Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Sanctuary for Spiritual Support

advertisement
Unread 08-29-2017, 05:47 PM   #11

RubyRae has no updates.

190 hugs
given
Default Re: Empath

I am also one.It can be so physically and emotionally draining.

I HAVE to take time to be by myself at least once per day.I have a room in my house that's my space to meditate,listen to music,do whatever calms me.

Sometimes I have to go to my room a few times in one day,I have to though,I have to clear all the negative energy and recharge.

I hope you can get some 'me time' in Hummingbird1.
RubyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 08-29-2017, 07:57 PM   #12
Poohbah

lotusblossom19 has no updates.

169 hugs
given

Yes, it can be veeeery draining. Sometimes it feels like a gift, sometimes a curse. I think in many cases people don't intend to cause you stress, but it can feel like they think you are a superhero at times. There's nothing wrong with setting some boundaries and taking time out to nurture yourself. Spending time in nature can be calming. I try to minimize negativity in my world as much as possible, down to the music I listen to and video clips I watch. I don't even watch television anymore. No horror movies for me. I respond much better to comedy. Can never get enough laughter. No music littered with profanity. Peaceful, positive, beautiful music all the way. I have become very selective about the things I consume because my spirit is so gentle and absorbent. It needs protecting. You can help people to an extent but it shouldn't be to the point where the help you give is taking everything from you. You don't have to be mean to say "no" either. Your nature is very caring and it enables you to help people in an exceptional way. That is a beautiful thing. Don't forget that you deserve care and peace too, though. Do what you can to create that in your world, even if that means blocking out "the world" at times. You can always come back to "the world" when you're ready.

lotusblossom19 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 09-08-2017, 01:10 PM   #13
Veteran Member

golden_eve UGH, Tuesday!

My Mood:

2 yr Member
444 hugs
given

I'm an empath too and used to give too much of myself which would drain me. Now I have learned to create stronger boundaries, not over-give and not harm my own self preservation, sense of self or mental health. Sounds like you need a break from people. Rejuvenate, walk in nature, listen to soothing music, call a friend. Take care of YOU. ***Hugs****
golden_eve is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 09-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #14
Grand Member
zijax has no updates.

My Mood:

1 hugs
given

A lady gets out of the hospital after enduring a long painful bout with cancer treatment. Her best friend tells her...Im sorry I didn't visit you in the hospital all those weeks you were suffering. You see I'm an empath and I just care too much! Haha... Some friend
zijax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #15
Enceladus has no updates.

I am an empath and have always taken on the emotions of other people. Some people are a really big drain of energy and other's not so much. It's not easy and I suffer from social anxiety and I just can't be in crowds. I get too overwhelmed and I start having panic attacks. I was living in a small city on a very busy street and it was unbearable. I now live in the Country which has helped but when I go to the city, I get overwhelmed so I have to prepare and have an out if I need one.

Meditation has helped me quiet the ever present noise and maintain some serenity. There are guided meditations podcasts and on youtube.

Working out also helps me focus all my attention on what I am doing, not the others around me.
Enceladus is offline   Reply With Quote