Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Schizoaffective Disorder

advertisement
Unread 07-11-2017, 12:20 PM   #1
scar12346 has no updates.

112 hugs
given
Default ..so turns out I belong here.

Just wanted to introduce myself. Just made a shocking discovery that.. I actually am.. have schizoaffective. Bipolar with psychosis.. and it has always been that way written on medication documents "Bipolar disorder with symptoms of psychosis" ..it has always been like that. Just thought it was a weird quirk for my Bipolar.. until someone from the schizophrenia/psychosis forum said something for schizoaffective, and well.. I guess it fits. Not going to the pdoc to confirm. Just sliding along with it. To everyone else we are the same anyways so who cares. Well.. hey. My name is Scar, I have DID, and.. schizoaffective. I am 17, and I've been living like that for 17 years. I am on no medication, and I do not want help from professionals. I prefer the company of people who understand my problems. So yeah. Hey
scar12346 is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 07-12-2017, 03:30 AM   #2

Kuras has no updates.

Default Re: ..so turns out I belong here.

What you decide to do is ultimately your choice. No one can force treatment on you. My only hope is that your condition, left untreated, does not interfere with your potential in life.
Unread 07-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #3
Grand Magnate

BeyondtheRainbow finally cuddling with kittens

My Mood:

2 yr Member
906 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Bipolar with psychosis is not always schizoaffective. Schizoaffective is a separate disorder where the psychosis occurs between mood states as well as during. So your pdoc doesn't feel that you have psychosis, just bipolar 1 with psychosis, as many of us with BP1 have.
Meds: Clozaril 275 mg, Emsam 12 mg, gabapentin 1000 mg bedtime & 100 PRN twice daily, topamax 25 mg, klonopin 2 mg/1mg PRN, valium 5 mg PRN, hydroxyzine 25 mg PRN, lots of vitamins and meds for side effects

BeyondtheRainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2017, 05:28 PM   #4

NeedHaldol has no updates.

You may get to a point where your illness gets extremely bad. You are just starting life and not to be mean, but you're not even a legal adult.

You can only hold onto sanity for so long. I ended up in the hospital for 10 days after I had my worst psychotic break. I was 21.

I would suggest seeking some professional help before it gets any worse. Also, meds are not bad. They make me well. They will work for you once you eventually get on the right cocktail.
NeedHaldol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2017, 11:37 PM   #5

Kuras has no updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheRainbow View Post
Bipolar with psychosis is not always schizoaffective. Schizoaffective is a separate disorder where the psychosis occurs between mood states as well as during. So your pdoc doesn't feel that you have psychosis, just bipolar 1 with psychosis, as many of us with BP1 have.
That was the point of discussion in the other thread. That psychosis was occurring outside of mood-states.
Unread 07-14-2017, 08:19 AM   #6
Grand Member
still_crazy has no updates.

1,589 hugs
given

hi. psych drugs vs no psych drugs....that's an ongoing debate/discussion. personally, i think there are people who can do well with strong support networks, guidance, all that. then there are people who clearly benefit from the psych drugs over the long haul, and there's lots of peole in between.

id try to avoid labels, to whatever extent you can. the labels are mostly used for billing and to guide treatment. its not a personal identity by any means.
still_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote