and bobs but nothing major we can see.
Oh, that's good. Sounds like you'll be all settled in in no time then

Quote:
I know how you feel, our flats have gone downhill since we moved in too. There's so much rubbish around now and I saw 3 rats the other night! I hope you find somewhere nice to move!
Yeah, one of my neighbours dumped an old mattress right outside the front of the house, which was nice of them! And they're too stupid to understand what is rubbish and what is recycling; just chucking it in whatever bin they fancy. It's very annoying!

I've seen 3 possibilities online so far, but they're all with this one letting agency who want almost £900 in fees, on top of the security deposit and 1st month's rent in advance! £900 for what??! It takes the piss!!

Quote:
Thanks yeah I hope I get it back easy enough. It's all been a bit of a farce.
Fingers' crossed!
Quote:
How are you doing? Are you still on a section?
I'm fine, thanks. Enjoying the sunshine while it lasts!

I'm still on section, though hopefully not for long, but I still haven't seen my pdoc to find out what's happening. He said last time I saw him that he'd see me twice by now, so either he's v busy or he's avoiding me... It's such a waste of time me being here! They only have 6 female rehab beds in the whole county, and they're wasting one of those for me - why??? I don't get it. But hopefully I will be able to go home soon.

It's nice hearing that things are going so well for you

*Willow*
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-19-2017, 06:18 PM   #559
Reality Observer

WeepingWillow23 has no updates.

My Mood:

8 yr Member PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkDNA View Post
Good luck!

*Willow*
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-19-2017, 07:10 PM   #560

194 hugs
given

Took the day off today to relax and make life changing phone calls I've been avoiding for almost two years. I hope I can keep the ball rolling so that I can get my life back to where it was before my health failed me 6 years ago.

Now that this ball is rolling I just need to figure out a job I can use my degree in. I have a philosophy degree with a minor in psychology. It's a tough liberal arts degree. Philosophy isn't practical traditionally. But it's very human in that it challenges the three problem areas humanity has always wrestled with: The problem of knowledge, which is what can I know and what is there?; the problem of conduct, which is what kind of life is right for beings such as us; and the problem of governance, should I govern or be governed. I will keep on trying to write and improve that skill set, but I'm not sure what direction I can go with my degree now that there is no re-entry into academia. My original plan was to go into academia as a philosophy of psychology professor, but my year long psychosis turned me against my professors and I went from 2nd in line for a scholarship to professors unwilling and unable to even respond to an email from me. I put all my eggs in one basket... How unwise.

I currently make good money for my trade, but the work is atrocious on my body and soul. The hours are always at least 10 a day too, which gives me little time to enjoy the money I do make.

A life lesson I learned:
at a young age I went to visit a friend who lived in Florence Italy. There I played on his soccer league, I visited all the museums, I went to a couple of his classes just to get a sense of the culture. I learned that we ought to work to live, but I'm currently living to work.

I'm at a loss for what direction I can go to make my passion a career, or, really, use my liberal arts degree in any field that isn't soul crushing. I'm looking at my bookshelves and not a single book speaks to me right now. The US market is flooded with Bachelors degrees which makes them worth less now.

I know this sounds far fetched but I do wonder what a life of public service in politics would look like and how I could get there. But where to get an entry level job for base experience seems to be the challenge, except for our president. My friend teaches history, maybe I can ask him some questions. I'm thinking aloud. Sorry.
Closed Thread