Legendary

Sometimes psychotic Hugs to all!

My Mood: Surviving Anhedonia

5 yr Member
17.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Surviving Anhedonia

Have you ever tried an maoi? They are an older class of ADs but also impact dopamine......

advertisement
Old 09-03-2017, 11:09 PM   #12
Day Tripper
Grand Magnate

Day Tripper Hugs to all the ladies!

2 yr Member
1,854 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

No I haven't, but I'll do some research on both and ask my doctor about both options. I wish she was more accessible. The net available appointmentment for her, which I have, is in January. I asked her office if she is healthy, and she said shes in good health. I then asked if they could give a referral and the place they reffered me to was out in Chelsea far away from Ann Arbor. She knows how important this is so she told me to see her in a month and she's making that impossible. Ill call the doctor's office again and hopefully the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Day Tripper is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 09-03-2017, 11:17 PM   #13
Sometimes psychotic
Legendary

5 yr Member
17.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Tripper View Post
No I haven't, but I'll do some research on both and ask my doctor about both options. I wish she was more accessible. The net available appointmentment for her, which I have, is in January. I asked her office if she is healthy, and she said shes in good health. I then asked if they could give a referral and the place they reffered me to was out in Chelsea far away from Ann Arbor. She knows how important this is so she told me to see her in a month and she's making that impossible. Ill call the doctor's office again and hopefully the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I'm going to keep looking...thing with the maois is you have dietary restrictions...no drinking for example because it can kill you that's why they've fallen out of favor. But they work for treatment resistant depression.

Wow January is crazy...I see mine every six months too...she has clinic only once a week....but she's good so it's worth it.

My cousin and his wife live in Chelsea it's like farmland...they actually have a barn. Incidentally he's a doc but in family med residency so he couldn't handle this unfortunately.

Yes be the squeaky wheel
Old 09-04-2017, 12:26 AM   #14
Desoxyn
Creator of Stars

Desoxyn Invega controlled

2 yr Member
525 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

My stimulant is a releaser of dopamine norepinephrine and serotonin and inhibits it's reuptake at the same time.

It's an overkill. In small doses I noticed a drastic change in anhedonia so maybe an MAOI could work for you or even myself once I stop taking this horrid drug.

I posted some on roll call that has to wait to be approved.

I plan to write more about this anhedonia thing.

Surviving Anhedonia

I've been switching through these 7 basic states of mind and more all month..

Makes me realize that I'm more lost about anhedonia than I already am.

I feel very obsessive and compulsive right now and irritable so I feel like I have way less serotonin right now with less empathy and feeling. Last week I was tripping with the amount of serotonin I think I've had.

But SSRI's I've noticed only numb me. Although the week before that week of emotion I took a popular primarily serotonin releaser and was getting brain zaps too so maybe serotonin depletion increased my dopamine with the other stimulant idk. That's why it's soon going to be used professionally by psychologists in the US for therapy once every 3 months or something for PTSD.

It's a huge balance thing in the brain. I preferably like to be slightly unbalanced on the higher serotonin side which is why I like psychedelics and empathogen stimulants and hate opiates because opiates make you feel nothing much and I've felt that way for long enough now.

Balance is the key really. If you feel too much from higher serotonin, you'll get upset, impulsive and want less feeling because less dopamine. Feel nothing because of less serotonin, well you'll feel really frustrated and angry about it because of too much dopamine. That's a good understanding right there. I've noticed that too much serotonin can make me unbearably depressed to the point where I'm screaming out for death to take me away. Then on the other side, it can be so much but not too much to be perfect for a while.

Even though these are basic simplifications of how the brain can be interpreted into emotions and whatever, I feel like humanity - scientists etc can use it as a language in a way to have a better understanding before it's decided that it should be just ditched all together and brought back to the drawing board so it's important to not talk about it too much in that way I guess and use both equally.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:03 AM   #15
WeepingWillow23
Reality Observer

WeepingWillow23 has no updates.

10 yr Member PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sometimes psychotic View Post
I'm going to keep looking...thing with the maois is you have dietary restrictions...no drinking for example because it can kill you that's why they've fallen out of favor. But they work for treatment resistant depression.
If you're looking for a MAOI without dietary restrictions, there's Moclobemide, though I don't know if it's available in the US? It's a reversible MAOI. However, I really couldn't recommend it personally because, when I took it, it did literally nothing. No benefits, but no side effects either - may as well have been placebo!! But obviously YMMV.

I've also heard that MAOI skin patches, like ensam, on the lowest dose are fairly lax about the dietary restrictions, but not at the higher doses. The dietary restrictions are very important thought because, as Sometimes said, you could die if you don't stick to them.

Anyway, definitely keep shouting until you get an earlier appt because Jan is far too long to have to suffer in this way.

I hope you find something that helps

*Willow*
WeepingWillow23 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 09-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #16
Sometimes psychotic
Legendary

5 yr Member
17.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow23 View Post
If you're looking for a MAOI without dietary restrictions, there's Moclobemide, though I don't know if it's available in the US? It's a reversible MAOI. However, I really couldn't recommend it personally because, when I took it, it did literally nothing. No benefits, but no side effects either - may as well have been placebo!! But obviously YMMV.

I've also heard that MAOI skin patches, like ensam, on the lowest dose are fairly lax about the dietary restrictions, but not at the higher doses. The dietary restrictions are very important thought because, as Sometimes said, you could die if you don't stick to them.

Anyway, definitely keep shouting until you get an earlier appt because Jan is far too long to have to suffer in this way.

I hope you find something that helps

*Willow*
I was going to keep looking in general but this is great info
Old 09-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #17
Day Tripper
Grand Magnate

2 yr Member
1,854 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Ironically, Moclobemide the VERY drug I mentioned that is not approved in the united States that has helped with anhedonia.
Hugs from:
Old 09-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #18
Sometimes psychotic
Legendary

5 yr Member
17.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Tripper View Post
Ironically, Moclobemide the VERY drug I mentioned that is not approved in the united States that has helped with anhedonia.
Maybe tweaky could hook you up?
Old 09-04-2017, 06:37 PM   #19
Day Tripper
Grand Magnate

2 yr Member
1,854 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'll ask him now.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:38 PM   #20
Erti
Princess Tutu

Erti is rocking out to babymetal

5 yr Member
2,308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sometimes psychotic View Post
Maybe tweaky could hook you up?
lol I like your sense of humor.

I saw that picture of Tweaky. He is a nice lookin' guy.