Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 10-24-2017, 11:19 PM   #1
MooseintheReeds

MooseintheReeds soon to be homeless

My Mood: Met a Guy who cured/treats his Schizoaffective with CBD and psychotherapy

3 yr Member
19 hugs
given
Book Met a Guy who cured/treats his Schizoaffective with CBD and psychotherapy

Met a guy through my boyfriend who has diagnosed Schizoaffective disorder since he was 17 (he's in his thirties now and on SSI) who cured/treats his disorder with cannabis oil (the stuff without the THC) and talk therapy. His doctor has written a case study in a peer-reviewed journal about him. Thought it was interesting.
Vyalar 1mg

No Longer Using
Abilify 10mg (horrible akathisia)
Celexa 30mg (no longer working)
Lexapro 20mg (no longer working)
Zyprexa 10 mg (extreme weight gain)
Lamotrigine 50mg (no longer working)

"I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday." - Lincoln

"My past does not define me, it has enabled me to learn and grow into what I want to be tomorrow." -UNKN
MooseintheReeds is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 10-25-2017, 02:28 AM   #2
still_crazy
Poohbah
still_crazy has no updates.

2,520 hugs
given
Default Re: Met a Guy who cured/treats his Schizoaffective with CBD and psychotherapy

thats awesome. i think 'standard treatment' fails a lot of people, plus there are serious adverse effects to consider.
still_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
dmhobbit

dmhobbit has no updates.

My Mood: Met a Guy who cured/treats his Schizoaffective with CBD and psychotherapy

3 yr Member
36 hugs
given
Angry Re: Met a Guy who cured/treats his Schizoaffective with CBD and psychotherapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseintheReeds View Post
Met a guy through my boyfriend who has diagnosed Schizoaffective disorder since he was 17 (he's in his thirties now and on SSI) who cured/treats his disorder with cannabis oil (the stuff without the THC) and talk therapy. His doctor has written a case study in a peer-reviewed journal about him. Thought it was interesting.

I wish I could take CBD oil or vape it but it is illegal in Virginia. Makes me want to move to Colorado or Seattle where there is premium bud and CBD oil. I'd use it for my bipolar spectrum and anxiety. Instead I am stuck with six psych meds and they keep me kinda numb but without them I am a angry psychopathic freak that can't hold a job. I wish the stupid drug war would end!

DX: schizoaffective bipolar type, panic disorder, ocd, depression, night terrors, seizure disorder.

RX: neurontin, depakote, klonopin, lamictal, lisinopril, metroprolol er, zyprexa, trazadone, prilosec.

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing!" - a sign at our city park

~ dmhobbit ~
dmhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-13-2017, 10:46 AM   #4
Anonymous59125
Anonymous59125 has no updates. Edit

Default Re: Met a Guy who cured/treats his Schizoaffective with CBD and psychotherapy

Thank goodness he found relief. I hope more studies are conducted as I believe cannabis is a reasonable med with lots of potential uses for relief of many ailments
Old 11-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #5
*Laurie*
Account Suspended
*Laurie* is creating something while listening to music.

3 yr Member
5,038 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhobbit View Post
I wish I could take CBD oil or vape it but it is illegal in Virginia. Makes me want to move to Colorado or Seattle where there is premium bud and CBD oil. I'd use it for my bipolar spectrum and anxiety. Instead I am stuck with six psych meds and they keep me kinda numb but without them I am a angry psychopathic freak that can't hold a job. I wish the stupid drug war would end!
Are you sure CBD oil is illegal in Virginia? It does not contain THC, and is available for purchase online. Try googling it.

Last edited by *Laurie*; 11-13-2017 at 03:43 PM..
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-15-2017, 01:50 PM   #6
Anonymous59125
Anonymous59125 has no updates. Edit

The strain of the cannabis MATTERS. I cannot stress this enough. Some strains make psychosis and pain worse and others relieve. I’m not saying it works for everyone but for many who have tried it once without relief, there MIGHT be hope in a different strain. I’ve read on the internet that all strains and types are the same and produce the same effect and I can speak from experience stating this is not true. We need more studies on this plant and the criminal aspect of its use should be abolished.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:42 PM   #7
dmhobbit

dmhobbit has no updates.

3 yr Member
36 hugs
given
Confused Re: Met a Guy who cured/treats his Schizoaffective with CBD and psychotherapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Laurie* View Post
Are you sure CBD oil is illegal in Virginia? It does not contain THC, and is available for purchase online. Try googling it.
I checked with one of my friends in town and he get the non THC variety called "Charlottes Web" and it is working for his mom and relieves her anxiety, so now I know I can get it online. My question now is how much is a bottle and will it last a month? I'm only paying $3.35/month for my Klonopin and that works just fine. So its a cost benefit analysis right now.

DX: schizoaffective bipolar type, panic disorder, ocd, depression, night terrors, seizure disorder.

RX: neurontin, depakote, klonopin, lamictal, lisinopril, metroprolol er, zyprexa, trazadone, prilosec.

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing!" - a sign at our city park

~ dmhobbit ~
Old 12-01-2017, 12:12 AM   #8
dmhobbit

dmhobbit has no updates.

3 yr Member
36 hugs
given
Angry Re: Met a Guy who cured/treats his Schizoaffective with CBD and psychotherapy

Actually no, Virginia has a very limited CBD oil use for patients only with epilepsy and has to be written by a neurologist. No other forms of diagnoses are allowed nor psych doctors can prescribe it.

Here is the link:
https://www.mpp.org/states/virginia/...thc-a-oil-law/

So no hope for those with Bipolar/Anxiety. Big Pharma is winning and slowly eradicating the natural cannabis treatments quickly coming up with wild dangerous chemical substitutes for what cannabis does. In fact recently the FDA rapidly approved a new medication that increases hunger in cancer patients. I think those that promote the cannabis route get shot in the back of the head twice. Damn them all. SMH.

~ dmhobbit ~
Old 03-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #9
Heartshapetattoo
Heartshapetattoo has no updates.

2 hugs
given

Try using black seed oil 100% topicaly and orally. Im having some reduction in hearing almost to nothing. I put it on my neck. I also use cbd cream. Im on zyprexa 10mg.
Heartshapetattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #10
Schizo44
Schizo44 has no updates.

I tried CBD for a while and found it to take the edge off and calm me down. But, the effects seemed to be short lived and wear off with subsequent doses. Have personally found better long term results with Zyprexa. But if it works for some people, by all means go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseintheReeds View Post
Schizo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: