Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Sanctuary for Spiritual Support

advertisement

Old 10-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #21
Veteran Member

SheilaKathy I love my Creator!

My Mood:

522 hugs
given
Default Re: Tell me about your Healing Stones?

My bracelet arrived. It is pretty, but it is heavier than I expected it would be. I like it a lot though. The tiger's eye bead is captivating and the black tourmaline beads are all shiny and pretty. They stranded it with 2 nylon strands, so it is strong. I just hope it wards off the evil that it is supposed to. I have been praying for relief from the nastiness too. I have had more than enough bullying, sarcasm and all that kind of stuff than I think a person should have to deal with in life all my life long. I am just so sick of it! So if this bracelet helps me with that at all, it will be a real blessing!

advertisement
Old 10-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #22
Veteran Member

My Mood:

522 hugs
given

I got my book in the mail this week. It is called THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CRYSTALS by Judy Hall (Revised and Expanded Edition) and it is illustrated with photos of all the stones. They are sorted by color and there is an index also.

I found out that Turquoise is good for mood swings, among a lot of other properties, so I am going to try to buy a piece of it soon. Ideally I would like to buy a piece of jewelry with it in it so that I can wear it. We shall see....

Labradorite is another one that I want to buy. It helps to banish fears!
Old 11-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #23

graystreet has no updates.

20 hugs
given

I absolutely love labradorite--it's my favorite.

I usually have black tourmaline in my pocket when I go to work, and also have a chunk of it, and rose quartz next to my bed.

Selenite is a great cleansing stone, and doesn't need to be cleansed itself.

When I started collecting stones, I was very drawn to blue lace agate. Indeed, at the shop, as soon as I picked it up, I felt it vibrating almost immediately. It is a very good calming stone, and very good for caregivers, which is part of what I do for a living. It is also good for helping to express emotions without getting upset--something I regularly struggle to do.

Thank you for starting this thread! I love to discuss these things, and have no one else to discuss them with.
graystreet is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-07-2017, 02:40 AM   #24
Veteran Member

My Mood:

522 hugs
given
Question Re: Tell me about your Healing Stones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graystreet View Post
I absolutely love labradorite....
My parents went to Labrador and brought back some of it. They brought back a huge church of it that just was so beautiful, it dazzled!

I am a caregiver too. I will have to get my blue lace agate out and see what it can do for me. It is a beautiful stone too!

I checked into some Selenite and a 4 inch tall "skyscraper" of it costs about $6 or so, so I might buy some, thanks for the suggestion, as I sometimes have no idea how to clean my stones. So, for instance, how do you use it to clean them?
Old 11-07-2017, 02:41 AM   #25
Veteran Member

My Mood:

522 hugs
given

I meant "chunck" not "church" above! LOL...
Old 11-07-2017, 02:58 AM   #26

20 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaKathy View Post
So, for instance, how do you use it to clean them?
You can cleanse some stones with water, some stones with sunlight. But not all can be cleansed with water (selenite, for example, will dissolve) and not all with sunlight (amethyst will fade). Moonlight is (full moon), sage, and palo santo are all good as well. I love using palo santo in general, so I usually use that.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:41 PM   #27
Veteran Member

My Mood:

522 hugs
given

I think I remember someone mentioning smudging. For me, that would be impossible, seeing as I live in a building that has a very sensitive smoke alarm! It would set off everyone's alarm in the whole apartment building and the fire company would come and I would be in big trouble! LOL... Anyway, I like the idea of using selenite the best of all things suggested for cleansing stones so far here.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:05 PM   #28

20 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaKathy View Post
I think I remember someone mentioning smudging. For me, that would be impossible, seeing as I live in a building that has a very sensitive smoke alarm! It would set off everyone's alarm in the whole apartment building and the fire company would come and I would be in big trouble! LOL... Anyway, I like the idea of using selenite the best of all things suggested for cleansing stones so far here.
Haha, yeah that would be bad! My smoke detectors are in my apartment, and can come off of the wall. I did set them off the first time I did it, but now I just take them down and turn them face down. You can also bury the stones in sea salt (be careful which ones; salt can pit some stones), I think I already mentioned water, put them in sunlight (some stones like amethyst will fade), moonlight, some people bury them in earth (be careful to remember where you put them ) and I've also seen it said that you can just cleanse them by intention. But I like using a physical thing. If you Google "How to cleanse crystals" there are lots of things out there.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 11-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #29
Veteran Member

My Mood:

522 hugs
given

I bought a piece of Turquoise today, as well as the Labradorite. That last looks like an opal in a way, with rainbows of color inside of it. It is so beautiful! I also bought some stones for some dear friends of mine. These stones have crosses in them, which formed naturally in the earth. They are so pretty, they kind of look like the style of cross that they crafted in the Middle Ages. I also bought a piece of blue/green Aventurine.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:54 PM   #30
Veteran Member

My Mood:

522 hugs
given

Well, I ordered some Selenite from an online source. I didn't think to ask at the local store if they had it. So I ordered a 3 piece set, a wand, a tower and a "worry stone."

I showed my collection of stones to a friend today and she was very impressed. We talked about how amazing it is that all these beautifully colored pieces of rock come from the earth. She collects them too, of course. She buys them on the Native American/ Cherokee reservation nearby here. I bought an arrow head there once.