Juleeo has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
46 hugs
given
Default Re: Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker1950 View Post
I would like to talk about a specific experience I had here...In this last relationship attempt I had with the Psych. Ph.D., I discussed my spirituality with him, to which he repied, "it was all in my mind."
Since then, in the emotional recovery, I've had a very hard time returning to my spiritual base, feeling somehow that revealing that to him contributed to the rejection. Trying to manage on my own, without spiritual support or counseling. I'm okay, but now looking back to my spiritual roots. Feeling the need for this, but also wavering.
Patty
Seeker, I hear you; we can be thrown, 'rejected,' and just from my own perception, I know how that feels. But isn't it a relief that no matter how we waver, the truth is always there? A sturdy riverbed...a quiet, peaceful place.. for me, even when I don't feel that riverbed beneath me because the positive emotions have flown the coop, I know (head knowledge, but I know) that if I just take a step forward, I'll feel that riverbed beneath me, holding me up. Hang in ... from Juleeo
Juleeo is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 06-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #72

Juleeo has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
46 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker1950 View Post
I am glad to see this area in the forum. Is this a new addition. I have been thinking a lot lately about spiritual matters, and the large vaccuum in my life in that area.
Patty
Seeker, I just replied to your post a few minutes ago; now I want to ask, is "your artrox" your art? If so, your artrox rocks! It's beautiful. It looks rather like a kind of sculpture, but -- is it a painting? How large is it in reality? Do you do this (if it is yours) for a living, or as a hobby? At any rate, thank you much for sharing it; it's gorgeous. Juleeo
Juleeo is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 02-26-2016, 01:07 AM   #73

Aviza has no updates.

3 yr Member
11 hugs
given

Can you do a separate prayer request area. It's overtaking spiritual discussions.

Schizoaffective Diagnosis:

Not medicated.
Aviza is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 09-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #74

ElizabethSpiritBear has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member

I'm new here and I'm very pleased to find this particular forum. I may not be able to attend the spirituality chat today owing to previous commitments, but I would enjoy an opportunity to discuss this subject at a future chat.

For many years now I have been fascinated with the subject of human consciousness and its relationship to the soul, or spirit. Particularly what philosopher David Chalmers calls The Hard Problem of consciousness, which is why it should have evolved in human beings in the first place. There doesn't seem to be any particular reason why we have a particular experience, for example, of the blueness of the color blue. We would do just as well to learn that seeing something of that light wavelength was called "blue," and not experience any feeling of "blueness" about it.

This is very difficult to explain, and thus why I'd love to discuss it!

Namaste,
Elizabeth
Unread 09-15-2016, 07:13 PM   #75
Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

CANDC has no updates.

3 yr Member
807 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethSpiritBear View Post
I'm new here and I'm very pleased to find this particular forum. I may not be able to attend the spirituality chat today owing to previous commitments, but I would enjoy an opportunity to discuss this subject at a future chat.

For many years now I have been fascinated with the subject of human consciousness and its relationship to the soul, or spirit. Particularly what philosopher David Chalmers calls The Hard Problem of consciousness, which is why it should have evolved in human beings in the first place. There doesn't seem to be any particular reason why we have a particular experience, for example, of the blueness of the color blue. We would do just as well to learn that seeing something of that light wavelength was called "blue," and not experience any feeling of "blueness" about it.

This is very difficult to explain, and thus why I'd love to discuss it!

Namaste,
Elizabeth
Hi Elizabeth sorry you did not get any prompt replies. If you are still interested in discussing matters of consciousness, let me know with a Personal Message if possible.

I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
Robert Frost
CANDC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2017, 01:46 PM   #76
BelleValentine has no updates.

My Mood:

20 hugs
given

What a wonderful forum to have!! Many Thanks!
BelleValentine is offline   Reply With Quote