Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Schizoaffective Disorder

advertisement

Old 06-25-2017, 07:14 PM   #11
Iman has no updates.

3 yr Member
5 hugs
given
Default Re: Paranoid and delusional thoughts, do they ever go away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz kafka View Post
I still have mild, ongoing hallucinations and delusional thinking, even though my meds are working. They don't interfere with my functioning so I just let it be. I don't want to take more meds.
I do also, it helps to know that I am not alone. I thought it was unusual but the more I talk with people I find that For some the thoughts never disappear, just are softened or quieted somewhat so that the fade into the background.
Iman is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 06-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #12
Iman has no updates.

3 yr Member
5 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazygrl882 View Post
I have paranoid thoughts that persist due to being on meds. I'm on 400mg seroquel, 6mg haldol, .5mg klonopin twice a day, and 200mg lamictal. I have schizoaffective. The voices and hallucinations are gone but I feel that people can hear my thoughts and that they can invisibly hover around me or be inside me and see everything I do all the time. This is troublesome and bothers me and I just want to be left alone. I also feel that cameras are always on me and everyone I know watches me through them. I sometimes think the TV sends me messages but can't figure them out. I feel I passed through the mirror as a kid and am on the wrong side of reality and in the wrong life. I'm scared of my reflection and the mirror.

I hope you feel better. It's hard living this way.
You sound like me, your drug cocktail between the Haldol and Seroquel, adding klonopin and lamictal.... For me also as a child I experienced unusually high IQ but also had long discussions about life with insects, they talked to me. My mother thought it was funny but it is much more than that. How is the Haldol? I have read about it, can't believe everything you read but it is a stronger med than Seroquel, correct? I try not to let the paranoid thoughts take me where I don't want to go. I started writing here so that I could find people that could relate. I have never experienced messages from the TV but have from music. Funny how the meds work for me as before I was sure that I could place thoughts into others minds. Now medicated it seems to be the reverse as I don't have the strength to fight them off. The drugs make it much harder for me to hold a thought for a long time and to some degree involuntarily compliant or complacent. Just willing to be submissive to the waves of thoughts if that makes any sense? I can relate, literally and figuratively. I stopped trying to go back years ago but it still bothers me. I keep trying to explain to people it's like knowing something is wrong but not able to prove that it's wrong. That in itself will make you "Crazy".

Thank you for responding to me and yes it is very hard living this way.
Hugs from:
Old 08-17-2017, 01:06 AM   #13
lost_lover has no updates.

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman View Post
Question for the group. I am taking 800mg Seroquel, 60mg Prozac, 4mg Klonopin, 40mg Benzotropin. I still have paranoid thoughts, i just dont act on them like i did before medications. I had expected they would go away completely. Anybody have experience with this. For me it seems the medications slow me down, by the time i might start reacting to the paranoia or strange thoughts, conversation's in my head etc.... My clouded thinking from the drugs causes me to loose interest or just plain forget. This leaves me with a sense of more confusion. I wish thesethoughts would stop. I dont know what those people who had lobotomies felt in the 1950's but i think this how it must have felt. Chemicaly restrained, the pain comes from knowing something and nothing at the same time. it is a prison without bars.
I am going to be honest, I didn't read everyone else's responses. I just read this and suddenly felt like there was someone else trapped in the same world as me. I am having trouble accepting a new diagnosis after years of being called bipolar but what you said here just describes every waking moment of my life. It is there, the paranoia, the voices, everything, the meds just dull it down and make me easily distracted. There are things, that require deep thinking that once upon a time I could have done but now a whole part of my brain is blocked off with thick fog. I try to handle life with my edited mind, knowing there is more that I just don't see anymore, having it faintly rattle in my mind. I find myself scared things are going to happen but I cannot articulate what or why just that I am not safe.

I am sorry that was probably not helpful but for me I felt like I wasn't alone for a few minutes. My cloudy and slowed down mind as. Ur me off from a lot of human interaction because I cannot explain things but tjisjusy did.
lost_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 08-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #14
Iman has no updates.

3 yr Member
5 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazygrl882 View Post
I have paranoid thoughts that persist due to being on meds. I'm on 400mg seroquel, 6mg haldol, .5mg klonopin twice a day, and 200mg lamictal. I have schizoaffective. The voices and hallucinations are gone but I feel that people can hear my thoughts and that they can invisibly hover around me or be inside me and see everything I do all the time. This is troublesome and bothers me and I just want to be left alone. I also feel that cameras are always on me and everyone I know watches me through them. I sometimes think the TV sends me messages but can't figure them out. I feel I passed through the mirror as a kid and am on the wrong side of reality and in the wrong life. I'm scared of my reflection and the mirror.

I hope you feel better. It's hard living this way.
One I have is "The electrical wires in my house and other buildings are used to send messages to me and confuse me. The EMF, electro magnetic field is pulsing, sending messages. Yes it is hard living this way.
Hugs from:
Old 08-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #15
Iman has no updates.

3 yr Member
5 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_lover View Post
I am going to be honest, I didn't read everyone else's responses. I just read this and suddenly felt like there was someone else trapped in the same world as me. I am having trouble accepting a new diagnosis after years of being called bipolar but what you said here just describes every waking moment of my life. It is there, the paranoia, the voices, everything, the meds just dull it down and make me easily distracted. There are things, that require deep thinking that once upon a time I could have done but now a whole part of my brain is blocked off with thick fog. I try to handle life with my edited mind, knowing there is more that I just don't see anymore, having it faintly rattle in my mind. I find myself scared things are going to happen but I cannot articulate what or why just that I am not safe.

I am sorry that was probably not helpful but for me I felt like I wasn't alone for a few minutes. My cloudy and slowed down mind as. Ur me off from a lot of human interaction because I cannot explain things but tjisjusy did.
I think trapped is exactly the word I was looking for! Your words are exactly what is inside of me, difficult to fully articulate. I am also scared things are going to happen. I tried to explain to P Doc but he just said it's part of your problem and I need to learn to live with it. I also very much understand that part of the brain feeling. That is is blocked off. I think some people don't notice? For me I do and just that alone adds to some of the fear. It is almost like I can feel the separation and then the distractions as you said. Some call it comfortably numb, for me it is not comfortable and I find myself accepting things I would never accept before. Now it is just easier to just say ok or yes that search for hours for the words I know I want to say. A mental prison, is it better than the alternative? I don't know anymore. Thank you for writing those words, it was helpful for me.

Last edited by Iman; 08-17-2017 at 08:31 PM..
Hugs from:
Old 11-25-2017, 11:43 AM   #16
SoundForce1 has no updates.

It was once thought that the brain was the brain and that's that. Meaning, it was once thought that the brain could not be changed. But then it was discovered that the mind can change the structure of the brain itself.

I have been off the drugs for over 18 years now. The goal was to figure out exactly what was going on, all such that the problem was within my mind and thus was no longer in control of my mind. Once this was the case, I took control. Job done.

Unfortunately, this is not accepted by the medical community. They only accept drugs.

In all cases, in all forums, I was banned when trying to share the cure, which is why I try no longer. 10 years of trying, and 10 years of rejection, is enough for me.
SoundForce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 11-28-2017, 09:16 PM   #17
Veteran Member
tecomsin has no updates.

My Mood:

332 hugs
given

It looks like the antipsychotic you are on, Seroquel, is not working sufficiently well for you and your whole medication cocktail is aimed at tranquilizing rather than treating and that's why you feel like a prisoner in your own brain.

That is exactly how I felt on Seroquel...

There are many other antipsychotics, some might work better for you and a totally different cocktail might work better, but changing meds at such high doses is not trivial.

I would get a second opinion on the meds.
Hugs from:
Old 01-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #18

twistypringle98 chips and salsa please....

My Mood:

23 hugs
given

I have experienced that my delusional and paranoid thoughts have gone away but then I got hysterical about some things just because my life was ****** at the moment (not all of it was total horse****). I was put into so many ****** situations that my paranoia and delusions got worse but then I stopped doing those things with some of my common sense working these situations out.

I quit working at a few jobs just to get over it and it worked out for the better. Right now I'm just sitting applying for jobs and getting over some things. I realize that not all people have the luxury of doing that but that is how I did that.

Last edited by FooZe; 01-07-2018 at 03:09 AM.. Reason: bleeped a cussword
twistypringle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #19
Seqoya has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
15 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman View Post
Question for the group. I am taking 800mg Seroquel, 60mg Prozac, 4mg Klonopin, 40mg Benzotropin. I still have paranoid thoughts, i just dont act on them like i did before medications. I had expected they would go away completely. Anybody have experience with this. For me it seems the medications slow me down, by the time i might start reacting to the paranoia or strange thoughts, conversation's in my head etc.... My clouded thinking from the drugs causes me to loose interest or just plain forget. This leaves me with a sense of more confusion. I wish thesethoughts would stop. I dont know what those people who had lobotomies felt in the 1950's but i think this how it must have felt. Chemicaly restrained, the pain comes from knowing something and nothing at the same time. it is a prison without bars.
My paranoid thinking and delusions stopped after I started taking the generic for Risperdal, but not right away. Later I switched to Abilify then later to the generic for that and for a while I took 20 mg then it needed to be increased to 30 mg. For a while I started having mild paranoia returning but not severe as well as some hallucinations.

Now I'm taking the generic for Seroquel but at 600 mg total two 300mg tablets at night. I think there might be a possibility it may be increased in the future but I'm not sure. I also take it for Dissociative symptoms.

I also take:

Lithium two 300 mg tablets=600mg in the morning two 300 mg tablets=600mg at night total 1,200mg,
Fluoxetine generic for Prozac, two 40 mg capsules in the morning total 80 mg
Prazosin two two mg capsules in the morning=4mg, four fivemg capsules at night=20mg at night, total 24mg.

As I've mentioned on other posts, Prazosin is a high blood pressure medicine that can be used to help with PTSD nightmares. This is quite a high dosage for a woman for night mares according to the Psychiatrist, actually my previous dose was high according to my previous Psychiatrist and my current one. However, my blood pressure is good, and my night mares are horrible and extremely persistant.

Back to the delusions and paranoia. I haven't had those problems in some time. However I know that I would if I wasn't taking anti-psychotic medication.

My Diagnosis:

Schizoaffective Disorder Bipolar Type
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with Dissociative Features
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I hope that this helps. I also hope that you get some relief.
Seqoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 01-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #20
Sc2894 has no updates.

Hey, sorry you're still having a hard time. I hear voices pretty constantly, and I frequently have command hallucinations, but they're a lot more tolerable and easier not to act on than they were before I started taking Seroquel. From what I've gathered from other people, sometimes the voices and delusions don't go away. They just get a little quieter. Hopefully that's not the case, but what else can be done besides taking the meds and doing the best that can be done to not let them get to you? I hope things get better, and I wish you the best of luck!
Sc2894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: